Happy Birthday Michigan

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Jun 23, 2008
Michigan, USA
Happy Birthday, Michigan is 175 years young today!

424104_10150722572822656_1371967193_n.jpg

I have personally been all over this Country, in ever state but Alaska, and I keep coming back home to where it all started. As I get older, the winters seem less well fun, but still I love the place. :)

I have personally been all over this Country, in ever state but Alaska, and I keep coming back home to where it all started. As I get older, the winters seem less well fun, but still I love the place. :)
]
And Happy Birthday to a fine state who also has the distinction of having the most lighthouses of any other state despite having no ocean. ( 116 )

The state that had, and still has the greatest number of lighthouses is - Michigan! Think about it. Michigan is two peninsulas, surrounded by the waters of three of the Great Lakes, lakes that were and are heavily used by commercial ships. New York is number two by the way.

A liitle of Michigan is cutoff at the bottom. I'm at the edge of the picture at the bottom above the r in over.

Last edited:
I've learned to love Michigan a lot more since I moved from the east side over to the west. Happy Birthday Michigan!

A liitle of Michigan is cutoff at the bottom. I'm at the edge of the picture at the bottom above the r in over.

I live At the Base of the Large Bay about 2/3rds of the way up the West side of the Lower Pen, myself. In the Cherry Capital of the world :)

I live At the Base of the Large Bay about 2/3rds of the way up the West side of the Lower Pen, myself. In the Cherry Capital of the world :)

Why that would be TC or Acme, if I'm not mistaken.

Grand Rapids checking in. Migrated here in '94 from Chicago area and you couldn't get me to move back for anything. Don't get me wrong I love Chicago, my Cubbies, and lots of other things and we go back frequently to visit family and friends. But it's always nice to come back home to GR.

Why that would be TC or Acme, if I'm not mistaken.

TC

What I like to call the Biggest little City ever, and I have been around as a truck Driver. Not to many places quite like it. All the Traffic and People of a City of a half a million at times, with the Infrastructure of a town of 25 Thousand or so. lol

Grand Rapids checking in. Migrated here in '94 from Chicago area and you couldn't get me to move back for anything. Don't get me wrong I love Chicago, my Cubbies, and lots of other things and we go back frequently to visit family and friends. But it's always nice to come back home to GR.

Nice, My office for work is actually in Comstock Park.

Forum List

Back