Happy Australia Day!

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
Australia Day is the official national day of Australia. Celebrated annually on 26 January, it marks the anniversary of the 1788 arrival of the First Fleet of British Ships at Port Jackson, New South Wales, and raising of the Flag of Great Britain at that site by Governor Arthur Phillip. In contemporary Australia, celebrations reflect the diverse society and landscape of the nation, and are marked by community and family events, reflections on Australian history, official community awards, and citizenship ceremonies welcoming new immigrants into the Australian community

A bit early, Bazza!!

Greg

It's never too early for a James Boag's!

It is 7:30pm Friday evening, while Monday is the big day, it is The Australia Day long weekend.

Let's put another shrimp on the barbie!

A bit early, Bazza!!

Greg

It's never too early for a James Boag's!

It is 7:30pm Friday evening, while Monday is the big day, it is The Australia Day long weekend.

Let's put another shrimp on the barbie!

Get stuffed!! I'm putting on some lamb chops and having the prawns COLD..or worse...a flamin' pommy?? OK: at least you didn't say I was a kiwi!!

You think I'm a septic tank??

Greg

Can't we just celebrate our day without the insults from the likes of Peter Fitzsimons and Republicans who don't accept that a Constitutional Monarchy is cool?? What the heck...the lamb roast for lunch was yum!! Thanks, sweetheart!!

Greg

Just think, [Phil] can probably cut his own head off while dubbing himself. What a hoot.

Abbott must be clutching at straws to risk such ridicule.

Anyway, happy Straya Day, Straya.

Last edited:
_43026133_princephillip203.jpg

Is Prince Philip an island god?

BBC NEWS Programmes From Our Own Correspondent Is Prince Philip an island god

The Genie Army is by far the best thing that Australia has come up with since Kylie Minogue. The Genie Army began with 10 men and Sarah Biviano, who sought to bring something different to their home-town tournament. Eugenie Bouchard lost to Sharapova today unfortunately and Bouchard may be too respectful towards her childhood idol as she has never beaten Sharapova so far in her short career. I was staying in Australia to watch her matches when Sharapova won her first Australian Open title in 2008 and she looks sharp enough to win another Australian Open title this year.

B8AYtA2CEAAS9_P.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back