Happy 420. Bills are pending to decriminalize and legalize Marijuana

Cigarettes and alcohol okay because revenue is what it boils down to.

I do not like the idea of LEGALIZING marijuana only because
I have a son----(adult by a long shot---but he could be influenced
to use that garbage) I would not like the idea of legalizing
prostitution either. Both are clear TAX BONANZAS. I kinda
like the cigarette restrictions. I cannot imagine how anyone
in the USA can be a cigarette smoker -
Great, decriminalize it at the Federal Level , that's something that's WAY past due but ...

What the fuck is this?
"Last the bill creates a Treasury Federal Fund that could be used for projects to reinvest and rebuild low-income communities through the Department of Housing and Urban Development" ...... Just what we DON'T need, yet another spending money we don't have social welfare SLUSH fund.

..and what's up with this "punish states that continue criminalizing weed"? as much as I think drug criminalization is just plain stupid and a violation of individual liberty it goes against republican principles for the Federal Government to punish states for doing what the people in those states want, if the people of a given state want it criminalized then that's up to them to decide, it's this kind of attempt at social engineering sneak bullshit under the radar nonsense that makes this effort worthless.

Just do a straight up bill that removes marijuana as a controlled substance and drop all this other nonsense and personally I would support this bill.

you want to drop ALL CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE rules?
-------sheeeeeesh--------a NITEMARE
The no rules is a libertarian thing.

Ummm...no that's not a "libertarian thing", anarchy and libertarianism aren't synonymous.

... on the hand "no aggression" IS a "libertarian thing".
Most libertarians take the stance that all drugs should be legal.

Which isn't the same as "no rules".

I realize you were simply referring to legalizing of all drugs (which is a common libertarian position), but we libertarians get accused of being "no rules" anarchists routinely, and it gets old. Because it's not true.

ahumdillah-------I can continue to be a sorta libertarian----for now

Look, the undeniable truth is fact....poor, ignorant and young people smoke weed...it’s really no secret. Grown, productive, smart people that smoke don’t champion the lifestyle and can care less if it’s legal or not.

The REAL stoners:
homeless_group.jpg

The people stoners want you to think are stoners:
slider-businessman-dark-suit-1.png

Great, decriminalize it at the Federal Level , that's something that's WAY past due but ...

What the fuck is this?
"Last the bill creates a Treasury Federal Fund that could be used for projects to reinvest and rebuild low-income communities through the Department of Housing and Urban Development" ...... Just what we DON'T need, yet another spending money we don't have social welfare SLUSH fund.

..and what's up with this "punish states that continue criminalizing weed"? as much as I think drug criminalization is just plain stupid and a violation of individual liberty it goes against republican principles for the Federal Government to punish states for doing what the people in those states want, if the people of a given state want it criminalized then that's up to them to decide, it's this kind of attempt at social engineering sneak bullshit under the radar nonsense that makes this effort worthless.

Just do a straight up bill that removes marijuana as a controlled substance and drop all this other nonsense and personally I would support this bill.

Ummm...no that's not a "libertarian thing", anarchy and libertarianism aren't synonymous.

First off how do you know what "stance" MOST libertarians take? Hate to burst your bubble but libertarians are not a monolithic block when it comes to stances on public policy issues.

Secondly LEGAL and NO RULES are not synonymous, driving a car is legal, is driving a car without rules?

It is a libertarian thing.
You obviously have little to no understanding of libertarianism, the non-aggression principle is a "libertarian thing", no rules is an "anarchism thing".

What the fuck is this?

States that continue criminalizing weed should be punished, what's the problem?

They should only be able to regulate the sale and production within certain jurisdictions. Like Dry laws for alcohol.

Look, the undeniable truth is fact....poor, ignorant and young people smoke weed...it’s really no secret. Grown, productive, smart people that smoke don’t champion the lifestyle and can care less if it’s legal or not.

The REAL stoners:
homeless_group.jpg

so true------legalization of weed will not change my life-style---
even if I were to venture a loaded brownie. Long ago my mom
told me that end of prohibition did not touch her either-----
except her mom did not feel obligated to squeeze grapes
thru cheese cloth to produce a few drops of wine anymore.
IT's the kids about whom I worry

What the fuck is this?

Which isn't the same as "no rules".

I realize you were simply referring to legalizing of all drugs (which is a common libertarian position), but we libertarians get accused of being "no rules" anarchists routinely, and it gets old. Because it's not true.
You are right and I apologize about that. Generalizing any ideology isn't fair.

What the fuck is this?

Most libertarians take the stance that all drugs should be legal. It is a libertarian thing.

So? Doesn't mean they shouldn't be regulated. I believe that the costs of the black market created by the drug laws themselves cause more damage to society than the effects of the drugs.

What the fuck is this?

First off how do you know what "stance" MOST libertarians take? Hate to burst your bubble but libertarians are not a monolithic block when it comes to stances on public policy issues.

Secondly LEGAL and NO RULES are not synonymous, driving a car is legal, is driving a car without rules?

It is a libertarian thing.
You obviously have little to no understanding of libertarianism, the non-aggression principle is a "libertarian thing", no rules is an "anarchism thing".
You are right I generalized libertarians and I wouldn't want my politics (which is murky) to be generalized either. My apologies.

Thanks Wheelie! I wish our country would legalize it. I Love all you weed supporters. :smiliehug:
The support is there, it is going to happen.
About six-in-ten Americans support marijuana legalization
It’s not going to happen with Republicans in control of Congress.

And the right’s opposition to decriminalizing marijuana is yet another example of conservative hypocrisy and authoritarianism.

I love how all the partisans snow flakes blame Republicans. This is a smoke screen. If a Republican presented it the Democrats would vote against it. The Democrats are bringing up now because they know it won’t get the votes and they are using it for political leverage. It was similar to the 9000000 votes to repeal Obamacare when Obama was in office because they knew he would veto it. Nearly 2 yrs later and it isn’t even a discussed issue!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

What the fuck is this?

Most libertarians take the stance that all drugs should be legal. It is a libertarian thing.

So? Doesn't mean they shouldn't be regulated. I believe that the costs of the black market created by the drug laws themselves cause more damage to society than the effects of the drugs.
I tend to agree and like the idea of freedom first but I think it would be a bad idea if Meth or Heroin were treated like Marijuana or Alcohol. There are huge differences.

Thanks Wheelie! I wish our country would legalize it. I Love all you weed supporters. :smiliehug:

And the right’s opposition to decriminalizing marijuana is yet another example of conservative hypocrisy and authoritarianism.

I love how all the partisans snow flakes blame Republicans. This is a smoke screen. If a Republican presented it the Democrats would vote against it. The Democrats are bringing up now because they know it won’t get the votes and they are using it for political leverage. It was similar to the 9000000 votes to repeal Obamacare when Obama was in office because they knew he would veto it. Nearly 2 yrs later and it isn’t even a discussed issue!

Dems tend to do this with controversial issues, they evolve. Gay marriage is a good example. At least they do evolve though. I'm sure Schumer isn't just doing this on a whim, the numbers are there. The fact he is doing this matters though.

I tend to agree and like the idea of freedom first but I think it would be a bad idea if Meth or Heroin were treated like Marijuana or Alcohol. There are huge differences.

I think it could be done with varying degrees of regulation based on substance in question. I mean if you want some PCP you have to take an IQ test, and if you're dumb enough, yeah sure have at it, but if you're caught operating heavy equipment or driving a car while under the influence, that's a different story.

If "Dudley Do Right Donnie" were to take Marijuana off the Schedule 1 drug list, I might think about changing my mind about him.

I think it could be done with varying degrees of regulation based on substance in question. I mean if you want some PCP you have to take an IQ test, and if you're dumb enough, yeah sure have at it, but if you're caught operating heavy equipment or driving a car while under the influence, that's a different story.
I think there is a radically different amount of risk of someone having faculties enough to understand they cant drive with marijuana and alcohol compared to someone on pcp who is in a different realm and likely can't even recall what laws are.

I think it would be super cool if we decriminalize all narcotics...fuck it, give more options to teens, blacks, wetbacks and the poor...Give them more choices to achieve impairment...Let them purchase it with their EBT cards...fuck it.
We all know MOST stoners are super productive people, they add a shit-ton of positivity to American society.

^Hey Tipsycatlover, here is your Hitler birthday celebrant.

The REAL stoners:
homeless_group.jpg

Looks like a 3 martini lunch guy to me.

Forum List

Back