Happy 420. Bills are pending to decriminalize and legalize Marijuana

Look, the undeniable truth is fact....poor, ignorant and young people smoke weed...it’s really no secret. Grown, productive, smart people that smoke don’t champion the lifestyle and can care less if it’s legal or not.

The REAL stoners:
homeless_group.jpg

The people stoners want you to think are stoners:
slider-businessman-dark-suit-1.png

Looks like a 3 martini lunch guy to me.

Does he look law abiding, like a positive contributor with an effective tax rate in positive figures too?
Good on him...he can do whatever the fuck he wants huh?

I think it would be super cool if we decriminalize all narcotics...fuck it, give more options to teens, blacks, wetbacks and the poor...Give them more choices to achieve impairment...Let them purchase it with their EBT cards...fuck it.
We all know MOST stoners are super productive people, they add a shit-ton of positivity to American society.

^Hey Tipsycatlover, here is your Hitler birthday celebrant.

I make filth piss their pants and scream RACISM with raw, candid truths...it’s what I do.

Look, the undeniable truth is fact....poor, ignorant and young people smoke weed...it’s really no secret. Grown, productive, smart people that smoke don’t champion the lifestyle and can care less if it’s legal or not.

The REAL stoners:
homeless_group.jpg

The people stoners want you to think are stoners:
slider-businessman-dark-suit-1.png

Looks like a 3 martini lunch guy to me.

Does he look law abiding, like a positive contributor with an effective tax rate in positive figures too?
Good on him...he can do whatever the fuck he wants huh?

I guess you missed the deeper point. That being you don't know what the guy is into. He's a male model pretending to be a businessman and you're drawing some sort of deeper meaning to it. That's hilarious.

There are people from all walks of life who choose to smoke or not smoke pot and you're using headshots to make an argument? You're a joke. I assume you don't smoke pot and look at how you use basic logic?

I think it would be super cool if we decriminalize all narcotics...fuck it, give more options to teens, blacks, wetbacks and the poor...Give them more choices to achieve impairment...Let them purchase it with their EBT cards...fuck it.
We all know MOST stoners are super productive people, they add a shit-ton of positivity to American society.

^Hey Tipsycatlover, here is your Hitler birthday celebrant.

I make filth piss their pants and scream RACISM with raw, candid truths...it’s what I do.

My post was more for Tipsycatlover than you.

Ummm...no that's not a "libertarian thing", anarchy and libertarianism aren't synonymous.

... on the hand "no aggression" IS a "libertarian thing".
Most libertarians take the stance that all drugs should be legal. It is a libertarian thing.

So? Doesn't mean they shouldn't be regulated. I believe that the costs of the black market created by the drug laws themselves cause more damage to society than the effects of the drugs.
I tend to agree and like the idea of freedom first but I think it would be a bad idea if Meth or Heroin were treated like Marijuana or Alcohol. There are huge differences.

I think it could be done with varying degrees of regulation based on substance in question. I mean if you want some PCP you have to take an IQ test, and if you're dumb enough, yeah sure have at it, but if you're caught operating heavy equipment or driving a car while under the influence, that's a different story.
I think there is a radically different amount of risk of someone having faculties enough to understand they cant drive with marijuana and alcohol compared to someone on pcp who is in a different realm and likely can't even recall what laws are.

Done a lot of PCP have ya?</sarcasm>

I brought up PCP because it's not really a recreational drug choice of many. But if it floats your boat, I don't really care unless you start acting illegally and violating the rights of others.

I certainly don't agree with the new front, on prescription pain-relievers. Taking away pain relieving medicine from millions of chronic pain sufferers is what they are doing. It's not right.

Most libertarians take the stance that all drugs should be legal. It is a libertarian thing.

So? Doesn't mean they shouldn't be regulated. I believe that the costs of the black market created by the drug laws themselves cause more damage to society than the effects of the drugs.
I tend to agree and like the idea of freedom first but I think it would be a bad idea if Meth or Heroin were treated like Marijuana or Alcohol. There are huge differences.

I think it could be done with varying degrees of regulation based on substance in question. I mean if you want some PCP you have to take an IQ test, and if you're dumb enough, yeah sure have at it, but if you're caught operating heavy equipment or driving a car while under the influence, that's a different story.
I think there is a radically different amount of risk of someone having faculties enough to understand they cant drive with marijuana and alcohol compared to someone on pcp who is in a different realm and likely can't even recall what laws are.

I brought up PCP because it's not really a recreational drug choice of many. But if it floats your boat, I don't really care unless you start acting illegally and violating the rights of others.

I certainly don't agree with the new front, on prescription pain-relievers. Taking away pain relieving medicine from millions of chronic pain sufferers is what they are doing. It's not right.
The problem is those on pcp have a higher probability to act illegaly.

When states cracked down on opiod prescriptions some turned to heroin unfortunately.

Here is an interesting study on marijuana users

People who smoke weed are richer, more successful and happier, study finds

Debunking myths of low motivation and under-achievement, in California it was found that 20 percent of consumers had graduated with a master’s degree while the figure was 12 percent for those who wouldn’t consider trying cannabis.

In terms of household income, the figure was $93,800 (£73,470) for consumers, significantly higher than the $70,000 (£54811) average for abstainers.

Similar results were found in Colorado with 64 percent of cannabis consumers in full-time jobs, compared to 54 percent of those who would not consider consuming the drug.

The finding that consumers are more likely to be parents also refutes the familiar stereotype of cannabis users being irresponsible. In California, 64 percent of consumers had started a family, while the figure for abstainers stood at 55 percent.

In terms of life satisfaction, nearly five in ten Colorado consumers agreed that they are more satisfied with life today than they were a year ago, compared to about four in ten among those who avoid cannabis.

Healthier habits and social activity also correlated. In Colorado, 36 percent of consumers described themselves as “very social people”, whereas only 28 percent of marijuana avoiders said the same.

Consumers in both Colorado and California also said they enjoyed outdoor recreation at significantly higher rates.

I think it's time to throw away tired stereotypes.

The problem is those on pcp have a higher probability to act illegaly.

When states cracked down on opiod prescriptions some turned to heroin unfortunately.

Funny what pain will make you do. I can sympathize with those who do so because of pain, not just wanting some Dr. Feelgood.

Thanks Wheelie! I wish our country would legalize it. I Love all you weed supporters. :smiliehug:
The support is there, it is going to happen.
About six-in-ten Americans support marijuana legalization
It’s not going to happen with Republicans in control of Congress.

And the right’s opposition to decriminalizing marijuana is yet another example of conservative hypocrisy and authoritarianism.
Schumer's bill eliminates federal enforcement and leaves it up to states. Should be a conservative wet dream.
It should be but it's not.

The authoritarian right wants to compel conformity and increase government control of citizens' private lives.

No Citizen should be thrown into a cage with murderers and rapists, for merely using Marijuana. The Marijuana Prohibition is a sad relic of an archaic barbaric justice system. Time to end it.

Here is an interesting study on marijuana users

People who smoke weed are richer, more successful and happier, study finds

Debunking myths of low motivation and under-achievement, in California it was found that 20 percent of consumers had graduated with a master’s degree while the figure was 12 percent for those who wouldn’t consider trying cannabis.

In terms of household income, the figure was $93,800 (£73,470) for consumers, significantly higher than the $70,000 (£54811) average for abstainers.

Similar results were found in Colorado with 64 percent of cannabis consumers in full-time jobs, compared to 54 percent of those who would not consider consuming the drug.

The finding that consumers are more likely to be parents also refutes the familiar stereotype of cannabis users being irresponsible. In California, 64 percent of consumers had started a family, while the figure for abstainers stood at 55 percent.

In terms of life satisfaction, nearly five in ten Colorado consumers agreed that they are more satisfied with life today than they were a year ago, compared to about four in ten among those who avoid cannabis.

Healthier habits and social activity also correlated. In Colorado, 36 percent of consumers described themselves as “very social people”, whereas only 28 percent of marijuana avoiders said the same.

Consumers in both Colorado and California also said they enjoyed outdoor recreation at significantly higher rates.

I think it's time to throw away tired stereotypes.

That's how pot heads see themselves. Someone else might see this skewed personal opinion as a pipe dream.

We got a 'marijuana party' representative in town , she's about 220lb's , usually can be seen out on her uncut lawn with a joint in one hand ,a twinkie in the other.....

~S~

Thanks Wheelie! I wish our country would legalize it. I Love all you weed supporters. :smiliehug:
It’s not going to happen with Republicans in control of Congress.

And the right’s opposition to decriminalizing marijuana is yet another example of conservative hypocrisy and authoritarianism.

Yes, yes, yes ... conservatives bad, liberals good, mkay?
Pretty much, yeah.

The needless conflicts in the courts over issues such as abortion and immigration are the consequence of conservative bad faith legislation and policy.

Cigarettes and alcohol okay because revenue is what it boils down to.

I do not like the idea of LEGALIZING marijuana only because
I have a son----(adult by a long shot---but he could be influenced
to use that garbage) I would not like the idea of legalizing
prostitution either. Both are clear TAX BONANZAS. I kinda
like the cigarette restrictions. I cannot imagine how anyone
in the USA can be a cigarette smoker -
Great, decriminalize it at the Federal Level , that's something that's WAY past due but ...

What the fuck is this?
"Last the bill creates a Treasury Federal Fund that could be used for projects to reinvest and rebuild low-income communities through the Department of Housing and Urban Development" ...... Just what we DON'T need, yet another spending money we don't have social welfare SLUSH fund.

..and what's up with this "punish states that continue criminalizing weed"? as much as I think drug criminalization is just plain stupid and a violation of individual liberty it goes against republican principles for the Federal Government to punish states for doing what the people in those states want, if the people of a given state want it criminalized then that's up to them to decide, it's this kind of attempt at social engineering sneak bullshit under the radar nonsense that makes this effort worthless.

Just do a straight up bill that removes marijuana as a controlled substance and drop all this other nonsense and personally I would support this bill.

you want to drop ALL CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE rules?
-------sheeeeeesh--------a NITEMARE
The no rules is a libertarian thing.

Ummm...no that's not a "libertarian thing", anarchy and libertarianism aren't synonymous.

... on the hand "no aggression" IS a "libertarian thing".

all true------but the BIG PROBLEM is balancing the pros and cons.
----my sense is that prostitution should be LEGALIZED with some
public health controls--------sorta----maybe

We got a 'marijuana party' representative in town , she's about 220lb's , usually can be seen out on her uncut lawn with a joint in one hand ,a twinkie in the other.....

~S~

as far as I know-------marijuana creates a TASTE for sweets-------
so they say------in some medical journals----probably a
"what da hell" approach to life

Your positive enthusiasm is quite familiar. I've watched it arise from time to time going back the early 1960s only to sink back into the muck of negative persecution put forth by one corrupt beneficiary of the profits available from cartel profits or another. So as much as I'd like to share your enthusiasm for the hope of decriminalization in the New York, New Jersey regions, I've watched enough to know it just isn't going to happen. Schumer will reinforce the affections of his voter base and the beat will go on as it has for three generations now.

A hell of a lot of money is generated by illegal marijuana, a lot of which finds its way into the pockets of those who decide whether or not to end the insanely wrongful persecution of marijuana. You will see exactly who they are by the way they vote for Schumer's proposal, and until the Nays are driven out of Office by a massive, angry protest, this bullshit will go on forever.

Forum List

Back