Haley Approves Huge Salary Increases

As opposed to Haley who actually eliminated four staffer positions completely to offset the cost, so what's the problem? She is still spending less than the previous governor.

That was meant to be taken as tongue-in-cheek. I'm not in the crowd that reflexively believes everyone in government is inherently overpaid and it's refreshing to see that most of you aren't, either.

As opposed to Haley who actually eliminated four staffer positions completely to offset the cost, so what's the problem? She is still spending less than the previous governor.

That was meant to be taken as tongue-in-cheek. I'm not in the crowd that reflexively believes everyone in government is inherently overpaid and it's refreshing to see that most of you aren't, either.

Ah! Gotcha. :cool:

Eh, she spending less in payroll than her predecessor. I don't care how she spreads it around. All that matters is less on the P&L.

If she cuts overall spending in the state while maintaining a smaller and in total less expensive, yet individually higher paid staff, is that really a problem?

She's not setting a good example for the rest of the state if she's willing to cut the salaries and jobs of others while giving her staff (including new positions) pay raises that are huge. It's hard to take someone serious if they're willing to tighten the belt buckles of others while not taking a look down at their own.

I agree. Symbolism is important. You can't be handing out big raises to your staff while asking many, many others to take cuts.

Elitist Tea Party?

Eh, she spending less in payroll than her predecessor. I don't care how she spreads it around. All that matters is less on the P&L.

Well that knowledge was missing originally from the original article. It is certainly a good thing if she is spending less. I have no problem with admitting that.

We'll have to see what happens as the year goes on. I believe it was $1.2 million out of $1.7 million that was put aside for the Governor's office that has already been spent for the year between the employee salaries.

Well that knowledge was missing originally from the original article. It is certainly a good thing if she is spending less. I have no problem with admitting that.

We'll have to see what happens as the year goes on. I believe it was $1.2 million out of $1.7 million that was put aside for the Governor's office that has already been spent for the year between the employee salaries.

can we have a link on her staff salary costs vs her predecessor?

And she will not submit a budget till about April.

I think this story will make her more likely to stay below the 1.7 mark for the year.

So, all in all, a good thing.

follow the link your blog used to the original AP story

Forum List

Back