Haiti donations

Total bullshit.

I would have applauded him.

But, I guess I could use your weak strawman and say that you would be all over Bush the rich bastard, for only giving $15,000 when he has millions.

See how inane and stupid, and dishonest your knee jerk defenses of Obama are?

Would you applaud him if his $1.4 million goes to help African children dying of AIDS?

Or does it have to be Haiti?
I would applaud that donation as well.

Haiti has a helluva AIDS problem too, why does it have to be Africa?

Why Haiti or Africa?

Why not SE Asia?

Would you applaud him if his $1.4 million goes to help African children dying of AIDS?

Or does it have to be Haiti?
I would applaud that donation as well.

Haiti has a helluva AIDS problem too, why does it have to be Africa?

Why Haiti or Africa?

Why not SE Asia?
Look at what Obama himself said. Haiti is an urgent, immediate need. He asked us all to donate whatever we can.

Hopefully, he'll spread Nobel's money around to many good causes.

But I believe it would be a massive gesture to send all 1.4 million to Haiti. After all, he can.

And if he had done that, you would of been slamming him for acting like an arrogant asshole and using this tragedy for PR points. No matter what he does, you'd be unhappy.
Total bullshit.

I would have applauded him.

But, I guess I could use your weak strawman and say that you would be all over Bush the rich bastard, for only giving $15,000 when he has millions.

See how inane and stupid, and dishonest your knee jerk defenses of Obama are?

LOL. Midnight, you are a damned liar. You would immediatly slammed him for showboating. You are far too transparent a partisan for anyone to believe that you would have done otherwise.

Ah, here we go. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't argument.

$15,000 to Haiti? Why not $50,000!

You sent the Nobel Peace Prize money to the Haitians? Why didn't you put it towards American charitable organizations which benefit the military? Is it because you hate our troops?

You all still have sand in your vaginas from the 2008 election. Nothing will ever satisfy people who want to be appalled and angry.

Last edited:
He doesn't have to hold a press conference. He can always "leak" the information to one of his true believers at the NYT. MM has a great point. I think this would be good PR for him.

It's a conspiracy!

You seriously think the guy is going to withhold the $1.4 million so people like you can slam him 24/7 for the next three years on that one thing?
No, stupid.

I just want to know where the money goes, and wonder why not Haiti?

He had a great chance for a massive PR boost by saying that 1.4 million was going to Haiti, when he had Bush and Clinton up there, introducing the clinton/bush/haiti fund.

Where's it going?

Why not to Haiti? That money belongs to the US taxpayer, that's why.

*Disclaimer: I actually have no issue with him donating it to Haiti but it is NOT his money. It is our money - he was awarded the prize because we elected him - he's not supposed to profit from his role as POTUS while he is POTUS.... it is our money. Therefore, he should not give it to anyone but us.

I have over 100+ tarps to donate to Haiti. They are used billboard advertising painted tarps. They are 48' x 14' Tough, Tear Resistant, 20 mil thick, Waterproof, 16 oz per sq. yd, UV Treated, Anti-Mildew, 3-Ply Material. They weigh 77 pounds each. How do I get these to the people in Haiti? 10,000 pounds shipping weight. I am sure this is something they really need.

I have over 100+ tarps to donate to Haiti. They are used billboard advertising painted tarps. They are 48' x 14' Tough, Tear Resistant, 20 mil thick, Waterproof, 16 oz per sq. yd, UV Treated, Anti-Mildew, 3-Ply Material. They weigh 77 pounds each. How do I get these to the people in Haiti? 10,000 pounds shipping weight. I am sure this is something they really need.

Drury Hotels has billboard advertising company in St. Louis, MO called DDI Media. They are sending about 150 of those same used ad painted tarps to Haiti. Call & see if they can ship yours also or ask how & if they got them into Haiti. :eusa_angel:

Last edited:
The Earth shakes, rattles, and rolls and we die in the hundreds of thousands.

We are precarious primates crawling about a blue ball.

The more we save, the more we deserve to crawl here.

It's a conspiracy!

You seriously think the guy is going to withhold the $1.4 million so people like you can slam him 24/7 for the next three years on that one thing?
No, stupid.

I just want to know where the money goes, and wonder why not Haiti?

He had a great chance for a massive PR boost by saying that 1.4 million was going to Haiti, when he had Bush and Clinton up there, introducing the clinton/bush/haiti fund.

Where's it going?

Why not to Haiti? That money belongs to the US taxpayer, that's why.

*Disclaimer: I actually have no issue with him donating it to Haiti but it is NOT his money. It is our money - he was awarded the prize because we elected him - he's not supposed to profit from his role as POTUS while he is POTUS.... it is our money. Therefore, he should not give it to anyone but us.

No. If the money belonged to the US taxpayer it would not be going directly to him and he would not be donating it at all. Why? Because it wouldn't be his to give away. The Nobel awards are individual awards.

That said, I agree no matter what he does with it he's going to be slammed for it. The exact same way Bush would have been, and for the same bullshit reasons, just by different people.

It's his money, he has to give it away and he will or be in violation of the law, but it's up to him where it goes. Personally I'd like to see it spread around, there are so many deserving causes that need a shot in the arm. But it's not my call to make.

Dear President Obama,

I saw where you and the First Lady gave $15,000 to the Clinton/Bush/Haiti fund. I commend you on this.

But I have to ask, why not the $1.4 MILLION Nobel peace prize money you promised to donate to charity? What happened to that money? It should go to Haiti.

Sincerely,

Me.
Because the Haitian people are needy doesn't mean that no one else is.

Is Obama only allowed to donate the prize money in a way that you approve?

Why is this your business

Dear President Obama,

I saw where you and the First Lady gave $15,000 to the Clinton/Bush/Haiti fund. I commend you on this.

But I have to ask, why not the $1.4 MILLION Nobel peace prize money you promised to donate to charity? What happened to that money? It should go to Haiti.

Sincerely,

Me.
Because the Haitian people are needy doesn't mean that no one else is.

Is Obama only allowed to donate the prize money in a way that you approve?

Why is this your business
You should read threads before you comment. All of this has been answered.

Again, It's our business because ALL president's finances are our business, by law.

Press conference on the 19th, Gibbs said the money hasn't been donated anywhere yet, but also not sure if it has even been received. Obama himself and even Gibbs knows it's OUR business what happens with it. Why don't you?

Forum List

Back