Hail to the Redskins! Another leftist manufactured controversy

Should the Redskins change their name due to PC pressure?

• Yes: If one Native American thinks it's offensive, that's enough

• No: There is nothing wrong with the name, no offense is intended, people know that

• Yes: Nothing's wrong with the name, but they will eventually have to, just suck it up and do it now

• No matter how hard I try, I just can't give a shit

Results are only viewable after voting.

kaz

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2010
Kazmania
A great motto in life is never to be offended when no offense is intended. There is obviously no offense intended by the Redskins, and the country knows that, which is why across the spectrum the support for the name is overwhelming.

For those of you who are not Redskin fans or DC area residents, the Washington Post has made it their mission to get the Redskins to change the name. The Post columnists hate the Redskins team and everything about them, ironically. It's a DC thing I guess, I was a long time resident.

Redskins name is not a divisive issue

"A December 2013 survey conducted by Public Policy Polling found that 71 percent of Americans were in favor of the Washington Redskins keeping the name. A July 2014 poll conducted by Research and Polling in New Mexico, in the middle of Indian country, received the same response: Seventy-one percent said the National Football League team should keep the name. Only 18 percent said it should be changed. And according to Research and Polling, there was no statistically significant difference in opinions among Hispanics, Caucasians or Native Americans. Two other national polls had very similar results"

c531618110f20ff44da45a1ea46e-GARFIELD.jpg

"Y i just dont git it, whenever I visits people i jokes around and calls dem dumb stupid whatevers i even pick on der race or skin color or pimply skin, why i just tell em eyes a american and i can say what ever, as eyes free to be dumb and stupid two."

Signed, average white right wing American in favor of racist and ethnic slurs

The racist left wing lunatics who are trying to drive the Redskins non-controversy home are truly despicable. Nowhere in their selective outrage have they ever once made any complaint about the Minnesota Vikings name. I guess white ethnicities don't deserve the same racial sensitivity.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
A great motto in life is never to be offended when no offense is intended. There is obviously no offense intended by the Redskins, and the country knows that, which is why across the spectrum the support for the name is overwhelming.

For those of you who are not Redskin fans or DC area residents, the Washington Post has made it their mission to get the Redskins to change the name. The Post columnists hate the Redskins team and everything about them, ironically. It's a DC thing I guess, I was a long time resident.

"A December 2013 survey conducted by Public Policy Polling found that 71 percent of Americans were in favor of the Washington Redskins keeping the name. A July 2014 poll conducted by Research and Polling in New Mexico, in the middle of Indian country, received the same response: Seventy-one percent said the National Football League team should keep the name. Only 18 percent said it should be changed. And according to Research and Polling, there was no statistically significant difference in opinions among Hispanics, Caucasians or Native Americans. Two other national polls had very similar results"

As I understand the origin of the name, it was chosen to honor some coach who was a Native way back. If other natives are upset toughshit, fuck off.

As I understand the origin of the name, it was chosen to honor some coach who was a Native way back. If other natives are upset toughshit, fuck off.

Didn't actually read the post, did you Sparky? Most Indians are ... wait for it ... not upset

Didn't actually read the post, did you Sparky? Most Indians are ... wait for it ... not upset

No I didn't. Answered the poll question more thoroughly. It's a non-issue and not inclined to waste more time on this one than I already have. It's a media manufactured issue only in keeping with their PC efforts. Native community has actual issues going on and this isn't one of them.

Forum List

Back