Government registration/regulation of drones versus guns: What's the diff?

There is no constitutional right to UAVs. But you knew that.

So why are they allowed.

Because legislation is lacking.

Do you not think we could have guns without the 2nd Amendment?

Perhaps, but the 2nd prohibits the federal government from infringing upon the right. No legislation can legally alter that prohibition.

Not true. The 2nd Amendment means whatever Congress and the Supreme Court say it means. The 2nd is not absolute.

There is no constitutional right to UAVs. But you knew that.

So why are they allowed.

Because legislation is lacking.

Do you not think we could have guns without the 2nd Amendment?

Perhaps, but the 2nd prohibits the federal government from infringing upon the right. No legislation can legally alter that prohibition.

Not true. The 2nd Amendment means whatever Congress and the Supreme Court say it means. The 2nd is not absolute.

Nope. It says what it says. It is absolutely absolute.

You post clearly indicates your twisted POV. SCOTUS once found the Dred Scott case constitutional. Did you agree?

Illinois requires a FOID card of gun owners in this state. Check out the application...

Is this actually registering a specific firearm? No.

But it is divulging a hell of a lot of information about yourself.

Here's a 35 page PDF slideshow of the application process for concealed carry in Illinois...

https://www.isp.state.il.us/appriss/ccw/CCWApplicationProcess.pdf

Now remind me exactly what in the fuck more Liberals are asking for ? :dunno:

If government is going to heavily regulate domestic Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) or drones by requiring registration and permits - why shouldn't the same be done with guns? After all, guns can easily be mounted on drones.

The Coming Domestic Drone Wars

What do you think?
I think leftist anti-Constitutional stances should be cause for arrest, if the person tries passing a law that goes against our freedoms.

and we already have unconstitutional laws that force Americans to give up their privacy to own a weapon.

The FAA heavily regulates aircraft due to the extraordinary disasters that can occur as a result of midair collisions. Drones are aircraft that any asshole currently can fly just about anywhere. My son and I have a DSI Phantom and it goes VERY high and can be flown at great distances from the operator. While I am not too hip on government regulation, it is not hard to see how these things can be used for mischief. Moreover, I do not want to die in a firey plane crash because some jackoff decides to have his (I say "his" and not "hers" because this is the kind of stupid shit only a guy does) drone play chicken with a plane on which I am a passenger while said plane is attempting to land or take off.

I see no analogy with firearms and the second amendment. While I think the second amendment ought to give us unfettered access to all small arms, including automatic weapons, armed drones in the hands of regular citizens seems a little out there. Yes, it is happening and I don't necessarily think it should be outlawed. However, if you fly one close to me and start popping off shots close to me then don't be surprised if I return fire and take it down.

The FAA heavily regulates aircraft due to the extraordinary disasters that can occur as a result of midair collisions. Drones are aircraft that any asshole currently can fly just about anywhere. My son and I have a DSI Phantom and it goes VERY high and can be flown at great distances from the operator. While I am not too hip on government regulation, it is not hard to see how these things can be used for mischief. Moreover, I do not want to die in a firey plane crash because some jackoff decides to have his (I say "his" and not "hers" because this is the kind of stupid shit only a guy does) drone play chicken with a plane on which I am a passenger while said plane is attempting to land or take off.

I see no analogy with firearms and the second amendment. While I think the second amendment ought to give us unfettered access to all small arms, including automatic weapons, armed drones in the hands of regular citizens seems a little out there. Yes, it is happening and I don't necessarily think it should be outlawed. However, if you fly one close to me and start popping off shots close to me then don't be surprised if I return fire and take it down.

And.....just like guns...if a terrorist wants a drone...no law will stop them....

And.....just like guns...if a terrorist wants a drone...no law will stop them....

There is technology being worked on that will create an electronic fence around certain areas. You program it into the FAA database and no drone can fly into the area, it simply won't comply with a command that sends it into the area.

There is technology being worked on that will create an electronic fence around certain areas. You program it into the FAA database and no drone can fly into the area, it simply won't comply with a command that sends it into the area.

Until the criminals/terrorists get around that.....

Just like our government protected the personel records of our CIA operatives from foriegn hackers?:biggrin:

Forum List

Back