Had enough

oldtimer

Rookie
Nov 19, 2010
Hello All
Just a regular normal retired guy from the U.S.A.. A lifelong democrat till this administration. Now I am switching to republican as at least they might help balance the budget. You cannot just keep spending and spending. Eventually you will run out of money.
If any of you ran your household like this congress has you would,d soon lose everything.
oldtimer

Hello All
Just a regular normal retired guy from the U.S.A.. A lifelong democrat till this administration. Now I am switching to republican as at least they might help balance the budget. You cannot just keep spending and spending. Eventually you will run out of money.
If any of you ran your household like this congress has you would,d soon lose everything.
oldtimer

a "lifelong democrat" who doesn't know that you can't cut taxes for rich people and balance a budget??

Hello All
oldtimer

a "lifelong democrat" who doesn't know that you can't cut taxes for rich people and balance a budget??

You can't Balance the Budget by Increasing Spending while Tax Revs are down in a Recession...

You Know this, Jill...

:)

peace...

First of all, thank you for your service and welcome to USMB. It gets a little lively around here sometimes but I'm sure you're up to the challenge.

Unfortunately, there are some houses that are run on a spend, spend basis. The cure for it is called irresponsible bankruptcy ... for which all the rest of us eventually pay.

Have a great day.

First of all, thank you for your service and welcome to USMB. It gets a little lively around here sometimes but I'm sure you're up to the challenge.

Unfortunately, there are some houses that are run on a spend, spend basis. The cure for it is called irresponsible bankruptcy ... for which all the rest of us eventually pay.

Have a great day.

Granny and Oldtimer sittin in a tree... ;)

:)

peace...

Hello All
oldtimer

Welcome OldTimer, You are a breath of fresh Air. I hope you hang around. :)

Hello All
oldtimer

It's the SPENDING Jillian. Not the revenue.

Welcome aboard!

And it's good to finally see the proper light.

Hello All
oldtimer

To balance a budget, you need income.

What are you going to cut? The military? Or everything that actually benefits people? Sorry, I'm not a starve government until you can drown it In a bathtub extremist.

Hello All
oldtimer

the last time republicans "cut" taxes (bush) the average person got a $350 tax break!

wow!

$350!...time to buy the yacht!

that was just before the invasion and the fuel crises that caused fuel to double in cost

so that $350 was used for 1 tank of fuel for the house....
which lasted about 10 days....

and we've been overpaying for fuel ever since (while every year since the major fuel corps announce "highest profits ever!)

every time I hear con/repubs talk about tax breaks i grab hold of my wallet

welcome aboard old timer.
Now you will be one of those who believe they have had enough but can't come up with anyplace to tell people how. The problem right now isn't spending it's people aren't at work moving the economy forward.
What we have now is the finish of what was started under the very same people you think somehow is going to do what they didn't do for the last 8 years they were in charge.
Obama is supposed to do what ,when a group of people who have done nothing to stop this but used anything they could to make sure America wouldn't heal.
I'll welcome your points on what can be done.

Remember that when someone is cutting cost it usually means someone else will have to pick up that cost when it comes to what people use and need.

maybe we could give billions to the rich since 700 billion didn't do any good the last 10 years, but you might want to understand that it adds to the spending shortfall.

Last edited:

To balance a budget, you need income.

What are you going to cut? The military? Or everything that actually benefits people? Sorry, I'm not a starve government until you can drown it In a bathtub extremist.
Did you see the guidelines of the debt commission? For some odd reason, the administration's experts called for more drastic tax cuts, and for far less spending.

Worth a study, don'tcha think?

You appear stuck in the class warfare bit, probably long for the old 90% bracket for the "rich."

Taxation isn't a tool for punishing success, or redistributing earnings, or any kind of social engineering tool. It's a tool to raise revenue.

"Starve government." That's a laugh and a half.:lol:

the last time republicans "cut" taxes (bush) the average person got a $350 tax break!
Incorrect. That was from a "stimulus" bill before the current administration. It was IN ADDITION to the income tax rates established in 2003.

Look at the current tax brackets by clicking HERE and learn a little. If these "tax cuts for the rich" aren't extended, the average earner will be paying $850 MORE annually in taxes, starting Jan.1 2011. Annually.

After Reagan, Bush I and Bush II why would anyone think that the republicans will cut spending?
I dunno, might have something to do with the GOP Congress Billy Clinton had, making it the law of the land to require a balanced budget, installing a paygo with teeth, and giving Billy line-item veto power. This is how Billy got his "surplus."

This failed Congress that is leaving in January, had the power to install a paygo that would work, and to bring back a version of Gramm-Rudmann that would pass SCOTUS muster. No effort to do either was made at all.

Forum List

Back