H1N1 Outbreak Could Create Hospital Bed Shortage

There is no such thing as H1N1 or even viruses. It's all a government conspiracy to inject your body full of mind controlling toxins in order to make you vote Democrat and turn everyone into a bisexual.

Everyone should avoid western medicine and chew on rhubarb. That alone will keep you healthy and, in actuality, confer immortality on you. It's a little known secret that our ancestors discovered 6000 years ago when the world was created. I read all about it in Dr. Kevin Trudeau M.D., D.O., Ph.D., MBA, J.D., M.A., B.A., B.S., B.S.M,'s book "Hidden Herbal Secrets That the Borg Overmind Doesn't Want You To Know About".

All health care providers are really government propaganda agents and to be viewed with suspicion.

As soon as we prove that Obama is a Kenyan, we will deport him and the entire medical establishment to Bora Bora.

Rhubarb :rofl:

*hugs* my friend!

That was for you, my friend.

When I saw H1N1 knock my friend on her ass for a solid week, I became a believer.

This nurse I work with has it bad. And she has small kids, so I worry about them all. She's been out of work over 3 weeks now; I'm pretty sure it's a secondary bacterial infection by this point. She can't even talk :(

When the hospital ID doc starting sending out emails on the flu, I sent one to him and the infection control nurse and told her the hospital better get ahead of this and instruct the managers to lay off berating staff for being out sick. Although the "official" stance is they don't want you to come to work if you're ill, in reality you're questioned and bullied and made to feel guilty if you call in---in addition to a ridiculous absence policy that would put most people's jobs in jeopardy if they were to come down with this and be out for the expected 7-10 days (or longer). I pointed out to her that the bullying / guilt-trip attitudes and making people feel their jobs were at risk would guarantee staff would work sick.

I'm happy to say that the next newsletter announced a new policy that staff would be granted 7 days off without it counting as an absence and any further time off (for staff or for them to care for family members) would be approved for FMLA.

No one knows I was behind this; my manager would have a fit if she knew. She's already been raked across the coals for making the person I mentioned above come in while still sick. The IC nurse was making rounds and saw her. Sent her home immediately and tore the manager a new one.

At our hospital, if you have a fever of 100 and cough or sore throat, you are automatically out for 7 days or 24 hours after your last fever, whichever is longer. Plus you have to be cleared by employee health.

7 days minimum? Sweet!
:lol:

That's a heck of a way to get a vacation, though.

my son's room mate has it, he is 22 years old. Symptom's: Felt sick, threw up twice, now feeling better after the 2nd day. ER confirmed H1N1 lol

1.) He's not out of the woods yet.

2.) H1N1 doesn't automatically equate to the "swine flu" it could be a regular strain of Flu A.
He stated the Doctor said he had just 24 more hours to go to not infect anyone and he didn't say Flu A he said H1N1.

Really a lot of hype for a normal flu season.

my son's room mate has it, he is 22 years old. Symptom's: Felt sick, threw up twice, now feeling better after the 2nd day. ER confirmed H1N1 lol

2.) H1N1 doesn't automatically equate to the "swine flu" it could be a regular strain of Flu A.
He stated the Doctor said he had just 24 more hours to go to not infect anyone and he didn't say Flu A he said H1N1.

H1N1 is Flu A.

BTW, did they put him on Tamiflu?

And a negative flu swab doesn't rule out H1N1 either.

Yeah, I don't think the rapid flu test has a great specificity/sensitivity.

(I always mix those two up. SPIN, SNOUT, whatever.)

Rhubarb :rofl:

*hugs* my friend!

That was for you, my friend.

When I saw H1N1 knock my friend on her ass for a solid week, I became a believer.

This nurse I work with has it bad. And she has small kids, so I worry about them all. She's been out of work over 3 weeks now; I'm pretty sure it's a secondary bacterial infection by this point. She can't even talk :(
:(

Damn, that sad.

Sorry to hear that Emm.

H1N1 is Flu A.

I don't know, they gave him some meds. He feels fine, spoke to him on the phone yesterday. No sore throat, no sinus problems, his stomach just was weak and he threw up twice. Now he feels 100% he said.

Last flu season my husband had both A and B strains at the same time. I never got sick, but he was really sick. He got the flu shot and I didn't.

Edit to correct: Not last season the season before.

Last edited:
Swine Flu Could Create Hospital Bed Shortage - US News and World Report

There could be a shortage of hospital beds in 15 states if 35 percent of Americans get sick from the H1N1 (swine) flu virus, and 12 other states could reach or exceed 75 percent of their hospital bed capacity, a study released Thursday shows.

-------

The 15 states that could be at capacity or exceed hospital bed capacity are: Arizona (117 percent); California (125 percent); Connecticut (148 percent); Delaware (203 percent); Hawaii (143 percent); Maryland (143 percent); Massachusetts (110 percent); Nevada (137 percent); New Jersey (101 percent); New York (108 percent); Oregon (107 percent); Rhode Island (143 percent); Vermont (108 percent); Virginia (100 percent); and Washington (107 percent).

I see we're in there.

This is going to be a bad season. We're already beginning to have nursing staff out sick with this (one has been off for over 3 weeks now). Not only are beds going to be tight, but staffing to care for them is going to be reduced as well.

There is no such thing as H1N1 or even viruses. It's all a government conspiracy to inject your body full of mind controlling toxins in order to make you vote Democrat and turn everyone into a bisexual.

Everyone should avoid western medicine and chew on rhubarb. That alone will keep you healthy and, in actuality, confer immortality on you. It's a little known secret that our ancestors discovered 6000 years ago when the world was created. I read all about it in Dr. Kevin Trudeau M.D., D.O., Ph.D., MBA, J.D., M.A., B.A., B.S., B.S.M,'s book "Hidden Herbal Secrets That the Borg Overmind Doesn't Want You To Know About".

All health care providers are really government propaganda agents and to be viewed with suspicion.

As soon as we prove that Obama is a Kenyan, we will deport him and the entire medical establishment to Bora Bora.
you've been reading Terral's threads

H1N1 is Flu A.

I don't know, they gave him some meds. He feels fine, spoke to him on the phone yesterday. No sore throat, no sinus problems, his stomach just was weak and he threw up twice. Now he feels 100% he said.

He's lucky that they put him on tamiflu. That likely is what shortened the course and severity.

Swine Flu Could Create Hospital Bed Shortage - US News and World Report

I see we're in there.

This is going to be a bad season. We're already beginning to have nursing staff out sick with this (one has been off for over 3 weeks now). Not only are beds going to be tight, but staffing to care for them is going to be reduced as well.

I was channeling several of the nuttier posters on here for that.

I was channeling several of the nuttier posters on here for that.
but thats all terral too
i'm serious, if there is a nutter conspiracy, HE believes it

I don't have the page open, so I might be a bit off... but it's something like upwards of 60% false negative.

I don't have the page open, so I might be a bit off... but it's something like upwards of 60% false negative.

I believe that's a low sensitivity. Specificity yields false positives.

At anyrate, if that's correct, over half of the people who are "negative" have the virus. Thus, the test is really only good to determine a positive test.

At anyrate, if that's correct, over half of the people who are "negative" have the virus. Thus, the test is really only good to determine a positive test.

My doc said he's not even testing. If you have the flu, the treatment is the same regardless. #1 being quarantine. He's just being especially careful of those at high risk for complications with this particular strain.

I pulled up the email.

The Rapid Influenza tests are positive in only 40-69% of the cases of proven H1N1. Thus, it is not a sensitive test and means that a negative Rapid Influenza Test DOES NOT rule out H1N1.
I had it backward (I knew there was a 60-something in there somewhere). Sorry =\

My doc said he's not even testing. If you have the flu, the treatment is the same regardless. #1 being quarantine. He's just being especially careful of those at high risk for complications with this particular strain.

I don't think the CDC is even typing swine flue anymore. The assumption is that you have/had flu out of the flu season and it's flu A, to treat it like swine flu.

Makes sense. At least some people will have some immunity.

You know what though? I hope all the naysayers on here are right. I hope this is a false alarm.

That doesn't change the fact that infectious diseases will always plaque us, that the worst case scenario can, in fact, happen, and that the WHO and CDC were 100% right to take this seriously.

Forum List

Back