GWB agrees with DevNell. Praises SWIFT HaitiQuake Response

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Just saw former Presidents George W. Bush and William Jefferson Clinton, along with President Barack Hussein Obama, on the news.

Bush used the exact phrase DevNell did ''Swift Response'' to describe President Obama's handling of the Haiti earthquake situation.

DevNell, on behalf of himself and the rest of the USM community, accepts the apology owed from the right wingnut community @ USMB..

DevNell, initiated a thread saying the response of President Obama was swift. The right wingnuts attacked both the idea and anyone who agreed with it.

The thread compared the Katrina response with the HaitiQuake response. The Katrina response was called a 'national disgrace' by most all of America.

Apology accepted.

yours truly, and in the spirit of forgiveness
DevNell

Last edited:
Just saw former Presidents George W. Bush and William Jefferson Clinton, along with President Barak Hussein Obama, on the news.

Bush used the exact phrase DevNell did ''Swift Response'' to describe President Obama's handling of the Haiti earthquake situation.

DevNell, on behalf of himself and the rest of the USM community, accepts the apology owed from the right wingnut community @ USMB..

DevNell, initiated a thread saying the response of President Obama was swift. The right wingnuts attacked both the idea and anyone who agreed with it.

The thread compared the Katrina response with the HaitiQuake response. The Katrina response was called a 'national disgrace' by most all of America.

Apology accepted.

DevNell

Just out of curiosity just exactly what is the composition of the drug cocktail that you have been indulging yourself with? 'cause personally I could use some, after all communicating in coherent English is in fact overrated. :D

wow, now the left is going to sing the praise of President Bush..will the wonders never cease..

1. Just as we are not the policemen ofthe world, so too we are not the Emergency Responders for the world. Nevertheless, I'm glad the U.S. Government is responding in our name. I am also glad that the American people are responding on their own without awaiting the actions of Uncle Sam.

2. I don't actually fault how quickly (or slowly) the Obama Administration has responded and is responding. I'm just gonna suggest (and I'm not the first to believe this or say it): if President Bush were the one in Office at this time, and if the response took EXACTLY as long -- measure for measure -- as the Obama Adminsitration response, a majority of the American liberals and most of the Main Stream Liberal Media would be pontificating all about how racist the GOP is and how slow the response has been and how utterly inadequate it is.

But I will not treat President Obama to that kind of rhetoric on this issue. So far, I concur with his judgment and actions in response to the disaster in Haiti. I give him props for those things.

Just saw former Presidents George W. Bush and William Jefferson Clinton, along with President Barak Hussein Obama, on the news.

Apology accepted.

DevNell

Just out of curiosity just exactly what is the composition of the drug cocktail that you have been indulging yourself with? 'cause personally I could use some, after all communicating in coherent English is in fact overrated. :D
The composition is two parts reason, two parts reality, three parts anti right wing douchebagh powder

Apology accepted.

DevNell

The composition is two parts reason, two parts reality, three parts anti right wing douchebagh powder

Translation: DullNev has been fucked up on alcohol, pot and 'ludes for a long time and has not the fucking foggiest damn notion how to employ reason or grasp reality. :razz:

three parts anti right wing douchebagh powder

ROFLMAO! maybe you should replace some of that with a dose of common sense and a few less cups of partisan cognitive dissonance, trust me that "reality" you lay claim to will come into much sharper focus if you do, not to mention other people will actually be able to understand whatever it is you're trying to communicate.

:salute:

wow, now the left is going to sing the praise of President Bush..will the wonders never cease..

I do not represent the Left, but I do represent reason and rationality.

I compared Obama's response to HaitiQuake with Bush's response to Katrina.

I quoted FOX NEWS Reporters and right winger Joe Scarborough, saying the response to Katrina was a 'national disgracel Nobody disagreed there.

I called Obama's response to HaitiQuake, SWIFT. Most crazy wingnuts took exception to that.

Now Bush himself used the term 'swift response' in describing Obama and HaitiQuake.

sucks to be you

Could have fooled me, Personally I thought you were posting an advertisement extolling the virtues of LSD.

And all this time you were actually trying to make sense, who knew? :eek:

2. I don't actually fault how quickly (or slowly) the Obama Administration has responded and is responding. I'm just gonna suggest (and I'm not the first to believe this or say it): if President Bush were the one in Office at this time, and if the response took EXACTLY as long -- measure for measure -- as the Obama Adminsitration response, a majority of the American liberals and most of the Main Stream Liberal Media would be pontificating all about how racist the GOP is and how slow the response has been and how utterly inadequate it is.

But I will not treat President Obama to that kind of rhetoric on this issue. So far, I concur with his judgment and actions in response to the disaster in Haiti. I give him props for those things.
What did you say about the Obama response in the other thread?

hmmmmmmmmmmm...

The Bush response to Katrina, from a self professed 'compassionate conservative', was by MOST accounts, a National Disgrace.

The Right Wingnut Community here @ USMB had criticized Obama's response and critiicized as premature &t best, the statement: 'Obama response was swift.'

Your BS new stance is NOT lost on those of us who have followed what you had to say previously.

I quoted FOX NEWS Reporters and right winger Joe Scarborough, saying the response to Katrina was a 'national disgracel Nobody disagreed there.

I called Obama's response to HaitiQuake, SWIFT. Most crazy wingnuts took exception to that.

Now Bush himself used the term 'swift response' in describing Obama and HaitiQuake.

sucks to be you

Ah but as usual you lefties like to leave out about Katrina to blame President Bush with...Louisiana has their own GOVERNMENT which at the time was run by DEMOCRATS..so to people with a brain know, it was the Louisiana governments fault for what went wrong in Katrina first and President Bush and OUR MILITARY rode in to save the day..but you all just go right ahead and make up your own shit, you will anyway.
And Obama is no more a savior in Haiti then President Bush was in the Christmas day tsunami..Sorry to bust your little Obamabot bubble..

Could have fooled me, Personally I thought you were posting an advertisement extolling the virtues of LSD.

And all this time you were actually trying to make sense, who knew? :eek:

yaaaaaaaaaaawn...

are you this boring in real life?

Bush used the exact phrase The DevNell did when he and others who supported his view, were attacked: ''SWIFT RESPONSE''

sucks to be you

The US and the world as a whole is doing the right thing with Haiti. When your house is burning, the fire trucks never get there fast enough. The response of emergency support has been inspiring. We should all be proud of it.

Last edited:

sucks to be you

Ah but as usual you lefties like to leave out about Katrina to blame President Bush with...Louisiana has their own GOVERNMENT which at the time was run by DEMOCRATS..so to people with a brain know, it was the Louisiana governments fault for what went wrong in Katrina first and President Bush and OUR MILITARY rode in to save the day..but you all just go right ahead and make up your own shit, you will anyway.
And Obama is no more a savior in Haiti then President Bush was in the Christmas day tsunami..Sorry to bust your little Obamabot bubble..

Did they ride in on Arabian horses supplied by Brownie??

Do you realize Haiti is a foreign country?

sucks to be you

Do you realize Haiti is a foreign country?

no really?

Last edited:
1. Just as we are not the policemen ofthe world, so too we are not the Emergency Responders for the world. Nevertheless, I'm glad the U.S. Government is responding in our name. I am also glad that the American people are responding on their own without awaiting the actions of Uncle Sam.

George Bush was praised for his handling of Tsunami relief. He used both Bill Clinton and his father as US representatives ensuring bipartisan support. I did not see him attacked for his response.

Rightfully so, his weak response to Katrina was attacked

The US and the world as a whole is doing the right thing with Haiti. When your house is burning, the fire trucks never get there fast enough. The response of emergency support has been inspiring. We should all be proud of it.

I can't believe George W. Bush came out and agreed with us so publicly. It must really, really suck to be a compassionate conservative today.

W., says Obama response to HaitiQuake was 'swift'

good gawd almighty!
:lol:

I can't believe George W. Bush came out and agreed with us so publicly. It must really, really suck to be a compassionate conservative today.

W., says Obama response to HaitiQuake was 'swift'

good gawd almighty!
:lol:

Unfortunately, I doubt if Mr Cheney would say the same thing

Just saw former Presidents George W. Bush and William Jefferson Clinton, along with President Barack Hussein Obama, on the news.

Apology accepted.

DevNell

You know you just posted the difference in the character of a good man-who gives praise when praise is deserved to your hero--a continual "WHINER"-- whom is constantly pointing fingers at others for the list of all his broken promises. That would be Barack Obama.

You also posted another thread that stated that Fox News was blasting BO over his response to this earthquake but never once posted a link when asked. Because it didn't happen.

The "only" difference--& one that should be duly noted. When you have been warned over several days that a cat 5 hurricane is going to hit you between the eyes--you probably should leave on the mandatory evacuation order you got. If not-& if you survive---do not expect the federal government to show up with a peanut butter sandwich the next morning.

Verus Haiti--who had no warning what-so-ever--of this incoming disaster.

Forum List

Back