GWB agrees with DevNell. Praises SWIFT HaitiQuake Response

The US and the world as a whole is doing the right thing with Haiti. When your house is burning, the fire trucks never get there fast enough. The response of emergency support has been inspiring. We should all be proud of it.

I can't believe George W. Bush came out and agreed with us so publicly. It must really, really suck to be a compassionate conservative today.

W., says Obama response to HaitiQuake was 'swift'

good gawd almighty!
:lol:

Unfortunately, I doubt if Mr Cheney would say the same thing
I agree.

Mister Cheney is the one most like the hateful dipshits here.

1. Just as we are not the policemen ofthe world, so too we are not the Emergency Responders for the world. Nevertheless, I'm glad the U.S. Government is responding in our name. I am also glad that the American people are responding on their own without awaiting the actions of Uncle Sam.

2. I don't actually fault how quickly (or slowly) the Obama Administration has responded and is responding. I'm just gonna suggest (and I'm not the first to believe this or say it): if President Bush were the one in Office at this time, and if the response took EXACTLY as long -- measure for measure -- as the Obama Adminsitration response, a majority of the American liberals and most of the Main Stream Liberal Media would be pontificating all about how racist the GOP is and how slow the response has been and how utterly inadequate it is.
But I will not treat President Obama to that kind of rhetoric on this issue. So far, I concur with his judgment and actions in response to the disaster in Haiti. I give him props for those things.

George Bush was praised for his handling of Tsunami relief. He used both Bill Clinton and his father as US representatives ensuring bipartisan support. I did not see him attacked for his response.

Rightfully so, his weak response to Katrina was attacked

Nonsense and beside the point. The problem with the Katrina response was that everybody looked to the Federal Government as the only possible solution to amazingly difficult logistical problems. Had the asshole Governor of Lousyanna and the fucktardedly stupid Mayor of N.O. done THEIR fucking jobs even a little bit more intelligently and proactively, the horrors we saw after Katrina did its damage would not have been nearly so bad and the Federal Government's response would not have been so needed or so hard to provide.

The rabid politicized attacks on President Bush after Katrina were disgraceful If not totally baseless, at least tremendously overstated, irrational and unfair.

If President Bush were in office nowadays and had done and continued to do the very same things as President Obama in the exact same time frame, he would be unmercifully attacked for it.

1. Just as we are not the policemen ofthe world, so too we are not the Emergency Responders for the world. Nevertheless, I'm glad the U.S. Government is responding in our name. I am also glad that the American people are responding on their own without awaiting the actions of Uncle Sam.

2. I don't actually fault how quickly (or slowly) the Obama Administration has responded and is responding. I'm just gonna suggest (and I'm not the first to believe this or say it): if President Bush were the one in Office at this time, and if the response took EXACTLY as long -- measure for measure -- as the Obama Adminsitration response, a majority of the American liberals and most of the Main Stream Liberal Media would be pontificating all about how racist the GOP is and how slow the response has been and how utterly inadequate it is.
But I will not treat President Obama to that kind of rhetoric on this issue. So far, I concur with his judgment and actions in response to the disaster in Haiti. I give him props for those things.

George Bush was praised for his handling of Tsunami relief. He used both Bill Clinton and his father as US representatives ensuring bipartisan support. I did not see him attacked for his response.

Nonsense and beside the point. The problem with the Katrina response was that everybody looked to the Federal Government as ...
Folks, we have a B-I-N-G-O!

wrong!!!!!

The problem raised was the Federal government's response. The federal government's response during Katrina was a 'national disgrace' according most everyone with a brain.

The federal government's response to HaitiQuake was 'swift'...don't just take my word for it, ask the man who was in charge of the federal response during Katrina. :lol:

What did you say about the Obama response in the other thread?

You tell me you fucking dishonest moron. Go ahead and COMPLETE the process of proving that you are a douchebag and a liar. Tell us all whatever the fuck it is you seem to imagine I had supposedly previously said about the Obama response to the Haiti disaster, you lying fucktard.

In fact, quote me with link.

But you won't, you dishonest pussy piece of lying shit. So when you slink off, feel obligated to go fuck off too you cowardly lying sack of shit.

Nonsense and beside the point. The problem with the Katrina response was that everybody looked to the Federal Government as the only possible solution to amazingly difficult logistical problems. Had the asshole Governor of Lousyanna and the fucktardedly stupid Mayor of N.O. done THEIR fucking jobs even a little bit more intelligently and proactively, the horrors we saw after Katrina did its damage would not have been nearly so bad and the Federal Government's response would not have been so needed or so hard to provide.

The rabid politicized attacks on President Bush after Katrina were disgraceful If not totally baseless, at least tremendously overstated, irrational and unfair.

If President Bush were in office nowadays and had done and continued to do the very same things as President Obama in the exact same time frame, he would be unmercifully attacked for it.

We looked for two things during Katrina:

1. Leadership- In times of crisis, Americans want their president to stand up, acknowledge the problem, say "I am in charge and I will take care of this" During 9-11, Rudy Guiliani was the public face. Bush disappeared and made a weak speech 12 hours after the attacks. During Katrina, Bush was on vacation, made a political trip to San Diego and did an embarassing flyover two days later. Americans were watching the carnage on TV every day and asking "We are the richest nation on earth...why can't we help these people?"

2. Action- Americans did not care who did it. We saw people suffering. We saw the news people swarming to the site and reporting where people were and what was needed. When asked on TV, Brownie did not even know there were people at the convention center. We went to bed at night watching people without food or water, we got up the next morning and still saw people without food or water or medical help. This went on for three days. Americans did not care if the City, State or Federal Government helped these people. We wanted them helped.

Nonsense and beside the point. The problem with the Katrina response was that everybody looked to the Federal Government as ...
Folks, we have a B-I-N-G-O!

wrong!!!!!

The problem raised was the Federal government's response. The federal government's response during Katrina was a 'national disgrace' according most everyone with a brain.

The federal government's response to HaitiQuake was 'swift'...don't just take my word for it, ask the man who was in charge of the federal response during Katrina. :lol:

Bullshit.

You saying something and it being true are two almost always very different things.

The actual main PROBLEM was not the Federal response.

The MAJOR problems were the NATURAL disaster itself;
the major hurdles it created in GETTING relief to the stricken area;
the hideous PRIOR performance of the STATE government;
the hideous PRIOR performance of the Local governments (particualrly that asshole Mayor); and
to a very much lesser extent, the fairly poor performance of the Federal Governmen, even despite those handicaps.

You can't admit it. That's fine. Nobody expects honesty from a degenerate liar like you.

But your inability to be honest doesn't change the truth of those factors.

You tell me you fucking dishonest moron. Go ahead and COMPLETE the process of proving that you are a douchebag and a liar. Tell us all whatever the fuck it is you seem to imagine I had supposedly previously said about the Obama response to the Haiti disaster, you lying fucktard.

But you won't, you dishonest pussy piece of lying shit. So when you slink off, feel obligated to go fuck off too you cowardly lying sack of shit.

So you agreed the Obama response was swift?

You tell me you fucking dishonest moron. Go ahead and COMPLETE the process of proving that you are a douchebag and a liar.

:eusa_shhh: Calm down man it'll be okay. :eusa_shhh:

Out with the bad energy........ In with the good energy..... There ya go :eusa_shhh:

So you agreed the Obama response was swift?

Don't dodge it you cowardly fucktard pussy liar.

You said I had said something different earlier in the other thread. Whatever the fuck you imagine you were talking about should be pretty easy to link to.

I have said I give will NOT criticize President Obama's response. I explicitly gave him PROPS, in fact.

IF you believe I have somehow contradicted myself -- as you suggested -- then you SHOULD be able to easily back that up.

But you won't.

You can't.

You tell me you fucking dishonest moron. Go ahead and COMPLETE the process of proving that you are a douchebag and a liar.

Out with the bad energy........ In with the good energy..... There ya go :eusa_shhh:

Fuck off. I am calm.

I called him a pussy liar. What's that to you? You his girlfriend or something?

He can't back up what he said and he lacks even a hint of sufficient integrity to admit that he was either lying or mistaken.

Fuck off. I am calm.

He can't back up what he said and he lacks even a hint of sufficient integrity to admit that he was either lying or mistaken.

No not his girlfriend or anything, just admiring your ability at name calling and thought you were gonna fall over from a heart attack if you didn't calm down. I'd hate to see you if your waitress spilled your coffee or something.

I think he likes seeing you make an ass outta yourself by not doing as you ask... but that's just me.

Fuck off. I am calm.

No not his girlfriend or anything, just admiring your ability at name calling and thought you were gonna fall over from a heart attack if you didn't calm down. I'd hate to see you if your waitress spilled your coffee or something.

I think he likes seeing you make an ass outta yourself by not doing as you ask... but that's just me.

He's gonna be okay. He just needs a time out, and a readjusting of his meds.

I know him from the McLean Hospital .. his generous spirit and pocket book has allowed us (when I worked there) to have a dedicated wing for treatment of people suffering from internet message board psychosis.

We used to call it the Wingnut ward, but the PC admin got wind of it and it's now called the Personal Liability Wing

Last edited:

Fuck off. I am calm.

Wrong, fucktard. He is a liar. I called him on his lie and you jumped to his defense.

Go suck his nuts for him.

But no matter how much you give him such favors, the fact remains: he's a liar and your are jumping to his aid.

Fuck off. I am calm.

Wrong, fucktard. He is a liar. I called him on his lie and you jumped to his defense.

But no matter how much you give him such favors, the fact remains: he's a liar and your are jumping to his aid.

Trying to see where I jumped to his aid but cannot see it. Okay man, Dev explained your hospital situation so now I understand.

Trying to see where I jumped to his aid but cannot see it. Okay man, Dev explained your hospital situation so now I understand.

Dev has AIDS? What?

The man is not really out of his mind, since to be out of one's mind, one has to have a mind to begin with.

Dev has AIDS? What?

Dev has just died of aids. Leave him alone. Let him rest in peace.
:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back