"Guy Who Can't Win" Tied Atop Latest Iowa Poll

ron paul will never be president.

This poll does not agree with you.

wait and see. just wait and see. although I must tell you, if I'm forced to choose between Mr. Paul and that asswipe demoncrat.. I'll vote for Mr. Ron Paul. Now. there! but he won't get the nomination. Gingrich will.

Gingrich has to much baggage and would be an easier target for democrats then Romney.
Ron Paul Rising!!

I am excited for this board to become more knowledgeable on Ron Paul and look deeper at why he takes these positions. I have seen many on this board transition, not so much to Ron Paul (yet?), but to the understanding of Monetary Policy and Foreign Policy. I can't wait for the intelligent conversations!

What is weird is you agree we need the troops home yet Paul is the only one willing to do that, Democrat or Republican.

Pardon me, but doesn't Obama have a timetable for getting the troops home? He gets no credit? :confused:

No, Obama expanded wars and he simply shifts troops from one war zone to another. Obama ended the Iraq war once and now claims he is ending it again just before Christmas but still leaves 17 THOUSAND troops in Iraq, meaning the war is still happening.

So no, Obama get’s no credit for ending wars or bringing troops homes because it literally 3 years later has not happened. Military spending is up and if I understand it right more troops are fighting than were under Bush.

he's got as good a chance of getting elected as cain and gingrich, too.

Paul?

You can't be cereal.

Dr. Paul has no chance whatsoever of getting elected President of these here United States of America.

None.

Nada.

Zip.

Zilch.

Squat.

Truthdon'tmatter has the same chance of getting the GOP nod as Dr. Paul has.

Ok, so that's negative territory, but you get the drift.

What is weird is you agree we need the troops home yet Paul is the only one willing to do that, Democrat or Republican.

Pardon me, but doesn't Obama have a timetable for getting the troops home? He gets no credit? :confused:

Technically, but he is building up troop forces in other parts of the world - I will try to come back and plug links when I get off of work.

The interesting thing is that he is leaving thousands of Private Contractors in Iraq, which is very very dangerous from a blow-back perspective. I would love to give Obama credit for really bringing the troops home and out of harms way or shutting down GITMO, but it has not happened yet.

Remember, his campaigning "I will end this war?" Many of us called him out as George W. Obama, but nonetheless there is a reason Ron Paul gets more donations then everyone combined from the military.

Paul?

You can't be cereal.

Dr. Paul has no chance whatsoever of getting elected President of these here United States of America.

None.

Nada.

Zip.

Zilch.

Squat.

lolz. Paul is tied with Cain at this point from the lo9oks of it and Cain is trending down, heavily, while Paul is trending up, heavily.

Your opinion<Reality

Last edited:

Paul?

You can't be cereal.

None.

Nada.

Zip.

Zilch.

Squat.

Uh huh, good luck with that bet.

This poll does not agree with you.

wait and see. just wait and see. although I must tell you, if I'm forced to choose between Mr. Paul and that asswipe demoncrat.. I'll vote for Mr. Ron Paul. Now. there! but he won't get the nomination. Gingrich will.

Gingrich has to much baggage and would be an easier target for democrats then Romney.
Ron Paul Rising!!

I am excited for this board to become more knowledgeable on Ron Paul and look deeper at why he takes these positions. I have seen many on this board transition, not so much to Ron Paul (yet?), but to the understanding of Monetary Policy and Foreign Policy. I can't wait for the intelligent conversations!

It's going to be tough to get many to go for Paul. As a libertarian he has the same basic problem as the Marxists. A philosophy that would take a basic shift in human nature to work. Marxists expect all to work hard for the greater good, forgetting that without easily seen benefits, many will not work at all. The libertarians on the other hand expect most transactions to be person-to-person with little if any interference from government, forgetting that some of the strong will invariably prey on the weak with very little recourse for the weak.

Obama is a liar. He is exiting troops from Iraq and repositioning them in the middle east. Invasion of Iran is on the table. I predict it will happen right after the next election cycle.

Obama, the great deciever. He lied to us and said that ending the Iraq war would be the first thing he does. He just wants reelected, its all rhetoric (lies).

Transition from Bush to Obama was seamless, because there was no change in policy.

Paul?

You can't be cereal.

None.

Nada.

Zip.

Zilch.

Squat.

Uh huh, good luck with that bet.

The word 'bet" didn't appear anywhere in my post.

So it's odd that you are wishing me luck on a bet involving Dr. Paul.

Nevertheless, he has NO chance of getting the GOP nod. He's a lopey dork.

The funny thing is, I don't dislike all of his positions. He gets some things very very right.

The shit he gets all garbled up, though? Whewiiiieee. That guy is just about a full load short of a load.

And who won the Iowa Republican Primary last time?
Huckabee and he did not win the nomination.

No one is saying that a Paul victory in Iowa would make him a lock for running against Obama. However, if he does win Iowa, the media's task of trying to label him as "unelectable" will be considerably tougher. They'll still try though.

If Romney/Perry/Cain/Gingrich win Iowa: "After this result, we have to consider _________ the leading frontrunner in the Republican race right now."

If Paul wins: "Well, let's not jump to conclusions. It's just one state in a long primary process. Don't expect Ron Paul to win in any more states."

Obama is a liar. He is exiting troops from Iraq and repositioning them in the middle east. Invasion of Iran is on the table. I predict it will happen right after the next election cycle.

Obama, the great deciever. He lied to us and said that ending the Iraq war would be the first thing he does. He just wants reelected, its all rhetoric (lies).

Transition from Bush to Obama was seamless, because there was no change in policy.

I predict you're 100% wrong. Of course, troops are being repositioned, they're leaving the war zone!!! I don't trust people that say Obama lies. I've known too many who would say the same, if he took them out faster, slower or at the current pace. It's ODS that's the problem, NOT his timetable. :doubt:

Ron Paul Rising!!

It's going to be tough to get many to go for Paul. As a libertarian he has the same basic problem as the Marxists. A philosophy that would take a basic shift in human nature to work. Marxists expect all to work hard for the greater good, forgetting that without easily seen benefits, many will not work at all. The libertarians on the other hand expect most transactions to be person-to-person with little if any interference from government, forgetting that some of the strong will invariably prey on the weak with very little recourse for the weak.

Good and well intentioned point, but looking at what Ron Paul's "Restore America" Plan is about is tiding over those who have become dependent on the government and allowing the younger generation to opt out of the system.

Ron Paul wants to cut spending in proven area's of government waste where quality has been driven down while costs have skyrocketed to maintain social programs for those who are dependent and on fixed income.

What other GOP candidate has provided substance and spoken on not cutting or restructuring Social Security and honoring the contract the government promised them.

I urge everyone here to look back at the warning and Ron Paul has been giving regarding Inflation and our Foreign Policy. It is the government policies that have brought us here and we need to elect the candidate who saw it coming while the others had no idea.

ron paul will never be president.
My TV told me so! :lol:

Mark it down. Then get back to me after the election. I'll go easy on you.

Man... What's wrong with you people? You sit here and now claim Newt is going to win the nomination but attack or pick on others for saying Paul "could" win the nomination when Paul is polling higher than Newt.

If all positions were laid out I'd bet anything you would agree with Paul vastly more than any other candidate, as most do... But pushing the idea that Paul is unelectable simply because you heard it a few thousand times does not make it reality. If Paul was polling 4% I'd agree, I'm shocked Paul is polling second or tied with Cain. I still don't claim Paul will win it all.

In a week or shit, later today a poll can come out showing Paul still at 12%, and I'd accept that, as I have always.

Paul?

You can't be cereal.

None.

Nada.

Zip.

Zilch.

Squat.

lolz. Paul is tied with Cain at this point from the lo9oks of it and Cain is trending down, heavily, while Paul is trending up, heavily.

Your opinion<Reality

LOL!

ROFLMAO, dude-kid.

:lol:

"Trending."

Let me sneak another look at the calendar.

Ah HA! It is JUST as I thought. It's fucking November 2011.

"Trending." :lol::lol:

:lmao:

AND ...

:lmao:

No one is saying that a Paul victory in Iowa would make him a lock for running against Obama. However, if he does win Iowa, the media's task of trying to label him as "unelectable" will be considerably tougher. They'll still try though.

If Romney/Perry/Cain/Gingrich win Iowa: "After this result, we have to consider _________ the leading frontrunner in the Republican race right now."

If Paul wins: "Well, let's not jump to conclusions. It's just one state in a long primary process. Don't expect Ron Paul to win in any more states."

Why should they report something that's not true just to please you? People are constantly saying the MSM lies and here you're BEGGING them to lie!!! :eek:

Lol, put perfectly.

I predict you're 100% wrong. Of course, troops are being repositioned, they're leaving the war zone!!! I don't trust people that say Obama lies. I've known too many who would say the same, if he took them out faster, slower or at the current pace. It's ODS that's the problem, NOT his timetable. :doubt:

I think we moved this discussion to the emotion of partisan politics, the blame belongs to the Republicans and the Democrats for the mess we are in. He is right regarding the seamless transition from Bush to Obama, the wars continued (expanded in some cases), civil liberties continued to be undermined, bailouts continued etc.

Forum List

Back