guy beats woman at bar, ufc fighter fucks hiim up, should he get arrested?

The guy who hit the girl was twenty feet away from her when he was confronted by the vigilante. He was clearly no longer a threat to the girl. The attack by the vigilante was illegal for a number of reasons.
Its called fleeing you dumb fuck! And any one around has a right to stop him from fleeing. Did you not notice the prep then put up his fists towards Roger? Of course you didn't. That gave Roger the right to defend himself.

Read the law, a person may use force to stop a felon who just committed a crime from fleeing!

The guy who hit the girl was twenty feet away from her when he was confronted by the vigilante. He was clearly no longer a threat to the girl. The attack by the vigilante was illegal for a number of reasons.
Its called fleeing you dumb fuck! And any one around has a right to stop him from fleeing. Did you not notice the prep then put up his fists towards Roger? Of course you didn't. That gave Roger the right to defend himself.

Read the law, a person may use force to stop a felon who just committed a crime from fleeing!

You left out the rest of my post:

I am amused by the numerous Internet cowboys who have come on this thread, vocally displaying their anonymous masculinity by declarations of what they would have done to the guy who knocked the girl down in the first place.

I hope that BOTH of the "assholes" here get prosecuted - the original attacker for his assault on the girl, and the vigalante as well, for his unprovoked (that's right - unprovoked) attack on the original attacker.

I have a feeling that the vigilante's motivation was hardly to stop a "fleeing felon." I would suspect he was angry at what he saw and that his primary motive was merely to kick some ass. Wouldn't you agree?

kick his ass and teach him a lesson, dude went to texas so he might be a slow learner

lets see the black dude ...attacks the woman from behind.....knocking her to the ground....i would say the ufc fighter was right in what he did...the woman didnt seem to be in danger in the first place till the guy knocks her out....so how can you judge how much danger she was in?

This situation is analagous to the one where the cops pursue a perp, get him down on the ground (where he is no longer a threat to them in any way) and then beat him to a pulp with nightsticks and flashlights because he made them angry at him by running from them in the first place.

Once it's over, it's over. This one was over. The vigilante became the attacker. Both #1 guy and #2 guy should be prosecuted, each for what they did individually: #1 guy for knocking the girl down; #2 guy for the unprovoked attack on #1 guy.

Here's some bullshit:

* Men are more manly down south. Chivalry is scarce anywhere, bones and southern dudes ain't any less likely to walk on by as some creep beats the snot outta his woman.

* Strange men feel an obligation to protect women under assault in bars anywhere in the US. (This clip is newsworthy precisely because it rarely happens.)

* Anyone posting here in favor of vigilantism would be okay if their child was the victim of a one-punch homicide.

* Professional fighters have no more criminal liability for street fights than I do.

If the chick was getting hammered and guy #2 just got a bit enthused about pulling guy #1 offa her, I'd agree with you. But that is not what happened. Guy #1 knocked her down -- mebbe by accident, since who the hell backs up into someone facing away from you to knock them down? -- and when it was over, guy # 2 commenced to whaling on guy #1.

Like it or not, assuming these are the facts, that's assault.

No he should not go to jail. the asshole who cold cocked the young woman in a sneak attack should however go to jail.

What if the asshole had cold-cocked a man?

Same thing! All people have the right to stop a violent felon from fleeing and defending yourself if the felon resists!

As a legal opinion, this is the equivalent of discount toilet paper. There is no defense in the law called "I was stopping a person I thought had committed a felony". There might be some latitude for bar employees hired to keep order, but that isn't what happened here.

You are eminently iggy-worthy, GHook. Crawl back under your rock.

No he should not go to jail. the asshole who cold cocked the young woman in a sneak attack should however go to jail.

Same thing! All people have the right to stop a violent felon from fleeing and defending yourself if the felon resists!

Citizens have the right to use REASONABLE force to CAPTURE or RESTRAIN another person who has committed a felony in their presence.

They do NOT have the right to beat him to a bloody pulp and/or put him in the hospital in the process, merely because their own sensibilities have been offended by what he did.

Tackle him and hold him down until the police arrive. No problem.

In this case, it is claimed that #1 guy "put his hands up" toward #2 guy. Perhaps. I can't see it on the video. It seems clear to me that #2 did NOT initiate any kind of attack against #1.

As a legal opinion, this is the equivalent of discount toilet paper. There is no defense in the law called "I was stopping a person I thought had committed a felony". There might be some latitude for bar employees hired to keep order, but that isn't what happened here.

Not true there is a legal defense for a person stopping a fleeing suspect AND FOR THE LAST TIME, THERE WAS NO IFS ANDS OF BUTS TO WHETHER HE COMMITTED A CRIME. HE COMMITTED A FUCKING CRIME!!!!

Citizens have the right to use REASONABLE force to CAPTURE or RESTRAIN another person who has committed a felony in their presence.

They do NOT have the right to beat him to a bloody pulp and/or put him in the hospital in the process, merely because their own sensibilities have been offended by what he did.

In this case, it is claimed that #1 guy "put his hands up" toward #2 guy. Perhaps. I can't see it on the video. It seems clear to me that #2 did NOT initiate any kind of attack against #1.

First, we are not talking about a small guy. The prep here was a large man, a college D1 football player no less. He was much bigger than Roger!
Second, the prep put up his fists ready to fight and even took the first swing. That leads to a self-defense argument.

Didn't you say you just celebrated your 19th B-day? :confused:

there are rules....just vague one...but you know you dont pound a woman....and like i said...when one elects to stay for the fight...they have made thier choice....and of course i am old....i have glass hands now...i havent been in a good brawl in a long time....young people carry guns...and use them in a most wreckless manner. you just dont see a good old fist fight much anymore.....i cant remember the last time i went by a gang of kids and broke up a fist fight, can you?

You make a helluva point there that would make an intersting thread in and of itself, When I was in HS almost every guy drove a pickup to school and in the back window of that truck was at least on loaded riffle. No one locked their doors (we did roll up windows cuz it's arkansas and a rain can break out anytime) and we had fights EVERY day. But never not once did anyone consider less much actually go get a gun and start shooting people. Our fights were that . A fist fight. Two or three good punches each then off to lunch... People now are nuts.

UMM no, I did have a thread about 19th bday, but mine was celebrated LONG ago, hell, I have a son that age now.

Guess you never heard of a citizens arrest.

Citizen's arrest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back to school for Madeline.

First, we are not talking about a small guy. The prep here was a large man, a college D1 football player no less. He was much bigger than Roger!
Second, the prep put up his fists ready to fight and even took the first swing. That leads to a self-defense argument.

Take another look at the video. #1 knocks the girl down and then backs off. Some other guy approaches him, wanting to make sure he isn't going to go back to attack the girl again. He isn't. At this point, #1 is just standing there. #2 approaches #1 in an obviously aggressive manner. Now the video goes elsewhere, and we don't see what happens between #1 and #2. Next thing we see, is #2 attacking #1 at a distant location.

The video does not show #1 taking the first swing. What the video does show, is #1 trying to get away from #2, not being able to do so, and then defending himself from an attack by #2.

It is quite clear what went on here. As several others have pointed out, #2 was simply playing the man card - all he wanted to do was kick the hell out of #1 to pay him back for hitting the girl. He wasn't trying to "capture a fleeing felon" or anything even close to it.

For that reason, #1 should be prosecuted right along with #2.

Guess you never heard of a citizens arrest.

Citizen's arrest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back to school for Madeline.

This was no "citizen's arrest." This was an attack designed to punish. Reasonable force was far exceeded.

It isn't for me to decide whether Huerta's actions were legal or not, but one thing is perfectly clear to me:

Black dude assaulted hot chick, and Huerta did the right thing.

In that position, I would have done exactly what he did (not nearly as effectively, I'm sure) and let the Police sort it out. Right and wrong don't equate to legal and illegal. What he did may be illegal, but what he did was right and honorable.

Down here, the cops would have shaken Huerta's hand, then taken the thug to jail and beat his ass again.

Hit a girl, we rock your world.

jaywalking is illegal, should we prosecute every jaywalker.
Street justice was correct on this one, sorry George your likely a rich boy who's never had a man card.

maddie how much time has you passed in the south?

southern men are a lot different from men in other regions....i have no clue how to change a tire and have no reason to learn. i hear ma'am a lot...and when addressed by my first name...i am at the age where younger men add...'miss'...and southern men have their down side too.

o and a southern woman's finacee would never have to cut his arm off....cause he wasnt found for 3 days.

i have found northern men to be quite decent too....i find most men treat a lady with respect.

Forum List

Back