Gutless Pence caves to pressure - Asks for new law.

Its fun to watch Pence backdown.
It's more fun to watch people pretend he is not.

He's not backing down, no matter how hard you wish he was.

How about backing away? Redoing? Altering?

If he wasn't backing down/backing away, altering, obfuscating, re-directing, or whatever....he wouldn't have been on TV today giving a news conference demanding legislation be passed by the end of the week.....

Bet old Pency is wishing he was never born about right now.

Pence 2016....anyone want to buy stock in that company?

How'd your stock in Fluke work out? What did she lose by...22 points? LOL She got shellacked like the majority of the dems. That was priceless

Sandra is doing fine as an activist and attorney; young, attractive and famous. 3 things you are not. Man...that's gotta hurt. But please continue with the lambasting of your betters; it's your only recourse after all

This is the website for the church Wikipedia lists as Pence's place of worship. Check out the disclaimer. LOL

Community Church of Greenwood Proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ live in full obedience to Him.

More directly....

We do not take political stances at Community Church of Greenwood. Mike Pence does not attend here and has not called our church home in many many years. We will not discuss this any further on our website. We are not sure where Mike Pence will be worshipping but we hope to see everyone here on Easter!

That's what you all getg for using Wiki as a factual site. Morons

Kinda cool how his old church made it clear they didn't want to have his taint....

This is the website for the church Wikipedia lists as Pence's place of worship. Check out the disclaimer. LOL

Community Church of Greenwood Proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ live in full obedience to Him.

More directly....

We do not take political stances at Community Church of Greenwood. Mike Pence does not attend here and has not called our church home in many many years. We will not discuss this any further on our website. We are not sure where Mike Pence will be worshipping but we hope to see everyone here on Easter!
Damn, Pence is busted again, this time by the church he claims to attend.

More directly....

LOL!! Damn...this shit here needs its own thread....tis glorious lol

More directly....

LOL!! Damn...this shit here needs its own thread....tis glorious lol
I'm thinking the church's server got crashed. LOL

I assume they're nice people. Even if they think gay is a sin, you can do that without saying someone can fire you for it.

You are a disgrace to your own cause. Note the URL for We do not take political stances at Community Church of Greenwood. Mike Pence does not attend here and has not called our church home in many many years. We will not discuss this any further on our website. We are not sure where Mike Pence will be worshipping but we hope to see everyone here on Easter!

You are a disgrace to your own cause. Note the URL

[Homophobe is some stupid word made up by some homo. You clowns overuse that along with bigot and racist so much it's lost whatever little bite it ever had
EconChick is a heterofacist, and such is her rant above.
Sissy Irish Loser is Econochump?
I think so. A few thinks she is LadyGunslinger, but Sissy Irish Loser does not have her pizazz at all.

Even his alma mater Hanover College puts him undah tha bus! LOL

Glenn Beck rips Pence Wilco cancels Indy show in RFRA fallout

Sue DeWine, president of Hanover College, Pence's alma mater, wrote on open letter about the law: "As president of Hanover College, I ask that Gov. Pence honor the values of his alma mater. At Hanover College we celebrate inclusion, acceptance and openness to all persons. We do this not only because it represents the very best of what it means to be a Hoosier, but also because it is morally the right thing to do."

[

Pence was clear as to Indiana's plan of action. Nowhere did I see him caving in

Then why won't he say what he needs to say?

1. Most queers are child molesters and people don't want them in stores

2. liberals support the extreme discrimination of affirmative action

THINK

Governor Pence did not back down. He asked for a clarification.

These laws have to stand up people so they can't be challenged. So RFRA gets tweeked. No big smurf.

Nothing freaking changes.

The Obamacare law was bad law. That's how Holly Lobby could challenge and win for crying out loud.

Even his alma mater Hanover College puts him undah tha bus! LOL

Glenn Beck rips Pence Wilco cancels Indy show in RFRA fallout

Sue DeWine, president of Hanover College, Pence's alma mater, wrote on open letter about the law: "As president of Hanover College, I ask that Gov. Pence honor the values of his alma mater. At Hanover College we celebrate inclusion, acceptance and openness to all persons. We do this not only because it represents the very best of what it means to be a Hoosier, but also because it is morally the right thing to do."

Another dingbat! So she didn't read the law either. What an asshole.

:lmao:

Someone should get SassyIrishLass's attention. I believe she swore that Pence wouldn't back down.

He didn't. He's sticking to the original legislation with a clarification. Pence has really rocked on this. Kudos. Grace under fire.

"After much reflection and in consultation with leadership in the General Assembly, I've come to the conclusion that it would be helpful to move legislation this week that makes it clear that this law does not give businesses a right to deny services to anyone," he told local and national media during an 11 a.m. news conference.

But Pence said he opposes the fix that many critics of the law have demanded: A statewide ban on discrimination based on sexual orientation.

"I've never supported that," Pence said. "It's not on my agenda. But I think it's a completely separate question.

I mean, we are talking about the religious freedom restoration act, which is about restoring the highest level of scrutiny in our state courts in matters of government action that intrude upon the religious liberty of Hoosiers. That's where I want to stay focused."

Gov. Mike Pence Change RFRA law to make it clear discrimination won t be allowed

Governor Pence did not back down. He asked for a clarification.

That's backing down, you simpleton. If pence had any balls he'd say something like " We won't change so much as a comma and if you liberals really oppose discrimination, why do you support affirmative action, the govt mandated discrimination against straight white males". THINK

Pence in no way caved under pressure. The Amendment acts a pressure release.

And there are veritable liars on both sides of this debate. Very sad indeed.

Unreal eh? I can't believe all the people with their knee jerk reactions let alone the supposedly brilliant minds that run corporations.

Pfffft the Governors jumped in to keep their names in the ring with their idiotic "no taxpayer money bullshit" but they are politicians after all.

That's backing down, you simpleton.

No its not. If he wanted to back down, he could have

A) Vetoed the law with the current language or

B) Issued an executive order nullifying the law

None of which he did.

The law is a simple outlet for religious business owners to state their case on why they should be allowed to discriminate, the clarification simply makes a warning that just because they are allowed to state their case before a judge doesn't mean they will win. Because legally, the government will always have a compelling interest.

You are overreacting, and you are no different from the far leftists on this board. The world has in fact not ended contrary to popular belief.

Last edited:
The coward should say "If discrimination is bad, why do we have affirmative action"?

Pence is responding to the free market.

Businesses and their customers are rebelling. The state is losing money because free citizens are, through their spending choices, boycotting Indiana. Conventions are canceling. NCAA/Final Four advertisers are leveraging future contracts w/the state. The market is voting with its fucking feet my friend.

I know that you and the Republican Party want big government to impose its values down the throat of free consumers and businesses, but when companies like Walmart are threatening Pence because of consumer backlash, it's time to listen to the market.

Republicans hate it when the market slaps down their hate legislation. They only like freedom when the outcome suits their top-down values.

Forum List

Back