Gutless Pence caves to pressure - Asks for new law.

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
The coward should say "If discrimination is bad, why do we have affirmative action"?

Pence Buckles Under Powerful Gay Media Blitzkrieg - Breitbart

march 31 2015
Governor Mike Pence of Indiana seems to have caved into enormous pressure and will ask the state legislature for new legislation to make it clear that Christian florists and bakers could be forced to participate in weddings that violate their religious beliefs.

Last week, Indiana joined 19 other states and the federal government by enacting a law to protect religious believers from governmental encroachment on religious freedom. Such legislation was cited in the recent Supreme Court Hobby Lobby decision that determined religious employers could not be forced to supply abortion drugs to employees under ObamaCare.

In a packed press conference this morning, Pence did not give specifics about what the new legislation would say, only that he wants it to make clear that “Indiana businesses will not be able to discriminate against anyone for any reason.” He said the religion freedom bill he signed was never considered by him or the bill’s sponsors to allow a “license to discriminate.”

• Banned
No doubt big business paid him some big bucks to cave in. The GOP is disgusting. They never fight for anything. You call them names or give them money and they collapse every time.

• Banned
He didn't ask for a new law, he asked for the existing one to be clarified. He has already said he stood by the law, so therefore nothing has changed.

Nice title, Shoots, too bad that never happened. And this is why I don't read Breitbart.

Have someone read you the opening sentence in the article.

• Banned
Repubs should emphasize two things

1. Most pervos are child molesters and customers don't want such people in stores

2. Thanks to affirmative action, discrimination by businesses is extremely common.

He didn't ask for a new law, he asked for the existing one to be clarified. He has already said he stood by the law, so therefore nothing has changed.

Nice title, Shoots, too bad that never happened. And this is why I don't read Breitbart.

Have someone read you the opening sentence in the article.

I did, and it doesn't say what you think it says. Have someone educate you on the legislative process.

"[Pence] will ask the state legislature for new legislation to make it clear that Christian florists and bakers could be forced to participate in weddings that violate their religious beliefs."

First of all, that sentence is overtly deceptive. Just like the gay crowd, you somehow read into Pence's actions something that isn't there. Pence asked for an amendment to the existing law. An amendment.

Like so:

Gov. Mike Pence Calls For Legislative Amendment to Controversial Religious Freedom Law TheBlaze.com

And so:

Pence Will Amend Religious Freedom Law Political Wire

Unlike you, I have managed to separate fact from rhetoric.

Anyone who believes that Pence is not adapting to the pressure is not objective.

That is what he is doing, exactly.

After the new legislation passes, Pence will recapture routeIrish.

When a small percentage of the people in this country can BULLY others with lie's, threats and dishonesty into caving to them

were are doomed

The coward should say "If discrimination is bad, why do we have affirmative action"?

Pence Buckles Under Powerful Gay Media Blitzkrieg - Breitbart

march 31 2015
Governor Mike Pence of Indiana seems to have caved into enormous pressure and will ask the state legislature for new legislation to make it clear that Christian florists and bakers could be forced to participate in weddings that violate their religious beliefs.

Last week, Indiana joined 19 other states and the federal government by enacting a law to protect religious believers from governmental encroachment on religious freedom. Such legislation was cited in the recent Supreme Court Hobby Lobby decision that determined religious employers could not be forced to supply abortion drugs to employees under ObamaCare.

In a packed press conference this morning, Pence did not give specifics about what the new legislation would say, only that he wants it to make clear that “Indiana businesses will not be able to discriminate against anyone for any reason.” He said the religion freedom bill he signed was never considered by him or the bill’s sponsors to allow a “license to discriminate.”
:itsok::boohoo::crybaby::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

He never said a new law, he said a clarification of the passed law.
Uh huh.....:lol:

Instead of laughing her off, try disproving her.

I watched Pence this morning, he said nothing to the effect of the OP. Nothing.

Agreed. People are lying their asses off on both sides. Meanwhile, I sit back while everyone else loses their minds.

Pence was clear as to Indiana's plan of action. Nowhere did I see him caving in

Forum List

Back