Gun Store Owners Rescinds Rifle Purchase

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
"While I support and respect Mark Kelly's 2nd Amendment rights to purchase, possess, and use firearms in a safe and responsible manner, his recent statements to the media made it clear that his intent in purchasing the Sig Sauer M400 5.56mm rifle from us was for reasons other then for his personal use," MacKinlay said in the statement.

Read more: Gun store rescinds Mark Kelly's rifle purchase, questions his 'intent' | Fox News

But it's cool because:
1. He said that he supports his 2nd amendment rights...He said it right there!
2. Because Liberals only deserve guns as long as they are going to use them the way gun store owners TELL them to

I know the 2nd Amendmenters are going to go ape shit all over the place, but calm down...it's ok, someone will let you know if your money can buy things you want, just, after a review

I guess the background checks do actually work. It prevented an assault rifle from getting into the hands of a nutcase like Mark Kelly.

Good for them. They may have prevented a vengeful nut case from committing murder.

Haha, this thread should be funny. Gun rights vs pure free market capitalism.

Well, I support the store owners decision. It is obvious that his business was being used to prove a political point in the gun debate. I cant imagine many gun owners would want that PR. But then again, I now know about Diamondback Police Supply in Tuscon, AZ, and just an hour ago I'd never heard of them. So guess he got the PR either way.

Also for the record, both the store owner and the potential buyer planned to donate that weapon to the Tuscon Police Department to better equip a local cop to fight the gangs and drug cartels of Mexico who have filtered into Arizona. So good for both of them for supporting their cops.

But I cant blame the guy for not wanting his store to become the boogey man in the gun debate. If the buyer really wanted to prove a point, he should've gotten a friend of his from NASA who owns one to sell it to him cash, with no background check. That would prove more of a point.

The store reserves the right to refuse business with no explanation and the customer has the right to boycott or not frequent the store or business. Is there a story here?

Bingo

For example... If I open my bar/restaurant.. and I find out that the musty smelling drunk that walked in is TDM.. I will refuse service and kick her out with a nice lip slide to the gutter where she belongs

"While I support and respect Mark Kelly's 2nd Amendment rights to purchase, possess, and use firearms in a safe and responsible manner, his recent statements to the media made it clear that his intent in purchasing the Sig Sauer M400 5.56mm rifle from us was for reasons other then for his personal use," MacKinlay said in the statement.

Read more: Gun store rescinds Mark Kelly's rifle purchase, questions his 'intent' | Fox News
But it's cool because:
1. He said that he supports his 2nd amendment rights...He said it right there!
2. Because Liberals only deserve guns as long as they are going to use them the way gun store owners TELL them to

I know the 2nd Amendmenters are going to go ape shit all over the place, but calm down...it's ok, someone will let you know if your money can buy things you want, just, after a review

Let me get this straight. You object to the federal law that actually requires gun dealers not to sell guns to people who they think are misrepresenting themselves as a person who will personally use the gun for a legal purpose, but are blaming the dealer for following the law.

Nice to know.

No, it's not a problem at all...until it happens to you.

It has happened to me. Not in a few years, but I used to spend a lot of time on the beach, and there were a lot of stores that had No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service polices in effect. A few people whined about it, the rest of us just went to a different store.

No, it's not a problem at all...until it happens to you.

It has happened to me. Not in a few years, but I used to spend a lot of time on the beach, and there were a lot of stores that had No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service polices in effect. A few people whined about it, the rest of us just went to a different store.

I'm talking about denying you a gun because the owner thinks you only want it to make a point. And not a violent point either, which would be a concern either way

This is a non-story. The guy didnt want his store used as a political statement in a hot topic debate. 100% no problem with this.

Thank God nutcases like Mark Kelly wont get the chance to shoot children in the face with an assault rifle.

Haha, this thread should be funny. Gun rights vs pure free market capitalism.
Well, I support the store owners decision. It is obvious that his business was being used to prove a political point in the gun debate. I cant imagine many gun owners would want that PR. But then again, I now know about Diamondback Police Supply in Tuscon, AZ, and just an hour ago I'd never heard of them. So guess he got the PR either way.

Also for the record, both the store owner and the potential buyer planned to donate that weapon to the Tuscon Police Department to better equip a local cop to fight the gangs and drug cartels of Mexico who have filtered into Arizona. So good for both of them for supporting their cops.

But I cant blame the guy for not wanting his store to become the boogey man in the gun debate. If the buyer really wanted to prove a point, he should've gotten a friend of his from NASA who owns one to sell it to him cash, with no background check. That would prove more of a point.

Please tell me you really aren't this stupid.

This is a non-story. The guy didnt want his store used as a political statement in a hot topic debate. 100% no problem with this.

But I'm sure if the reason was something you found nefarious, such as the man was African American, you would have a big problem with the owners decision and want the government to step in and force the owner to make the sale.

:cuckoo:

I hear you but do you think that is a valid reason for denying someone a firearm?

Like you said it's the free-market vs the 2nd amendment. If this guy was some red neck cowboy and someone denied him, the shit flingers would be...well...flinging their shit all over the place

I hear you but do you think that is a valid reason for denying someone a firearm?

Like you said it's the free-market vs the 2nd amendment. If this guy was some red neck cowboy and someone denied him, the shit flingers would be...well...flinging their shit all over the place

You dumb turds dont have a fucking clue regarding a free market. Free means free. Free from coercion, free to associate or not, etc..

This isn't a matter of 2nd amendment vs. free market. But please, continue to make a complete fool out of yourselves. It's good entertainment.

The left was planning to make a poster boy out of him to promote their gun control agenda. He denied them that opportunity. Smart guy.

You dumb turds dont have a fucking clue regarding a free market. Free means free. Free from coercion, free to associate or not, etc..

This isn't a matter of 2nd amendment vs. free market. But please, continue to make a complete fool out of yourselves. It's good entertainment.

Whoa wait a second...Free means what now?

Hey, a gun store owner doesn't like the cut of your jib he can deny you. Good to know. It's not like it's drone strike on suspects or anything. Wait, that's something else the right wing didn't see coming. I'll just wait until it happens and laugh at the lack of foresight...again

Forum List

Back