Gun safety instruction OK in public elementary schools, new Louisiana law says

I have no problem with gun safety being taught in school, I feel the more children know about handling firearms safely, the better off the country is.

I do feel that any ammo be banned from an indoor classroom, and only used one bullet at a time, outside, perhaps on a football field.

If it is the NRA program they won't be taught to handle anything.....they will be taught to not touch the weapon, leave the area and find an adult.....and the anti gunners fight this...they need dead kids to help get guns banned.....

Like an episode of "What Could Possibly Go Wrong?"

"When school starts this fall, public schools in Louisiana will have the option to instruct elementary students on gun safety.

Gov. Bobby Jindal on Wednesday (July 1) signed a bill into law that permits cities, parishes and local public school boards to provide students with "age and grade appropriate" firearm accident prevention and safety instruction.

A suggested curriculum includes the Eddie Eagle Gunsafe Program, developed by the National Rifle Association."

Really? Research has shown over and over that firearms safety instruction early in life leads to safer gun handling throughout the rest of their lives.

Before the liberal left got ahold of common sense and threw it out of the window, guns were allowed at school. Not for self defense, but many times my dad said you'd see a rifle on the back window of a students truck in the parking lot at his high school, usually on Friday. Why? Because when he got off school he had his change of clothes in the truck and he was going straight into the woods to hunt. Amazingly, nobody was ever shot.

When I was in high school, I was on the ROTC drill team and we had rifles stored on campus in the ROTC classroom which was locked when the instructors were not present.

And gee whiz, no one grabbed a gun and shot the school up! Imagine that!

ObamacareMoreDeadlyThanRifle_zpskbdqfkrm.jpg

"When school starts this fall, public schools in Louisiana will have the option to instruct elementary students on gun safety.

Gov. Bobby Jindal on Wednesday (July 1) signed a bill into law that permits cities, parishes and local public school boards to provide students with "age and grade appropriate" firearm accident prevention and safety instruction.

A suggested curriculum includes the Eddie Eagle Gunsafe Program, developed by the National Rifle Association."

Really? Research has shown over and over that firearms safety instruction early in life leads to safer gun handling throughout the rest of their lives.

Davie Dad Accidentally Shoots Daughter: Cops

Son Kills Dad During Gun Safety Demonstration

Daniel Petric killed mother, shot father because they took Halo 3 video game, prosecutors say

"In September 2007, Daniel, then 16, had sneaked out of his bedroom window to purchase the game at a store against his father's orders. When he returned home, his parents caught him with the game and took it from him. His father, Mark, a minister at New Life Assembly of God in Wellington, put the game in a lockbox in a closet where he also kept a 9mm handgun, according to prosecutors.

About a month later, on Oct. 20, 2007, Daniel used his father's key to open the lockbox and remove the gun and the game. The boy shot his parents, killing his mother and gravely wounding his father. As his father lay wounded, Daniel tried to place the gun in his father's hand.

Daniel fled after his sister and her husband arrived at the house, taking the Halo 3 game with him."

Mechanical/Operational accidents aside, the takeaway should be giving children lethal instruction doesn't take into account their immaturity and lack of emotional development. Children throw tantrums. Add guns and the knowledge of their operation is a recipe for disaster.

In Maine 10 yr olds and up can get a junior hunting license after taking a safety course, and they have to have an adult present when hunting until they are 16.....

Davie Dad Accidentally Shoots Daughter: Cops

Son Kills Dad During Gun Safety Demonstration

Daniel Petric killed mother, shot father because they took Halo 3 video game, prosecutors say

"In September 2007, Daniel, then 16, had sneaked out of his bedroom window to purchase the game at a store against his father's orders. When he returned home, his parents caught him with the game and took it from him. His father, Mark, a minister at New Life Assembly of God in Wellington, put the game in a lockbox in a closet where he also kept a 9mm handgun, according to prosecutors.

About a month later, on Oct. 20, 2007, Daniel used his father's key to open the lockbox and remove the gun and the game. The boy shot his parents, killing his mother and gravely wounding his father. As his father lay wounded, Daniel tried to place the gun in his father's hand.

Daniel fled after his sister and her husband arrived at the house, taking the Halo 3 game with him."

Mechanical/Operational accidents aside, the takeaway should be giving children lethal instruction doesn't take into account their immaturity and lack of emotional development. Children throw tantrums. Add guns and the knowledge of their operation is a recipe for disaster.
oh shit....im against teaching gun safety now.....once in a while a nut shows up...

My dad grew up on the east coast, and went to a high school in a a very liberal city in the 1950s. There, they not only had a shooting club at school, not only did they list hobbies in their yearbook like "sharp shooting" "firearms", etc, they also didn't have mass shootings. I'm in my early 40s now, and when I was in elementary school, we'd go shooting with the cub scouts. We didn't have mass shootings, especially in schools. When you take this into account with the realization guns are much harder to get legally now, are guns really the issue?

Mass murderers are mostly crazy and mostly liberal and mostly target easy victims. When are lefties going to demand that ATF agents involved in operation Fast and Furious be indicted for shipping about 3,000 illegal weapons to Mexican drug cartels?

Mass murderers are mostly crazy and mostly liberal and mostly target easy victims. When are lefties going to demand that ATF agents involved in operation Fast and Furious be indicted for shipping about 3,000 illegal weapons to Mexican drug cartels?

Oh that one is easy; never because a Vast Right Wing Conspiracy made Obama do it.

Forum List

Back