Gun rights activists test Walmart request not to open-carry guns into store

Who thought Walmart was going to ask them to leave? Considering they never made that statement.
What statement -did- they make?
Requesting people not carry in their stores nothing about kicking people out who do, so why would anyone have that expectation?
So you agree - - WalMar'ts recent change in position on on carry in its stores has no meaning whatsoever.

No, I think Walmart is signaling a political position that it feels is favorable to it's consumers. Whether Walmart believes in it or not I'm not sure but certainly a nod to gun control.

When Walmart first made this announcement it was obvious some idiots were going to go in parading their guns around and I'm sure Walmart anticipated it. So I can only assume Walmart is playing a PR game.

Means nothing? Nope, it's a sign of change.

Ha Walmart anticapeted shit. Those guys are so slow they didn't realize paying more money in wages to workers, get you better employees.

Is Gabbard finally rubbing off on you when it comes to income inequality?

Who thought Walmart was going to ask them to leave? Considering they never made that statement.
They are just asking people to not be a douche and honor their request

Like a smoker who lights up when asked not to

those are laws restricting smoking not requests

I don't think Rightwinger was specifically referencing anti-smoking laws, just in general asking smokers to be cool and do it someplace else. Could be on the street, in a house or car.
who really knows what that nutjob means,,,

general rule is if you dont like something it should be you that gets out,,,better that than become a fascist and imposes your will on others

What statement -did- they make?
Requesting people not carry in their stores nothing about kicking people out who do, so why would anyone have that expectation?
So you agree - - WalMar'ts recent change in position on on carry in its stores has no meaning whatsoever.

No, I think Walmart is signaling a political position that it feels is favorable to it's consumers. Whether Walmart believes in it or not I'm not sure but certainly a nod to gun control.

When Walmart first made this announcement it was obvious some idiots were going to go in parading their guns around and I'm sure Walmart anticipated it. So I can only assume Walmart is playing a PR game.

Ha Walmart anticapeted shit. Those guys are so slow they didn't realize paying more money in wages to workers, get you better employees.

What the hell does Tulsi have to do with what was known since Henry Ford?

I don't think Rightwinger was specifically referencing anti-smoking laws, just in general asking smokers to be cool and do it someplace else. Could be on the street, in a house or car.

general rule is if you dont like something it should be you that gets out,,,better that than become a fascist and imposes your will on others

I disagree and as a former smoker, if someone is smoking and it's in my face then they are going to have a problem.

He's also not a nutjob, look at the guy who started this moronic thread.

Walmart is at complete liberty to implement any gun policy it so desires.

Patrons must follow that policy, not shop at Wal-Mart, or be trespassed off the property.
I stopped shopping at walmart his week. So have many others around here.
I stopped shopping at Walmart years ago, too much real Americana.
2868-e1508258057956.jpg

2639-e1508258121297.jpg

Screen-Shot-2017-10-25-at-13.40.11.png

pictures-of-people-at-walmart.jpg

What the hell does Tulsi have to do with what was known since Henry Ford?

About as much as anything you've provided in this thread.

And yet, their policy is to allow people to open carry in their stores, just as it was the day before their made their announcement.
As an anti-gun loon, why don't you feel duped?
I'm not antigun for one, idiot.
You should stop lying to yourself.
Second, nobody said anything about Walmart not allowing to carry in their stores, are you really this far behind?
As evidenced by their -actual- policy.
You people were duped.
I'm a gun owner....
Your posts fall, cleanly and clearly, under the category of "anti-gun loon".
Who was duped? I never expected this new policy would kick people out of Walmart stores for carrying...
You should stop plying to yourself.

And yet, their policy is to allow people to open carry in their stores, just as it was the day before their made their announcement.
As an anti-gun loon, why don't you feel duped?
I'm not antigun for one, idiot.
You should stop lying to yourself.
Second, nobody said anything about Walmart not allowing to carry in their stores, are you really this far behind?
As evidenced by their -actual- policy.
You people were duped.
I'm a gun owner....
Your posts fall, cleanly and clearly, under the category of "anti-gun loon".
Who was duped? I never expected this new policy would kick people out of Walmart stores for carrying...
If you're so obsessive about guns that you fall into that small minority of 10-20% of wingnuts who don't like background checks then probably anything less than hoarding guns for the 'upcoming civil war' is going to look anti-gun.[/quote]

Plying to myself?

So, to get this straight, you seemed to think Walmart was likely going to try to throw those carrying out of their stores or thought they had a new rule about restricting guns. Then when Walmart didn't throw anyone out of their stores you sadly attempt to make fun of liberals because you think the are as dumb as you?

Got it.

I disagree and as a former smoker, if someone is smoking and it's in my face then they are going to have a problem.

He's also not a nutjob, look at the guy who started this moronic thread.
depending on where you are the problem may be yours not theirs,,,

and this thread is a legitimate thread even if you dont think so

and again the problem may be with you not the thread

If you're so obsessive about guns that you fall into that small minority of 10-20% of wingnuts who don't like background checks then probably anything less than hoarding guns for the 'upcoming civil war' is going to look anti-gun.
Thank for you for illustrating how your posts land you firmly into the "anti gun loon" category.
Plying to myself?
Lying to yourself - yes. Sorry.
You should stop.

If you're so obsessive about guns that you fall into that small minority of 10-20% of wingnuts who don't like background checks then probably anything less than hoarding guns for the 'upcoming civil war' is going to look anti-gun.
Thank for you for illustrating how your posts land you firmly into the "anti gun loon" category.
Plying to myself?
Lying to yourself - yes. Sorry.
You should stop.

:21:

Ask a bunch of hillbillies with guns itching for a fight and hopped up on some kind of 'shine to get the fuck out of the store? That would be a grand prize winner on AFV.
You must be one of the Progressives who can smell us at Walmart and fly over us putting out CO2. You gave your selves away.
I don’t shop at Walmart, it’s for loser who want to enrich China.

If someone asks you not to carry a weapon in their house......you do it anyway?

Walmart is at complete liberty to implement any gun policy it so desires.
Patrons must follow that policy, not shop at Wal-Mart, or be trespassed off the property.
Not if bakers are forced to make cakes........if that remains as law, then those businesses that prevent the 2nd Amendment Rights of citizens will also be sued .....
The left hates the 2A, because it prevents them from creating a state monopoly on force.
We have a first amendment
We don’t need a second
It’s true that the First Amendment safeguards citizens from tyranny – not the Second.

The Second Amendment does safeguard the right of citizens to self-defense, and the possession of handguns pursuant to that right.

None of which has anything to do with patrons open carrying guns in Walmart stores - illustrating again the ignorance and stupidity of the thread premise and ‘gun rights’ activists.

904107ae279a064c48e0374a536f5a21.jpg

tombstone-az1.jpg

20130125-dodge-guns.jpg

Dodge City, 1878

You do realize that criminals ignored those signs....right? And that the criminals in Tombstone, with their illegal guns murdered one Earp, maimed another, and that the famous Doc Holiday simply ignored that law......you know that...right?
Those gun ordinances were passed after some event happened when several people got killed. I kind of got carried away though, sorry they are a bit off topic and I only really meant to post the saloon sign to prove that you can not allow guns in a private business.

You mean except for Virginia....right?

Allowing guns into bars has 'surprising' result - WND

When Virginia passed a law allowing concealed carry in bars and alcohol-serving restaurants beginning July 1 of last year, opponents of the change decried the dangers of mixing guns and alcohol, for fear violent crimes would escalate.

But one year later, the Richmond Times-Dispatch did a study to see if the gloomy prognostications came true.

According to state police records, not only did gun violence in bars and restaurants not increase under the new law, it decreased by 5.2 percent.

In fact, of the 145 reported crimes with guns that occurred in Virginia bars and restaurants in fiscal 2010-11 (compared to 153 incidents in the year before the new law took effect), only two of the aggravated assault cases were related to concealed-carry permit holders. In one incident, the crime took place at a restaurant that didn’t serve alcohol – thus unrelated to the new law – and in the other, the weapon was neither discharged nor withdrawn from its holster.

“The numbers basically just confirm what we’ve said would happen if the General Assembly changed the law,” Philip Van Cleave, president of the pro-gun Virginia Citizens Defense League, told the Times-Dispatch. “Keep in mind what the other side was saying – that this was going to be a blood bath, that restaurants will be dangerous and people will stop going. But there was nothing to base the fear-mongering on.”

Read more at Allowing guns into bars has 'surprising' result - WND

If someone asks you not to carry a weapon in their house......you do it anyway?

If someone says they don't want to bake a cake for a gay wedding, you not only try to force them to, you destroy their business if they don't...

Gun rights activists in Texas are testing Walmart’s request not to open-carry in stores by doing just that.

David Amad, the vice president of Open Carry Texas, told The New York Times the 38,000 members of his group have openly carried their guns inside Walmart stores since the retailer announced last week it is “respectfully requesting” customers to no longer openly bring guns into its stores.

Walmart spokesperson Lorenzo Lopez told the Times that company employees are instructed not to obstruct peaceful shoppers from openly carrying guns. But he said stores should call law enforcement if an employee or customer feel unsafe.
Gun rights activists test Walmart request not to open-carry guns into store

Wow - that was a short-lived anti-gun loon "victory".
Did people think Wal-mart would -really- ask people to leave, and thus, not spend their money there?
It's a smart move by Walmart. Most of the public does not support open carry. They feel safer shopping, dining, and drinking in establishments where the public is not armed. This is due to the fact that the public does not believe our background checks are sufficient to keep guns out of the hands of nuts.

As the great Johnny Cash used to sing: “Don’t take your guns to town . . . leave your guns at home.”
…or just carry your gun concealed.

Forum List

Back