Gun Laws in Chicago 'Don't Even Exist,' Sputters Clueless Ed Schultz

Yea, see?

I have no agenda bro.

You're too jaded and cynical. Stop imagining what other peoples' "agendas" are.

My agenda is to hit the gym at 4:15 with my friend Jay - come home and cook dinner for the wife and baby (steak for the wife and I, tilapia for the baby), then I'll likely act like a fool to make my daughter giggle for like an hour and a half - chill back with some TV or a video game (Halo IV), and go to bed.

No time for jaded political agendas in my life, that's nutcase shit.

I used to come here to read and sometimes partake in arguments, being that I work from home and am chained to the desk, it helps the time pass.

But more and more, you realize that being overtly political and giving much credence to one side or the other is to be irrational. Mean spirited, mostly and downright cynical.

If you want to chirp and chatter, find someone else. Don't tell me poverty is the reason for govt corruption and crime in big cities.

If you want to be a douche, go ahead and shoot yourself up a Vagina somewhere. Clean it right out.

Poverty is indeed a giant reason for crime. Anyone with a lick of sense knows that.

No, poverty isn't a reason for crime. Greed, drug addiction, alcoholism, gangs, union corruption, police corruption, political corruption. Those are reasons for crime. If poverty was a reason to commit a crime, then why are poor people thrown in jail? Must not be a good reason. Open the vaults and give all the money away to the poor and crime will cease. LOL.

Last edited:
If you want to chirp and chatter, find someone else. Don't tell me poverty is the reason for govt corruption and crime in big cities.

If you want to be a douche, go ahead and shoot yourself up a Vagina somewhere. Clean it right out.

Poverty is indeed a giant reason for crime. Anyone with a lick of sense knows that.

No, poverty isn't a reason for crime. Greed, drug addiction, alcoholism, gangs, union corruption, police corruption, political corruption. Those are reasons for crime. If poverty was a reason to commit a crime, then why are poor people thrown in jail? Must not be a good reason. Dumb ass.

Poverty leads to depression, which leads to drug addiction and alcoholism which leads to crime in the inner city.

Try living there and maybe you can pull your all knowing eyelids back open just a tiny bit.

No, poverty isn't a reason for crime. Greed, drug addiction, alcoholism, gangs, union corruption, police corruption, political corruption. Those are reasons for crime. If poverty was a reason to commit a crime, then why are poor people thrown in jail? Must not be a good reason. Dumb ass.

Poverty leads to depression, which leads to drug addiction and alcoholism which leads to crime in the inner city.

Try living there and maybe you can pull your all knowing eyelids back open just a tiny bit.

Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt. I've been homeless on the streets from Minneapolis to Denver and all points in between. That was over 30 years ago. When two people meet up and one guy sees you have a newer pair of boots than he does and you get drunk with him and pass out and wake up with your new boots gone and old ones with holes in the sole are in their place, did that happen because the other guy was poor? Shoes and boots are free at the Union Gospel Missions. Why would this happen?

Last edited:
Then explain why crime went down when individuals in DC were allowed to own guns.

More Guns, Less Crime
The District of Columbia's murder rate plummeted by an astounding 25 percent last year, much faster than for the US as a whole or for similarly sized cities.​

Don't confuse the mindless with the facts. They want to compare other countries where the culture, way of life, priorities, and enforcement of existing laws are much different. In this country, it's be shown time and agin that the areas with the strictest gun laws have the most violence.

Lie much?

So why do Miami and New Orleans have higher murder rates than Chicago? They are both in states with lax gun control laws. Why does Louisiana lead all states by a wide margin in murder rates? They have some of the most lax gun control laws in the whole county.

Lax ? Hardly. If you are referencing the chart on the site below, which shows the top three cities, New Orleans, Detroit, and Baltimore , all have strict gun laws. Baltimore and Detriot, some of the strictest. Think about it before you call people a liar ...(but not unusual from the mindless )

The Geography of Gun Violence in Cities and Metros - Neighborhoods - The Atlantic Cities

Louisiana is one of the easiest places to get a gun, but that has nothing to do with the laws that enforce their use. Places that actually allow wear and carry, like areas of Texas, has some of the lowest crime stats with guns.

Fact is, the Gun Industry has worked on undermining Chicago's gun laws for years.

When told they couldn't sell guns in Chicago, they set up gun shops in corrupt suburbs like Cicero that opened gun shops that asked very few questions a few blocks from Chicago's border.

It's kind of meaningless to have a "gun free zone" when you can get guns right outside of it....

I'm glad you are all admitting a national gun law is needed.

Except for the fact that Chicago has the one of strickest gun laws in the U.S.

gun_free_zone.jpg

Don't confuse the mindless with the facts. They want to compare other countries where the culture, way of life, priorities, and enforcement of existing laws are much different. In this country, it's be shown time and agin that the areas with the strictest gun laws have the most violence.

Lie much?

So why do Miami and New Orleans have higher murder rates than Chicago? They are both in states with lax gun control laws. Why does Louisiana lead all states by a wide margin in murder rates? They have some of the most lax gun control laws in the whole county.

Lax ? Hardly. If you are referencing the chart on the site below, which shows the top three cities, New Orleans, Detroit, and Baltimore , all have strict gun laws. Baltimore and Detriot, some of the strictest. Think about it before you call people a liar ...(but not unusual from the mindless )

The Geography of Gun Violence in Cities and Metros - Neighborhoods - The Atlantic Cities

Your article mentions nothing of gun laws. Maryland, Michigan and Louisiana have state preemption of gun control laws.

New Orleans has no gun control laws beyond that of Louisiana.
Detroit hasn't required licenses since 2001.
Baltimore has no gun control laws beyond that of Maryland.

Who's the mindless one?

Fact is, the Gun Industry has worked on undermining Chicago's gun laws for years.

When told they couldn't sell guns in Chicago, they set up gun shops in corrupt suburbs like Cicero that opened gun shops that asked very few questions a few blocks from Chicago's border.

It's kind of meaningless to have a "gun free zone" when you can get guns right outside of it....

gun_free_zone.jpg

And New Orleans has lax gun control and a much higher murder rate than Chicago.

[
Hey, dumbass: Cocaine is imported. Guns can be, too. Look at all the US guns Mexico imported from Obama.

I'll bet you even thought you scored a point. Yes, you really ARE that stupid.

And say, why do you want to disarm women? Why do you want more women victimized, you sick bastard?

Guy, having known a few women who've had to bury children who killed themselves with guns they brought for protection, I doubt you are really looking out for women, just hiding behind their skirts.

Cocaine is importated, but it still has to be processed here.

Once you make manufacturing guns impractical (holding gun makers liable for deaths caused by their products would be a great start), you get people disarmed pretty quickly.

Good idea! Then we can hold car manufacturers liable for deaths caused by their products. Agree?

That is because it is meaningless to have gun free zones anywhere.

[
Hey, dumbass: Cocaine is imported. Guns can be, too. Look at all the US guns Mexico imported from Obama.

I'll bet you even thought you scored a point. Yes, you really ARE that stupid.

And say, why do you want to disarm women? Why do you want more women victimized, you sick bastard?

Guy, having known a few women who've had to bury children who killed themselves with guns they brought for protection, I doubt you are really looking out for women, just hiding behind their skirts.

Once you make manufacturing guns impractical (holding gun makers liable for deaths caused by their products would be a great start), you get people disarmed pretty quickly.

Ever heard of a lathe? You gonna outlaw those too?

If we have to...

More than likely, though, if you are going to spend thousands of dollars on a lathe, you aren't going to use it to make a cheap gun that will blow up in someone's face when fired.

Here's the thing. Guns are big business. Once you take the profit out of it, you'd be amazed how fast these big companies that make guns lose interest in "the second amendment".

That is because it is meaningless to have gun free zones anywhere.

You're right. You have to have Gun Free Countries.

Like Japan, UK, France, Germany, Italy- All countries where guns are banned or restricted, and they have few gun crimes.

Ever heard of a lathe? You gonna outlaw those too?

If we have to...

More than likely, though, if you are going to spend thousands of dollars on a lathe, you aren't going to use it to make a cheap gun that will blow up in someone's face when fired.

Here's the thing. Guns are big business. Once you take the profit out of it, you'd be amazed how fast these big companies that make guns lose interest in "the second amendment".
408614_520069141359554_1358765339_n.jpg

Except- and I know that this is something you don't get- ALL of those technological advancements ARE regulated by law.

For instance, Television is governed by the FCC, there are regulations on what can be shown on TV, who can use what frequencies, TV stations are licensed and citizens have the right to legally challenge the license of a TV station.

]

Which is meaningless when you can drive to Cicero, and buy as many guns as you want.

See, here's amap of Cicero, and notice how close to Chicago it is!

Cicero_IL_2009_reference_map.gif

"Baltimore has no gun control laws beyond that of Maryland."

Right, and try to get a carry permit in Maryland. Just about all the bad guys carry them, not the good guys. You can make the stats do what they want. But places that have more liberal carry laws and stricter enforcement of the rules surrounding them, have less problems with the gun violence.

His brain is equal to an ape, that is why he wears diapers 24/7 so he won't shit his pants on the air.

You couldn't pay me to live in Chicago, Detroit, Philly, DC, etc. Something definitely wrong with the culture and the people who live in the cities.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back