Gun Laws in Chicago 'Don't Even Exist,' Sputters Clueless Ed Schultz

Don't confuse the mindless with the facts. They want to compare other countries where the culture, way of life, priorities, and enforcement of existing laws are much different. In this country, it's be shown time and agin that the areas with the strictest gun laws have the most violence.

Lie much?

So why do Miami and New Orleans have higher murder rates than Chicago? They are both in states with lax gun control laws. Why does Louisiana lead all states by a wide margin in murder rates? They have some of the most lax gun control laws in the whole county.

Need to update your stats.
Chicago was 6th, New Orleans 13th and Miami did not make the list.
Homicide rates of large U.S. cities: Homicide rates of large U.S. cities - redeyechicago.com

13th is worst on that list.

I read Detroit has the highest homicide rate of 2012. Doesn't Detroit have strict gun laws?

It has nothing to do with the guns laws.

It has to do with the potency of the criminal elements in said cities.

(again not *for* gun control before the knee jerks chime in)

Don't confuse the mindless with the facts. They want to compare other countries where the culture, way of life, priorities, and enforcement of existing laws are much different. In this country, it's be shown time and agin that the areas with the strictest gun laws have the most violence.

Lie much?

So why do Miami and New Orleans have higher murder rates than Chicago? They are both in states with lax gun control laws. Why does Louisiana lead all states by a wide margin in murder rates? They have some of the most lax gun control laws in the whole county.

Homicide rates of large U.S. cities: Homicide rates of large U.S. cities - redeyechicago.com

You should probably go back to school. Those are in reverse order.

I read Detroit has the highest homicide rate of 2012. Doesn't Detroit have strict gun laws?

This is my take as well. I don't think guns should be banned, just tired of hearing gun supporters spout the same lies over and over.

Lie much?

I wonder if he tried to discredit the source now.

I wonder if he tried to discredit the source now.

It is a poor source. It is just a cross section of some cities compared to Chicago, some with better and others with worse rates. NYC, for example, isn't in the top 25 in the US.

This is my take as well. I don't think guns should be banned, just tired of hearing gun supporters spout the same lies over and over.

I think that they don't realize what it is they're really saying.

By stating the gun control areas have more gun crime, they think that means that guns serve as a deterrant to gun crime.(in non-controlled areas)

What they forget, is the bulk of gun violence in these cities is gun wielding gangsters vs. gun wielding gangsters........i.e. the guns themselves were not a deterrant at all.

Last edited:

That's my point. Instead of trying to control guns, we should be controlling criminals.

But there's no sense in trying to imply correlation between violence and gun control laws.

The violence is occuring where poverty is most prevalent.

That's my point. Instead of trying to control guns, we should be controlling criminals.

But there's no sense in trying to imply correlation between violence and gun control laws.

Get rid of the corrupt unions and politicians in cities like Detroit and Chicago and go after the criminals. Poverty is not the source of crime. No one is starving to death in this country.

Get rid of the corrupt unions and politicians in cities like Detroit and Chicago and go after the criminals. Poverty is not the source of crime. No one is starving to death in this country.

I'm not into political hacksmanship like that.

Any issue that reverts back to political leanings and biases as a source is an issue that will never be resolved. People think they're too "right" and are brick walls to sitting down and stopping being so fucking cynical about everything and everyone who is not like them.

Lie much?

I saw that, read it too fast...... who would have thought that number 1 was actually last.

Any issue that reverts back to political leanings and biases as a source is an issue that will never be resolved. People think they're too "right" and are brick walls to sitting down and stopping being so fucking cynical about everything and everyone who is not like them.

Nothing political about it. Attack govt corruption and criminals. You'll see a drastic reduction in crime.

Nothing political about it. Attack govt corruption and criminals. You'll see a drastic reduction in crime.

It was inherently political by the mention of unions and that noone is starving. Obviously political, actually. "poor people all have big screens and cell phones!" type of political.

Living that life - you see the truth.

The people who have that kind of spite and cynacism for the poor are the people that watch too much television, and begin to believe that the freeloaders and persons taking advantage of the system are the majority - or even more than a tiny fraction.

It was inherently political by the mention of unions and that noone is starving. Obviously political, actually. "poor people all have big screens and cell phones!" type of political.

The people who have that kind of spite and cynacism for the poor are the people that watch too much television, and begin to believe that the freeloaders and persons taking advantage of the system are the majority - or even more than a tiny fraction.

People like you who ignore corruption to achieve your political agenda and then erect straw men like "the poor" and then erect an attitude when you don't even know me are the enemy of a free people. You don't want to address crime and corruption. Your agenda is more important and that is why you are the enemy of free Americans.

People like you who ignore corruption to achieve your political agenda and then erect straw men like "the poor" and then erect an attitude when you don't even know me are the enemy of a free people. You don't want to address crime and corruption. Your agenda is more important and that is why you are the enemy of free Americans.

Yea, see?

I have no agenda bro.

You're too jaded and cynical. Stop imagining what other peoples' "agendas" are.

My agenda is to hit the gym at 4:15 with my friend Jay - come home and cook dinner for the wife and baby (steak for the wife and I, tilapia for the baby), then I'll likely act like a fool to make my daughter giggle for like an hour and a half - chill back with some TV or a video game (Halo IV), and go to bed.

No time for jaded political agendas in my life, that's nutcase shit.

I used to come here to read and sometimes partake in arguments, being that I work from home and am chained to the desk, it helps the time pass.

But more and more, you realize that being overtly political and giving much credence to one side or the other is to be irrational. Mean spirited, mostly and downright cynical.

Yea, see?

I have no agenda bro.

My agenda is to hit the gym at 4:15 with my friend Jay - come home and cook dinner for the wife and baby (steak for the wife and I, tilapia for the baby), then I'll likely act like a fool to make my daughter giggle for like an hour and a half - chill back with some TV or a video game (Halo IV), and go to bed.

I used to come here to read and sometimes partake in arguments, being that I work from home and am chained to the desk, it helps the time pass.

But more and more, you realize that being overtly political and giving much credence to one side or the other is to be irrational. Mean spirited, mostly and downright cynical.

If you want to chirp and chatter, find someone else. Don't tell me poverty is the reason for govt corruption and crime in big cities.

Yea, see?

I have no agenda bro.

If you want to chirp and chatter, find someone else. Don't tell me poverty is the reason for govt corruption and crime in big cities.

If you want to be a douche, go ahead and shoot yourself up a Vagina somewhere. Clean it right out.

Poverty is indeed a giant reason for crime. Anyone with a lick of sense knows that.

Excet disaring citizens reduces gun violence.

Every time it's tried. Japan, theUK, Germany, Italy, France, Canada...

you should move then

Nope, we won the election. That's a license to fix THIS country.

Since the GOP will never win another election on the presidential level, and are rapidly descending to irrelevence, we'll probably fix this country a lot faster now.

Fuck you and the little pony you humped in on. Winning by a tiny fraction doesn't give anyone license to "fix" jack shit. Every president is leader to every citizen. The WE here are all Americans, not just the bed-wetting liberals. What a petty and childish attitude you and the boy king have.

Forum List

Back