CDZ Gun deaths in all states per capita

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in NYC. Right now it takes $400 or so in fees and 3-6 months just to be able to legally purchase a revolver to keep in my own apartment. That's infringement, and that's the minimum the left wants for the rest of the country.
Would you feel safer if anyone in your apartment building could go out and easily buy a gun?

According to the link in the OP, murder rates are increasing and active shooters are becoming more common.

What is your solution to reduce suicide by guns?
I'd like to see a system set up where suicidal people have a way to voluntarily and temporarily hand their guns in for safekeeping until they are better.

---------------------------------------------------
From what I've heard, there is no magic bullet (get it?) but a mesh of gun control measures like they have in CA does work.
Is CA California or Canada?

Either way, the only thing their gun laws achieve is needlessly violating people's civil liberties.

That could still be described as working though, as "violating people's civil liberties for fun" is the only real motive of the people who push these gun control efforts.

I'd like to see a system set up where suicidal people have a way to voluntarily and temporarily hand their guns in for safekeeping until they are better.
If it works, great, but don't we have that system now?

Is CA California or Canada?
Sorry, California

Either way, the only thing their gun laws achieve is needlessly violating people's civil liberties.

That could still be described as working though, as "violating people's civil liberties for fun" is the only real motive of the people who push these gun control efforts.
Are you putting Ronald Reagan in that category?

Fun fact!

Wherever you have high concentrations of non-whites...you have greater violence, and gun violence.

Whether it is African majority sections of NYC, or Chicago, the latino predominant SW, or an Indian Reservation on the Great Plains...non-whites=greater gun violence.

No Blue, No Red, Non-White.

Just the facts:
  • Blue States
  • Purple States
  • Red States

Millions and millions of guns purchased…….Over 20 million people can now carry guns in public for self defense…..

From your link….

How has the rate of U.S. gun deaths changed over time?

While 2020 saw the highest total number of gun deaths in the U.S., this statistic does not take into account the nation’s growing population. On a per capita basis, there were 13.6 gun deaths per 100,000 people in 2020 – the highest rate since the mid-1990s, but still well below the peak of 16.3 gun deaths per 100,000 people in 1974

There is no one simple solution to a complex problem but I think Red Flag laws and registration could help.

How would registration help?

Criminals don’t register their illegal guns…they are not required to register their guns per the Supreme Court ruling Haynes v United States….

Mass public shooters will register their guns on the way to their mass public shooting…..

So, again, what does registration do…exactly?

According to the link in the OP, murder rates are increasing and active shooters are becoming more common.

Hmmmmm..2 mass public shootings in 2020…….6 in 2021…..

out of over 330 million people………

Really? From the actual link….millions and millions of new guns purchased in the last few years……..over 20 million Americans can now carry guns in public for self defense

What happened to the gun murder rate?

The gun murder and gun suicide rates in the U.S. both remain below their peak levels. There were 6.2 gun murders per 100,000 people in 2020, below the rate of 7.2 recorded in 1974.

How do you explain this?

Last edited:
The graph shows a sharp spike in murders under Obama, which is of course to be expected when the Party in power is relying on promoting violence for votes, and shows murder declining under Trump, and then another big spike when Biden runs and the Democrats win the White House, based on promoting violence and hate crimes again.

Research without any attempt to assign a CAUSE. Curious that none of these school shootings we hear about though ever seem to happen in your so-marked red states. Real gun crime in the USA would actually be shockingly low if we just eliminate a handful of key blue cities.
^^^ This. Actually lowering gun crimes would be racist n stuff, so Democrats have no solution; they just ignore the real problems.

There is no one simple solution to a complex problem but I think Red Flag laws and registration could help.
If a background check didn't stop all these recent mass shooters how in the hell is a stupid gun registration going to stop them?

The Bill of Rights doesn't say anything about having to registered to be entitled to the rights. It also doesn't say that you have to get government permission (like a background check) before being allowed to have the right.

You have read the Bill of Rights, haven't you? Do you understand what a Bill of Rights is?

I don't believe the facts back up your premise:
Guns are used in just 6 percent of all suicide attempts, but are responsible for 54 percent of successful suicide attempts. This makes a grim sort of sense: When you shoot a gun into your temple, it does what it’s intended to. That’s why 85 percent of suicide attempts with a firearm are lethal. Just 3 percent of suicide attempts by drug overdose are fatal.​
And?

Suicide is a choice that everyone has the absolute right to make.

As usual the raw statistics are worthless.

It's not until you actually analyze the numbers that you can make any sense of them.

The numbers show that just a handful of ultra-violent areas actually skew the gun violence stats for the entire country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back