Gun death Thread

Can I ask, why? Why are you interested in shootings, and what is the point of the thread?

To illustrate how much gun violence there is in this country.

I am for gun control.

I am for keeping guns out of the hands of felons and crazies. How about finding stories about shootings accompanied by information concerning their legal right to own the weapon used.
I'd be willing to bet that 90% of perps could not legally possess a firearm at the time of the shooting.

Nothing to debate here.

100 million plus Americans exercise their right to own a firearm for self defense.

So, when you get to post number 1 million, you'll have reached the 1% mark.

Good luck.

Only 999,985 posts to go to get to 1% of law abiding gun owners exercising their constitutional right.

The latest polls show that most americans are in favor of some gun control.

Don't panic, nobody's going to take your toys away if you be good boys and girls.

The latest polls show support for gun control dropping back to pre knee-jerk reaction levels.

Democrats are attempting to pivot away from the gun control debate to immigration reform.

100 million lawful gun owners, 300 million legally owned firearms, 10 million semi-automatic rifles.

Regroup with your fellow gun grabbers...salivating over the next opportunity to exploit a tragedy and climb atop the bodies of those murdered by criminals and the mentally ill to press your agenda to disarm law abiding citizens.

Well the people buying guns certainly aren't dropping back.

And they will likely continue to do so for the remainder of the current administration.

When the criminal actions of one crazed madman can be distorted and perverted by gun control fanatics, and the media to be used as an effective tool to deny the constitutional rights of hundreds of millions of law abiding citizens, is it any wonder that those law abiding citizens feel purchases made sooner might be a wise precaution?

Last edited:
227753_476389942398512_506044951_n.png

Lots of new crazies doing copycat rampage shootings today -- the crazy who shot the bus driver and carried a six-year-old boy into his bunker; the Alabama office building shooting, the Chicago shooting.

I suddenly realized reading all this news today where we are headed --- we'll be like Brazil or Mexico, with people constantly kidnapping and robbing everyone with guns everywhere. That's typical of societies all around the world where guns are common. I guess we were halfway between the South American gun-crazed culture and the less violent, more civilized European and Asian cultures, but now we're going down to the lowest common denominator. In gun culture as well as many other ways, such as education, lack of marriage, and so on. A lowest-common-denominator plunge. All the other countries are like that in this hemisphere (except Canada), so it's not really remarkable, I guess. Lots of mayhem and murder coming our way, though, from now on.

Why just "gun" violence and not overall violence rates, which are quite low in America?

Oh, and by the way, gun violence is decreasing in this country and has been for some time.

Prove it. Please, no nra statistics.

Oh, the denial.

That's easy. Lots of sources, including government statistics, prove we're an increasingly safe society.

The violent crime rate - which includes murder, rape, and beatings - is half of what it was in the early 1990s. And the violent crime rate involving the use of weapons has also declined at a similar pace.

5 Facts About Guns, Schools, And Violence - Reason.com

Mass killings are also on the decline:

Mass shootings are no more common than they have been in past decades, despite the impression given by the media. In fact, the high point for mass killings in the U.S. was 1929

The Facts about Mass Shootings - John Fund - National Review Online

And you won't find America among the countries with the highest murder rate per capita:

Murders (per capita) statistics - Countries Compared - NationMaster

The latest stats I've seen place the US at #102 for murder rates per capita. Pardon the wiki reference:

List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of course, there are other ways to look at "violent" crime. Rape is one way and in that case, the US doesn't make the top 50 list of countries with the highest rate of rape per capita:

Rapes (per capita) statistics - countries compared - Crime data on NationMaster

So, not an NRA stat among them. Now what were you saying about denial?

Ok, that's it for this thread, next?

Lots of new crazies doing copycat rampage shootings today -- the crazy who shot the bus driver and carried a six-year-old boy into his bunker; the Alabama office building shooting, the Chicago shooting.

I suddenly realized reading all this news today where we are headed --- we'll be like Brazil or Mexico, with people constantly kidnapping and robbing everyone with guns everywhere. That's typical of societies all around the world where guns are common. I guess we were halfway between the South American gun-crazed culture and the less violent, more civilized European and Asian cultures, but now we're going down to the lowest common denominator. In gun culture as well as many other ways, such as education, lack of marriage, and so on. A lowest-common-denominator plunge. All the other countries are like that in this hemisphere (except Canada), so it's not really remarkable, I guess. Lots of mayhem and murder coming our way, though, from now on.

I find it shocking that so many people are in denial about the gun violence and instead try to derail it into a gun rights persuassion.

Also I find a lot of gun rights activists to be hot tempered. They are not the kind of people I want abusing gun rights,

After a year, won't it be great to add up all the people who have died due to gun violence, and then ask the right wingers (for the billionth time) if your country still doesn't have a problem with guns?

Forum List

Back