Gun control working!

Guns are just a means.
No, guns make it super easy and do far more damage much faster. You know it. Everyone knows it. Wake up. Stop kidding yourself.
Dip shit, People kill people not firearms, firearms have no control over people most people understand that and know that in grade school.
Terrorists much prefer bombs and vehicles

Guns are just a means.
No, guns make it super easy and do far more damage much faster. You know it. Everyone knows it. Wake up. Stop kidding yourself.

Ask the truck driver in nice France about the speed he achieved in taking out 80

Killers kill, they don’t give a damn

As I sit in the second floor of this building here I have no worries of trucks. Don't have it on my boat either. Trucks are very limited and easy to defend, guns aren't.
Bathtubs killed more people than people using Ar15’s… Fact

Prove that it is a consequence of gun control

I'm not even going that far with it. I'm just pointing out that all the regulations you could ever ask for are in place yet the situation there is getting worse. The point is gun control doesn't stop criminals from committing crime. It just makes it harder for everyday people to fight back.
Nobody EVER claimed that gun control can make crime disappear. It's the favorite straw man argument employed in this debate. Gun control at best can mitigate SOME of the consequences of SOME crimes. I've yet to see any actual research that shows that owning a gun has ANY effect on the amount of crimes committed. There is however ample evidence of the LACK of gun control having a negative effect on the amount of fatalities by crime. The US has the highest gun ownership per capita in the world yet surprisingly enough it also has the highest incarceration rate of that Western World so your argument falls flat. Estimated number of guns per capita by country - Wikipedia
List of countries by incarceration rate - Wikipedia

We have the highest incarceration rates in the world because of the war on drugs and systemic racism, not because a bunch of people own guns. If we want to have less people in prison we should create a situation where there isn't a monetary incentive to put people behind bars for nonviolent crimes.
Allow alternative punishments. Not everyone needs to go to prison. If a family discovers a pothead among them, tie the offender up and give 20 lashes with a cat o nine tails. Instant cure for pot use.

I've read your links. Absolutely ZERO of them claim that there is ANY correlation between gun control and the increase in crime. They rather site an increase in gang violence and a decrease in the amount of police officers. So how does this help you?

Law abiding citizens will follow the laws and be unarmed. That makes them easy targets for criminals with guns, knives or superior physical force. It is really not a hard concept.
If that was true, the US would be the safest place on the planet which it simply isn't since it has the highest amount of guns per capita. It occupies the 35th spot on the place with the most crimes per capita. Crime Index by Country 2018

Numbeo ratings are perceived and are not based on actual stats. So I’m not sure how they come up with their numbers. Got anything that has actual real stats?

Look no further than London, England, where civilian firearm ownership is de facto banned. Heck, their dear leader had good common sense to ban not only firearms, but sharp, pointy objects as well.

Sorry, you just can't argue the good results, right?

Through March of 2018:
  • The murder rate is up 44 percent over the last twelve months
  • Violent crime is up 33% over the preceding twelve months
  • Home robbery is also up, by a third
  • Rape is up 18 percent

Guess those 100lb English ladies are finding the notion of fighting off a 250lb rapist with their fists to be a bit of a sticky wicket???

But hey, but at least there's no gun or knife crime, right?
  • Knife crime up 21 percent
  • Shootings up 23 percent from the previous year
  • More

Hmm...

Well, we all know the only reason London sees this crime is because of all the lax gun laws in nearly Indiana...

Oh, wait. Crap. Never mind.

And still, with all these problems, London's murder rate is still lower than 90% of American cities. Go figure.

Guns are just a means.

Ask the truck driver in nice France about the speed he achieved in taking out 80

As I sit in the second floor of this building here I have no worries of trucks. Don't have it on my boat either. Trucks are very limited and easy to defend, guns aren't.

While you sit on the second floor, millions don’t. Killers know this.

It’s not about you, it’s about them.

Guns are just a means.

Distract with a non sequitur! Perfect! When you really, really don't give a damn!

Bull.

Killers kill, they don’t give a shit how they kill, they just do.

Look no further than London, England, where civilian firearm ownership is de facto banned. Heck, their dear leader had good common sense to ban not only firearms, but sharp, pointy objects as well.

Through March of 2018:
  • Rape is up 18 percent

Guess those 100lb English ladies are finding the notion of fighting off a 250lb rapist with their fists to be a bit of a sticky wicket???

• More

Hmm...

Well, we all know the only reason London sees this crime is because of all the lax gun laws in nearly Indiana...

And still, with all these problems, London's murder rate is still lower than 90% of American cities. Go figure.

And going up. Must mean you want ours to rise as well.

That is your logic after all.

Guns are just a means.

How do you know someone is not settling no a pipe bomb? Plan on taking the trash out or getting the mail? How do you know a knife wheeling maniac is out in the halls ready to start slashing anyone he sees?
Yeah, gotta love that desperate whataboutism! QUICK! RUN! Someone could drop a ONE TON weight on your head any minute now!

England banned guns. Murder rate rose.

Pianos didn’t kill those folks, did they?

I see. So let's make it easy as possible for anyone to kill loads of people at a moments notice. Legalize home and concealed carry nukes. School shootings and murder rates will surely go down.
Seriously, that's your stupid argument in a nutshell, right? Give up. Chaos. Survival of the fittest. Species progress! Kids be damned!

Through March of 2018:
  • Rape is up 18 percent

• More

Hmm...

Hmms, so before last year England didn't have strict gun control? Your stats, which you didn't source btw all speak about an increase this year. How does that help your argument?

Gun laws do not lower the murder rate
Gun laws do not lower the crime rate

I see. So let's make it easy as possible for anyone to kill loads of people at a moments notice. Legalize home and concealed carry nukes. School shootings and murder rates will surely go down.
Seriously, that's your stupid argument in a nutshell, right? Give up. Chaos. Survival of the fittest. Species progress! Kids be damned!

What the hell are you ranting about?

Would banning guns have stopped this?

CRASH INTO BESSEMER RESTAURANT: Father arrested after crashing into restaurant, killing deputy daughter

Or are we going back to how guns make it easier for a killer to kill crap?

Yet, the London murder rate is up 44%, yet you continue to ignore the rise in violent crime both in the UK, and Australia.

London murder rates surged by 44 per cent last year and knife crime soared in capital, new figures show

What does "up 44%" mean?

If there's 1 murder a year, and you go up 44% then there's 1.44 murders a year. If you compare that to a city which had 1000 murders a year and saw it's murder rate drop 44%, it's still got a hell of a lot more murders.

The source you quoted says there were 157 murders last year.

London's murder rate is lower than the USA's 50 largest cities | Metro News

"London’s murder rate is lower than the USA’s 50 largest cities"

"
In the year ending on March 31 2018, London had a murder rate of 1.8 per 100,000 people"

"
In comparison, San Diego in California, the safest of America’s 50 largest cities, had a murder rate of 2.2."

Yet, the London murder rate is up 44%, yet you continue to ignore the rise in violent crime both in the UK, and Australia.

London murder rates surged by 44 per cent last year and knife crime soared in capital, new figures show

What does "up 44%" mean?

If there's 1 murder a year, and you go up 44% then there's 1.44 murders a year. If you compare that to a city which had 1000 murders a year and saw it's murder rate drop 44%, it's still got a hell of a lot more murders.

The source you quoted says there were 157 murders last year.

London's murder rate is lower than the USA's 50 largest cities | Metro News

"London’s murder rate is lower than the USA’s 50 largest cities"

"
In the year ending on March 31 2018, London had a murder rate of 1.8 per 100,000 people"

"
In comparison, San Diego in California, the safest of America’s 50 largest cities, had a murder rate of 2.2."

It's the statistic that should cause pause, not the number.

You actually trying to defend that a gun ban increasing murder rates is laughable

No comrade, you really don't see.

That you think bad people intent on killing others will be deterred by yet another gun law is laughable. That you're okay allowing good people to be vulnerable to such evil makes you, well, evil.

Care to show us a correlation between nuclear arms and school shootings and murder rates? Good lord you're dense.

So no, that's not my argument, but you were saying something about stupid?

Kids be damned? You want to prevent good people from being able to protect those kids. You know damn well another gun control law will not stop bad people from getting guns (Paris anyone? Norway?). So yes, you are in fact advocating that kids be damned. Shame on you.

Yes......it isn't the number of guns that causes gun death.....thanks for seeing the light...
So why do ALL developed nations have a LOWER amount of gun deaths per capita?
Suicides do not count...

I don't see why they don't count but it still doesn't make an iota of difference to the argument. The US comfortably leads in INTENTIONAL gun deaths too, among developed nations.

And the UK gun ban led to them leading in knifed to death deaths, do you think you can stop people from killing by banning their method? :itsok:

If I give a statistic siting intentional homicide rates, something that the US leads in among developed nations, why do you think this excludes knives?List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia

Well, if we define "developed countries" as those that have lower homicide rates than the US, then yes, you'd be right.

Of course, that's a fake stat made up to support your bias.

Looking at all countries, the US doesn't make the list of the top 100 countries by murder rate (currently at 126), despite all those firearms we possess.

Hmm...

It's the statistic that should cause pause, not the number.
Say WHAA??
UK-Firearm-Homicide-Rate.png

OMG, look! There was like a 100% increase from 1999 to 2001 where they had a whopping 0.185 firearm homicides PER 100,000 PEOPLE! Years after "the gun ban"! Holy crap that's a significant fractional person increase!

In other news, again, thanks to all your insufferably innumerate gun stroking, Republicans increasingly favor gun control. Please continue! Change nothing! By the way, this looks like the actual me:

Clint-Eastwood-.jpg

Intimidating? DEAL WITH IT.

Guns are just a means.
Dip shit, People kill people not firearms, firearms have no control over people most people understand that and know that in grade school.
Terrorists much prefer bombs and vehicles
Oh, another non sequitur.. shocking! Here son, hold on tight as I lead you to coherence:

Guns make it super easy [for people to kill people] and do far more damage much faster. You know it. Everyone knows it. Wake up. Stop kidding yourself.

You sound like a real nut. Quick, a bunch people have crowded around you and they're really pissing you off now. You have a knife, semi tractor, and an AR-15 with tons of ammo. Which do you choose?

That you think bad people intent on killing others will be deterred by yet another gun law is laughable. That you're okay allowing
More non sequitur blaa, blaa, blaa... That you rubes never think up any new material is what's truly laughable,... yet sad in a pathetic sort of way...

Forum List

Back