Guess who the tariff's are hurting the most??? There is a GOD!!

I had to buy a battery for my truck tonight. I was stranded at a parking lot. Luckily, about 200 yds away was an Autozone. I purchased their cheapest battery for it. A year ago, that same battery would have been 48 bucks. But due to the Tariffs, it cost me 99 bucks. China did not pay for that extra 50 bucks, I paid that extra 50 bucks. China is NOT paying for it, the US Citizens are paying for it. We are involved in a Taxation without Representation. Didn't we fight a war over that a few hundred years ago?

Well that weird....Trumps tariffs only caused a 10% increase in car batteries.

I had to buy a battery for my truck tonight. I was stranded at a parking lot. Luckily, about 200 yds away was an Autozone. I purchased their cheapest battery for it. A year ago, that same battery would have been 48 bucks. But due to the Tariffs, it cost me 99 bucks. China did not pay for that extra 50 bucks, I paid that extra 50 bucks. China is NOT paying for it, the US Citizens are paying for it. We are involved in a Taxation without Representation. Didn't we fight a war over that a few hundred years ago?

Hmmm, batteries have been over 100 bucks for quite a number of years. I would like to see your receipt
Lefties and their fish tales. I don't trust them.

A year ago, truck batteries cost $48 . . . yea, right.

I can't help it that you are a crappy shopper.

You are going to have to back that one up with a cite. I am not usually one to yell Cite, Cite, Cite but on this one, you need to back up your statement.

You are going to have to back that one up with a cite. I am not usually one to yell Cite, Cite, Cite but on this one, you need to back up your statement.

A simple Google search will set you free....

He made the statement. He needs to back it up. If I made such a claim, you would be all over me to provide a cite. Well, get on with it. Circle your wagon or did the mule die again.

He made the statement. He needs to back it up. If I made such a claim, you would be all over me to provide a cite. Well, get on with it. Circle your wagon or did the mule die again.

Sorry,He as in Me made the statement.
You're not smart enough to know who you're posting to apparently.
I guess it should come as no surprise you cant accomplish a simple Google search.

I guess it should come as no surprise you cant accomplish a simple Google search.

What you are telling me is, that you just made it up and now you are trying to cover the lie up. Here are some cites just for you.
Trump tariffs on Mexican lead batteries could be good news for US battery makers, says analyst - Batteries International

The Projected Tariff on Mexico Batteries was 25% in Oct. And it went up again in the middle of December. The trade deal has not been signed so the tariffs are in full force. That means that it's even higher than 25% today.

Backfire Economics - Trump's 25% auto tariffs could cost 715K US jobs, reduce new cars sales by 2M | American Enterprise Institute - AEI
China was hit with the same Tariffs. Your 10% is way off. As of Jan 1, the Tariffs are 25%. And that is a low estimate.

And that is just from the first page on the Google Search Engine. Now, don't you feel foolish? Had enough?

What you are telling me is, that you just made it up and now you are trying to cover the lie up. Here are some cites just for you.
Trump tariffs on Mexican lead batteries could be good news for US battery makers, says analyst - Batteries International

The Projected Tariff on Mexico Batteries was 25% in Oct. And it went up again in the middle of December. The trade deal has not been signed so the tariffs are in full force. That means that it's even higher than 25% today.

Backfire Economics - Trump's 25% auto tariffs could cost 715K US jobs, reduce new cars sales by 2M | American Enterprise Institute - AEI
China was hit with the same Tariffs. Your 10% is way off. As of Jan 1, the Tariffs are 25%. And that is a low estimate.

And that is just from the first page on the Google Search Engine. Now, don't you feel foolish? Had enough?

8 Products That Soon May Cost More Due to Trump’s Tariffs

"It will cost more to keep your car in top shape. A tariff of 10% is being added to Chinese-made parts, so expect to see auto parts stores impose an increase of about 10% for a new battery or spark plugs. Automobile dealers will pay more, too, so they’ll pass that on to car owners and tack some extra on top of it."

"It will cost more to keep your car in top shape. A tariff of 10% is being added to Chinese-made parts, so expect to see auto parts stores impose an increase of about 10% for a new battery or spark plugs. Automobile dealers will pay more, too, so they’ll pass that on to car owners and tack some extra on top of it."

In October, 15% was added. In December (actually Jan 1) another 25% was added. And now, according to your link, we can add another 10% on top of that. That's a running total (using bad math) of 50%. Isn't that what I already said?

When you add more tariff, you don't negate what's already on the Tariff. It's cumulative. No wonder the US Economy is in such fire need of a good Bl)))j))))

I don't why you stupid Moon Bats don't love tariffs. Tariffs are taxes and the stupid Moon Bats love increased taxes more than life itself. More money coming into the filthy Federal government to fund welfare and Illegals and give money to the Muslims.

Why are the Libtards bitching about things they love so much?

In October, 15% was added. In December (actually Jan 1) another 25% was added. And now, according to your link, we can add another 10% on top of that. That's a running total (using bad math) of 50%. Isn't that what I already said?

When you add more tariff, you don't negate what's already on the Tariff. It's cumulative. No wonder the US Economy is in such fire need of a good Bl)))j))))

And you're full of shit.
I buy batteries on a regular basis for trolling motors.
The price hasnt gone up anywhere near 50%.
And I've never spent less than a hundred bucks for a truck battery.
You can buy a car battery for fifty bucks though.

Hmmm, batteries have been over 100 bucks for quite a number of years. I would like to see your receipt

I don't pay retail. Haven't for years. If I am paying 99 bucks for a battery, you are going to pay at least a 150 for the same battery.

I don't pay retail either. Your claim however, is still bullshit. Car battery prices have been well over 100 bucks, wholesale, for years.

No, but you can stop lying. Show your receipt for a $99 battery. That is still lower than any place here in the west.

And you're full of shit.

There is no difference between my "Truck" battery and the battery that goes to a Ford 500. When I say Truck, I am talking about a F-250 with a 5.8L (351C) engine. And I paid 99 bucks at Autozone last night and that does not include the core charge. That was their "Economy" battery. I was between a rock and hard place and needed a battery and they were within walking distance. I usually us my business account at a battery shop and pay half of the retail price but emergencies do happen. I am shocked that the general public pay that much for such a cheap battery.

You can tell my anything you want but experience tells me something different. When your vehicle is stalled half out of a parking space, you do what you have to do.

And you're full of shit.

There is no difference between my "Truck" battery and the battery that goes to a Ford 500. When I say Truck, I am talking about a F-250 with a 5.8L (351C) engine. And I paid 99 bucks at Autozone last night and that does not include the core charge. That was their "Economy" battery. I was between a rock and hard place and needed a battery and they were within walking distance. I usually us my business account at a battery shop and pay half of the retail price but emergencies do happen. I am shocked that the general public pay that much for such a cheap battery.

You can tell my anything you want but experience tells me something different. When your vehicle is stalled half out of a parking space, you do what you have to do.

So, you bought at Autozone, which is retail, and you can't present a receipt. Got it. Two lies in two posts.

I don't pay retail. Haven't for years. If I am paying 99 bucks for a battery, you are going to pay at least a 150 for the same battery.

I don't pay retail either. Your claim however, is still bullshit. Car battery prices have been well over 100 bucks, wholesale, for years.

If the battery is 99 bucks Retail, that means with a 40 markup, the wholesale price is around 49. That's not 40 percent. That's now how a 40 markup works. But since you have never had the background I don't expect you to understand. I would have bought a better battery for 79 bucks wholesale. But, short on cash, I needed a battery now and from the store I purchased it from. At the end of the month, I get the battery I really need and I very well may have to pay 99 bucks for it wholesale but the warren-tee is for 6 years not 3 months like the one I had to purchase. But it will give me a spare in the Shed for emergencies.

No, but you can stop lying. Show your receipt for a $99 battery. That is still lower than any place here in the west.

I won't play your game. I know what I paid. I don't have a damned thing to prove to anyone. I already showed where the Tariff on the Batteries hit 50% as of Jan 1 from before Oct 1. You got caught in a lie. Sorry, you can't do the old "Hey, look over there" routine on this one. Before Oct 1, that 99 buck battery would have been a 49 dollar battery without the tariffs. Do the math. And stop giving Rump a free ride on this one. China isn't paying the Tariffs. I am.

If the battery is 99 bucks Retail, that means with a 40 markup, the wholesale price is around 49. That's not 40 percent. That's now how a 40 markup works. But since you have never had the background I don't expect you to understand. I would have bought a better battery for 79 bucks wholesale. But, short on cash, I needed a battery now and from the store I purchased it from. At the end of the month, I get the battery I really need and I very well may have to pay 99 bucks for it wholesale but the warren-tee is for 6 years not 3 months like the one I had to purchase. But it will give me a spare in the Shed for emergencies.

Show your receipt. I just had to buy a truck battery my own self, like a week ago, and it was 140 bucks retail. I got it for less, but that's the base retail price.

What you described in your initial lie was a 100% increase in price, which is ridiculous.

I am glad to work surrounded by the best avocados. Mexican avos are the worst.
Some idiot responded to this thread back in June saying the farmers should just suck it up, as they should only be producing for the American Market. I don't know where these hardcore right-wing people come from.
They're obviously just a bunch of stinky old clueless farts that have been hanging out here 1/4-1/2 of their rotten ass lives.
The only thing they know how to grow is the mold between their ears.
Those farmers that sit around collecting Trump welfare sound like they need some alternatives besides waiting for Trumps amazing deal making skills. What they lost will most likely never be recovered. I'm sure they secretly say to each other is they got fucked. Big time.
Dufus, I hope you enjoyed the bacon, eggs, milk, corn, beans and post toasties. You can thank the farmers, Big Don closed the markets to, you ungrateful ass. They are Americans. Are you?
You got me all wrong there panty boy.
if I mistook your previous reply, you have my apologies. Panty boy, hmn. That a decent two word short insult. I' use it sometime.

Forum List

Back