Guess What? Pro-Lifers are not Racketeers!

Nienna

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2005
Ohio
Who knew? The granny who holds up a poster across the street from an abortion clinic is not an organized crime mogul!

It is over. The Supreme Court of the United States has delivered a major victory for the pro-life movement - putting an end to the marathon ''R.I.C.O.'' abortion case.

We went before the high court as Counsel of Record for one of several pro-life defendants in this case, and the Justices voted unanimously in our favor - ruling that the federal R.I.C.O. law does NOT apply to pro-life demonstrators. (It was intended by Congress to apply to drug dealers, racketeers, and organized crime!)

This enormous win removes the cloud that has been hanging over pro-life demonstrators for nearly two decades, as pro-abortion groups have repeatedly sued in hopes of criminalizing pro-life demonstrations.

Thank you for standing with the ACLJ so consistently and patiently through this long and difficult process. The years of work, prayer, planning, and preparation have finally paid off.

Please keep praying and supporting all of our pro-life efforts, as we strive to protect the lives of unborn babies and see an end to abortion in this country!

For more details on this Supreme Court victory visit www.aclj.org.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
mom4 said:
Who knew? The granny who holds up a poster across the street from an abortion clinic is not an organized crime mogul!

It is over. The Supreme Court of the United States has delivered a major victory for the pro-life movement - putting an end to the marathon ''R.I.C.O.'' abortion case.

We went before the high court as Counsel of Record for one of several pro-life defendants in this case, and the Justices voted unanimously in our favor - ruling that the federal R.I.C.O. law does NOT apply to pro-life demonstrators. (It was intended by Congress to apply to drug dealers, racketeers, and organized crime!)

This enormous win removes the cloud that has been hanging over pro-life demonstrators for nearly two decades, as pro-abortion groups have repeatedly sued in hopes of criminalizing pro-life demonstrations.

Thank you for standing with the ACLJ so consistently and patiently through this long and difficult process. The years of work, prayer, planning, and preparation have finally paid off.

Please keep praying and supporting all of our pro-life efforts, as we strive to protect the lives of unborn babies and see an end to abortion in this country!

For more details on this Supreme Court victory visit www.aclj.org.

I was very happy to hear the courts finally undid what Seargent Janet Reno did back in the 90s, leave it to that administration to equate peaceful pro-life protests to old Rico laws.

Bonnie said:
I was very happy to hear the courts finally undid what Seargent Janet Reno did back in the 90s, leave it to that administration to equate peaceful pro-life protests to old Rico laws.

and if anyone is guilty of violating the RICO statues...look no farther than the ACLU...damn wish I were still active and in the loop..this would be my priority!

archangel said:
and if anyone is guilty of violating the RICO statues...look no farther than the ACLU...damn wish I were still active and in the loop..this would be my priority!

Now that would be intersting to see, the ACLU charged as organized crime. I should live that long LOL

Probably abortion supporters weren't keen on pushing this one: it's so obviously over the top. But not completely out of line with today's politics. Take a politically incorrect stand, and you're charged as a 'criminal' by the system, put in jail, fired, you name it.

Can anyone think of liberal activists who end up on the receiving end of this treatment?

I'd very much like to see RICO type laws enacted in my country but the problem is that they quickly turn into political tools and are liable to be abused by politicians of all persuasions. I remember reading about the RICO laws in the US when they were first instituted and thinking it was a great new weapon in the LE arsenal but abuse - by either right or left type governments - can only lead to juries being very wary of their use and a tendency to acquit crooks who deserve to go away for a long time.

Forum List

Back