Guess I know what"fair share"means now

Why not all of it.............LOL..............

Then they can decide who is worthy of getting some back.............:haha:

You guys do understand marginal tax rates, right?
Nah..........Not really.....................which is why I want a Flat Tax...............because I'm too freaking stupid to do a tax return...........................

Just saying.........................

Nah..........Not really.....................which is why I want a Flat Tax...............because I'm too freaking stupid to do a tax return...........................

Just so you know, if you make less than about a hundred grand a year, odds are you'll end up owing more with a "flat tax" than you would now.

Just so you know, if you make less than about a hundred grand a year, odds are you'll end up owing more with a "flat tax" than you would now.
Doubt it...........and even if your correct it would simplify the whole sheebang...............No more complaining about who's not paying or abusing the loop holes...............It would be fair across the board.........and would end the use of the IRS tax code from hell............No more excuses.........no more loop holes.............file the taxes on a post card..............

I do my own taxes and have been for a very long time............after getting audited by the state when I used a CPA firm that screwed my taxes up............

So?

By definition a flat tax is fair all we have to do is decide what percentage of income is a "fair share" and my percentage should not be any more or less than anyone else's

I like Bernie - especially his honesty - but he's engaging in static analysis here.

The global economy of today is nearly indistinguishable from that of the 50's.

Unless other countries followed suit, we'd see some serious drain here.

Of course, other countries could follow suit.

In the end he is playing politics in trying to steal the poor class along with whatever large blocks of ignorance that is in all of the other classes.

He knows how the political game is played.

His stupid followers will follow mindlessly as they cheer for the artificial inflation of the stock market under Obama through ZIRP.

Where are all the Dembulbs that were all about "fair share" a month ago.
I realize that it's crazy Uncle Bernie and not Hilderbeast but he IS singing your song

So what....The main idea of a flat tax is that so those with no skin in the game pay their share of the freight.

For Sanders, that’s combatting income inequality. “If you have seen a massive transfer of wealth from the middle class to the top tenth of one percent, you’ve got to transfer that back,” he told Harwood.

Bernie Sanders Would Tax The Income Of The Wealthiest Americans At 90 Percent ThinkProgress
No such transfer has ever happened.
Another cold reality that debunks the issue of soaking the rich to end the wealth gap is that taxation for punishment will never result in money being put in anyone's pockets except those of the government. And that is destined to be short term as those with money will find shelter for it.

Forum List

Back