Group presses Paraguay to allow abortion for raped girl, 10

Brian_1349

Mar 22, 2015
(CNN) - An international rights group is pressing the Paraguayan government to allow an abortion for a 10-year-old girl who allegedly was impregnated by her stepfather -- a procedure that health officials in the South American country have so far blocked.

Paraguay blocks abortion request for raped girl 10 - CNN.com

The real face of pro-life stance. Life is so diverse you cannot judge all people based on ultimate moral standards, especially when they are not widely accepted. That's why it is called pro-choice. We do not say terminating a pregnancy is something good. But sometimes you have to do something bad in order to help someone.

I would agree that the age of the girl would qualify by itself as a health issue.

Indeed, I am somewhat shocked that anyone with any medical background would not know that.

i often worry why the unborn child has to be punished for the sins of the father? true pro lifers would object to aborting any fetus

i often worry why the unborn child has to be punished for the sins of the father? true pro lifers would object to aborting any fetus

THe idea, normally, is that the act of carrying the child of the rapist will be a terrible hardship for the mother.

A reasonable issue, IMO.

why would carrying the child of a rapist be more traumatic than killing ones fetus? in the long run....i watched an interesting doc about the children of rape and incest..granted it had a horrible religious spin on it...but the points made were still valid...

Forum List

Back