Grimes refuses to answer whether she voted for Obama

NLT

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2011
Grimes refuses to answer whether she voted for Obama -- four times Fox News

In this Aug. 20, 2014 file photo, Kentucky Democratic Senate candidate Alison Lundergan Grimes speaks in Louisville, Ky. (AP)

Democratic Senate candidate Alison Lundergan Grimes refused to answer whether she voted for Barack Obama not one, not two, but four times during an interview Thursday.

“I respect the sanctity of the ballot box, and I know the members of this editorial board do as well,” Grimes said.

So you’re not going to answer?” the interviewer asked.

“Again, I don’t think that the president is on the ballot, as much as Mitch McConnell might want him to be,” Grimes said. “It’s my name, and it’s going to be me who’s holding him accountable for the failed decisions and votes that he has made against the people of Kentucky.”

Grimes has repeatedly refused to answer questions about her voting record and has made efforts to distance herself from President Obama.

:lmao::lol::rofl:

Chuck Todd Alison Lundergan Grimes Has Disqualified Herself

Chuck Todd: Alison Lundergan Grimes Has 'Disqualified Herself'

The idea of -- I'm sorry even to say you regret your vote that would almost seem as disingenuous," Todd said. "But that is -- can Kentuckyians expect her to cast a tough vote on anything? Is she ever going to answer a tough question on anything? You want to be a U.S. Senator? If you can't say -- if you can't find a way to stand behind your party's president, you can disagree with him but can't answer that basic question and come across looking ridiculous. I think she disqualified herself."

There goes Kentucky bitches:banana:

I am sure she did. That being said, it isn't any of their business.

Whether it is or not, the fact that she is unable to say "Yes I did, but I regret it", most likely means she did NOT vote for Obama and fears being targeted by fellow democrats.

What is the point of the question?

To honor Obama's statement that all of his policies are on the ballot this fall.
Obama's statement about the ballot is that all of the things he would like to do are on the ballot. Hack partisans have edited his speech to make it look like his past is on the ballot.

Do you know what those things Obama wants to do are? I bet not.

In not answering the way she did she answered the question.
Of course she voted for the guy...Duh!

She would have been better served if she just answered the ?...
She was so concerned about her answer being used as a sound bite she totally screwed up.

It is a good bet that Grimes, if elected, will vote what her party leadership dictates. She will probably be near 100 percent in alignment with the party on Senate votes.

The same can be said about McConnell. In fact, he WILL be 100 percent because he is the guy who will be doing the dictating.

But McConnell and the GOP have no plans for anything. They only know how to fearmonger and oppose. If they do have solutions to our problems, it is one of the world's best kept secrets because no one on this forum has ever been able to tell me when directly asked specific policy questions.

What is the point of the question?

To honor Obama's statement that all of his policies are on the ballot this fall.
Obama's statement about the ballot is that all of the things he would like to do are on the ballot. Hack partisans have edited his speech to make it look like his past is on the ballot.

Do you know what those things Obama wants to do are? I bet not.

Here's what he said. Judge it for yourself.

"I am not on the ballot this fall … But make no mistake: these policies are on the ballot - every single one of them."

Whether it is or not, the fact that she is unable to say "Yes I did, but I regret it", most likely means she did NOT vote for Obama and fears being targeted by fellow democrats.

I am not sure why she didn't answer the question. I would have told them that it is none of their damn business and left it at that.

I am not sure why she didn't answer the question. I would have told them that it is none of their damn business and left it at that.

It would have had the same effect. Politicians will dump on their own grandmother (see Obama's quote about his being a typical white person) if they think it will help them in a campaign. I absolutely believe this one would be shouting it loud and proud that she voted for Obama (whether she actually did or not) if she thought it would help her. Obviously, she doesn't think that.

It is a good bet that Grimes, if elected, will vote what her party leadership dictates. She will probably be near 100 percent in alignment with the party on Senate votes.

The same can be said about McConnell. In fact, he WILL be 100 percent because he is the guy who will be doing the dictating.

But McConnell and the GOP have no plans for anything. They only know how to fearmonger and oppose. If they do have solutions to our problems, it is one of the world's best kept secrets because no one on this forum has ever been able to tell me when directly asked specific policy questions.

I keep hearing that the GOP does nothing...
Can you explain away the over 300 bills passed in the House that Harry Reid wiped his ass with.
There wasn't one bill in there that deserved a debate on the floor of the Senate.

A waste of time many would say.
So they did nothing..

And the lefties bitch about the do nothing Congress.

why-is-yawning-contagious01.jpg

And Republicans didn't invite Bush to their last convention. That's politics.

Forum List

Back