Greg Mueller: Cain Won the Debate (Romney Also)

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Well respected GOP strategist said Cain and Romney won!!!

Debate Shows Romney Lacks Party Majority - Bloomberg
“I think Romney and Cain win,” said Greg Mueller, president of CRC Public Relations and a Republican strategist who is close to the anti-tax Tea Party movement. “Romney, because this is yet another debate in which none of the other candidates challenged his past record more broadly.”

‘9-9-9’
Cain scored well, Mueller said, because much of the debate focused on his tax proposal, nicknamed “9-9-9.” It was mentioned 15 times.

“When all the other candidates are talking about your plan, and you defend it well, which he did, you win. The others look envious,” said Mueller, who isn’t affiliated with a campaign.

The biggest focus of the Bloomberg ECONOMIC debate was on Cain's brilliant 9-9-9 plan!

No one else's plan was really mentioned other than Cain bring up Romney's 51 point plan which Romney could only speak in generalizations of! Perry ONCE AGAIN deferred saying he doesn't have an economic plan yet! Good job W, I mean Perry!

Um. so who won? Cain or Romney?

Personally I think Romney because he didn't slip and he will get a bump from the Christie endorsement!

But....Romney keeps getting softball questions....and never, never gets one about his belief in AGW....I believe
the Left wants Romney as the candidate...

...and, the 9-9-9 is a loser....

it would greatly increase taxes for most.

At $60,000, an earner pays about 6-7% currently.
Now it would be closer to 18%.

When Cain explains how the average worker pay 15% in payroll taxes, like he claims repeatedly, then I will start taking him seriously.

Take your user's name advice and stop being stupid!

You never fail GHook. If I post in a thread where you have posted, you negative rep me every time. Did I sleep with your wife or something?

As for my post, neg rep me all you want, it doesn't change reality. Cain has mentioned a 15% payroll tax on workers multiple times without ever explaining where he got that number. He mentioned it again last night in the debate and ZERO people challenged him on it.

I like Cain (and yes I know you will neg rep me for liking your guy), but he needs to explain his numbers. That's all I'm saying.

Um. so who won? Cain or Romney?

Personally I think Romney because he didn't slip and he will get a bump from the Christie endorsement!

But....Romney keeps getting softball questions....and never, never gets one about his belief in AGW....I believe
the Left wants Romney as the candidate...

...and, the 9-9-9 is a loser....

it would greatly increase taxes for most.

At $60,000, an earner pays about 6-7% currently.
Now it would be closer to 18%.

I think if people see that lowering the employers, small business owners, S-Corps and C-Corps taxes, creating stability DRAMASTICALLY will create an economic boom and hiring boom, I think a lot of people throughout the economic spectrum will vote for him!

I think when people realize the capital gains, death tax (which would be nice because my pops is a millionaire), PAYROLL TAX and income tax will be at ONLY 9% most people will cherish that.

I think when people see that corporate loopholes close they will be very happy.

I think when people see retail prices DECREASING, since, even with the sales tax, the tax costs aren't pushed onto the consumer by the corporations they will be happy.

When people see the 9-9-9 along with many other business friendly Cain proposal start bring manufacturing and R&D jobs back to America people will be happy!

When Cain explains how the average worker pay 15% in payroll taxes, like he claims repeatedly, then I will start taking him seriously.

Take your user's name advice and stop being stupid!

You never fail GHook. If I post in a thread where you have posted, you negative rep me every time. Did I sleep with your wife or something?

As for my post, neg rep me all you want, it doesn't change reality. Cain has mentioned a 15% payroll tax on workers multiple times without ever explaining where he got that number. He mentioned it again last night in the debate and ZERO people challenged him on it.

I like Cain (and yes I know you will neg rep me for liking your guy), but he needs to explain his numbers. That's all I'm saying.

Could be that GB avatar! Maybe Rodgers envy. I think you are right I will lay off!

So what is the definition of "payroll taxes"? FICA? Local withholding taxes? State withholding taxes? Federal withholding taxes? Union dues? Health insurance premiums?

People use the phrase "payroll taxes" in many different ways. It seems to me that ANYTHING that subtracts from my "gross" pay is a "payroll tax".

So what is the definition of "payroll taxes"? FICA? Local withholding taxes? State withholding taxes? Federal withholding taxes? Union dues? Health insurance premiums?

People use the phrase "payroll taxes" in many different ways. It seems to me that ANYTHING that subtracts from my "gross" pay is a "payroll tax".

They do use it in many different ways. But, when talking about Federal taxes, which is what Cain's plan targets, it is clearly a 6.2% tax that is matched by the employer.

This will be a first: you are correct. The 15.3% is the 'contribution' of the employer, covering both sides of the tax...as follows:

"If you work for an employer, the employer deducts payroll taxes before you get your paycheck and then sends the money on to the federal government. The taxes pay for Social Security and Medicare; it's listed as FICA on your pay stub. Typically, workers pay 6.2 percent of their first $106,800 in earnings for Social Security taxes, and they pay 1.45 percent on all their earnings for Medicare hospital coverage. That’s a total of 7.65 percent in payroll taxes for workers making less than $106,800.

But the employer also has to match those taxes, bringing total contributions on behalf of an individual to 12.4 percent for Social Security and 2.9 percent for Medicare. That means total payroll taxes for each worker reach 15.3 percent, the number Cain mentioned.

So most workers see only about half the amount Cain mentioned deducted from their paychecks."
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-cain-said-workers-now-pay-153-percent-payro/

Additionally, the 9% federal sales tax would be on top of local/state tax.

The biggest focus of the Bloomberg ECONOMIC debate was on Cain's brilliant 9-9-9 plan!

No one else's plan was really mentioned other than Cain bring up Romney's 51 point plan which Romney could only speak in generalizations of! Perry ONCE AGAIN deferred saying he doesn't have an economic plan yet! Good job W, I mean Perry!
What had the rest of the potential nominees so flustered is that they are stuck in an existing failed 100 year-old 'BOX' of thinking...conventional wisdom...as Herman was building a new box that they just couldn't bring themselves to wrap thier arms around.

But why would they? They are wanting to put band-aids on a system that already is in a full body cast, and are threatened by new and bold thinking.

Cain's 9 9 9 plan made him and looks like it will also help destroy him. Simple fact, it will never pass.
Alot of people like it because it is bold and different...and the fact the present system has been a failure and a tool for legalized government theft at the expense of those of us whom pay the bills and are tired of government waste, fraud, abuse.

Cain's 9 9 9 plan made him and looks like it will also help destroy him. Simple fact, it will never pass.
Alot of people like it because it is bold and different...and the fact the present system has been a failure and a tool for legalized government theft at the expense of those of us whom pay the bills and are tired of government waste, fraud, abuse.

The problem with the 999 plan for Cain is it's very debatable if it will be good or bad for the country, on top of the fact he will never get it passed Congress makes people want to know where he stands on other issues... Then that's the end of Cain, he has no other stance on any issue that matters. Others are running his numbers as he asked and are finding a different story, Cain’s response “You’re wrong.” Wow…

So a Herman Cain President won't be much different than Bush or Obama at this point.

I need to know Cain's stance on foreign policy, he has said he does not care and will figure it out after he is President, fuuuuck that. “Ask my Generals” is Cain’s response to foreign policy… Well then maybe they should run for President along with your advisors so we have a clue as to what direction the country will be haded…

I need to know what Cain would do if he can't get 999 past as far as taxes...
Where does Cain stand on the deficit and the budget when he fully believes in the Fed and the system we have now and their spending trillions. Cain supports TARP and Bail outs??? Cain likes Greenspan!

How does Cain purpose we get rid of bad regulations past saying what I just said, making him no different than "some conservative" off the street?

Why does Cain seem illiterate on a few parts of the Constitution? No all, he was against the American citizen assignation.

Why does Cain flip flop on the whole not having a Muslim in his cabinet? He made it clear he wouldn’t have a Muslim, near a week later Cain changed his stance to "I thought we were talking about killer American hating Muslims..." Is he just stupid, who would want a terrorist in their cabinet, who would be that stupid?

Where does Cain stand on the DoEuducation and Energy, TSA and homeland security?

Why does Cain believe future Presidents will not be able to raise taxes on his plan, or add deductions? Why does Cain not believe it is a possibility his 999 plan won’t pass congress?

Cain is running for President and we know less about him than we did about Obama by this point and Cain is a "front runner."

And for the record Cain’s 999 plan is not bold, every candidate could have a “bold” plan if they could do anything they wanted with the tax code. The difference is every other person on stage with Cain knows Cain’s plan, or their own personal plan would never pass, Cain just keeps repeating himself but that will not change reality, even if he is President.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back