Greetings from SE Texas

Shooterman

Rookie
Sep 12, 2009
SE Texas
Shooterman checking in, folks. Old Curmudgeon extraordinaire. Born and raised in SE Texas.

Basically conservative with strong libertarian ( small L please ) roots. Actually, I consider myself of the Old Right, hence my sig pictures of Bob Taft, Barry Goldwater, and Ron Paul. Family dates back to before The Revolution. They eventually moved to East Texas in 1850, and I live about a 100 miles south of the original homestead, of which I still own a portion.

Any questions- feel free to ask.

I see Si Modo here as well as Zander. Probably others I may know, as well.

Last edited:
Shooterman checking in, folks. Old Curmudgeon extraordinaire. Born and raised in SE Texas.

Basically conservative with strong libertarian ( small L please ) roots. Actually, I consider myself of the Old Right, hence my sig pictures of Bob Taft, Barry Goldwater, and Ron Paul. Family dates back to before The Revolution. They eventually moved to East Texas in 1850, and I live about a 100 miles south of the original homestead, of which I still own a portion.

I see Miss Si Modo here as well as Zander. Probably others I may know, as well.

Welcome fellow Texan. !

OK, our new bud probably lives near Vidor, Orange, or Williamson's Settlement, or perhaps as far west Beaumont and the Big Thicket. Glad to see you here.

OK, our new bud probably lives near Vidor, Orange, or Williamson's Settlement, or perhaps as far west Beaumont and the Big Thicket. Glad to see you here.

I'm in Beaumont, about 30 miles west of Orange and 10 miles or so, west of Vidor. Originally, My Dad's family settled in Huntington, about 12 miles south of Lufkin, if you know where that is, in 1850. I still own part of the old homestead there.

Have a daughter and her family in Vidor, another daughter and her family in Richmond, which is west of Houston, and a son and his family in Friendswood, south of Houston.

Part of the Big Thicket ( a shell of it's former self ) reaches almost to Lumberton and the Village Creek area.

I'm in Beaumont, about 30 miles west of Orange and 10 miles or so, west of Vidor. Originally, My Dad's family settled in Huntington, about 12 miles south of Lufkin, if you know where that is, in 1850. I still own part of the old homestead there.

Have a daughter and her family in Vidor, another daughter and her family in Richmond, which is west of Houston, and a son and his family in Friendswood, south of Houston.

Part of the Big Thicket ( a shell of it's former self ) reaches almost to Lumberton and the Village Creek area.

I've got an uncle and a cousin in Beaumont. Welcome.

Huntington and Lufkin are south a few mile of Nacogdoches and SFA if I remember correctly. They rest on Highway 69 on the way to Beaumont or, if going the other way, to I-20 (Shrevport to Dallas) highway. That Beaumont to Orange area I remember as being very heavily forested. Do I remember that right?

Huntington and Lufkin are south a few mile of Nacogdoches and SFA if I remember correctly. They rest on Highway 69 on the way to Beaumont or, if going the other way, to I-20 (Shrevport to Dallas) highway.

On the money as for Huntington and Lufkin. A grandson played baseball at Angelina Junior College in Lufkin before transferring to the University of Houston at Victoria.

That Beaumont to Orange area I remember as being very heavily forested. Do I remember that right?

Pretty much well forested. Mostly Piney Woods north of IH10 running between Orange and Beaumont. West of Beaumont is a lot of prairie and rice land.

I seem to remember locking shields with you in the recent past? Welcome to greener pastures!

Hi, Shootreman, I spend a lot of time traveling between Houston and Lufkin. Beautiful country, I have a customer in Huntington, Dean's Meat Service.

Hi, Shootreman, I spend a lot of time traveling between Houston and Lufkin. Beautiful country, I have a customer in Huntington, Dean's Meat Service.

Is Dean's on the corner at the traffic light on 69? If so, I know where you're speaking of.

It is nice country. Thought at one time of building a place to retire on the property I have there, but retirement came and I am still in The Beautiful Mount.

My grandson loved it up there after coming from the flat land prairie around Richmond. My Dad grew up in that part of the country moving between Lufkin, Huntington, and Woodville, depending on which Aunt and/or Uncle he was staying with.

I see Si Modo here as well as Zander. Probably others I may know, as well.

And my great great grandfather helped found towns like Luling as an empresario for the railroads. Where are you from?

Forum List

Back