greenland is called greenland for a reason !

lehr

May 24, 2011
it was once - GREEN ! dah !

this planet was once a molten ball of fire and then a solid ball of ice and everything in between - who is to say what temp. the earth should be at ???

:clap2: its ok ! i know im good !

this planet was once a molten ball of fire and then a solid ball of ice and everything in between - who is to say what temp. the earth should be at ???

There is ice thousands of years old on top of greenland. It was never green, not in human existence anyway.

Are you retarded? Seriously! Are you freaking retarded?

Greenland Vikings

In 960, Thorvald Asvaldsson of Jaederen in Norway killed a man. He was forced to leave the country so he moved to northern Iceland. He had a ten year old son named Eric, later to be called Eric Röde, or Eric the Red. Eric too had a violent streak and in 982 he killed two men. Eric the Red was banished from Iceland for three years so he sailed west to find a land that Icelanders had discovered years before but knew little about. Eric searched the coast of this land and found the most hospitable area, a deep fiord on the southwestern coast. Warmer Atlantic currents met the island there and conditions were not much different than those in Iceland (trees and grasses.) He called this new land "Greenland" because he "believed more people would go thither if the country had a beautiful name," according to one of the Icelandic chronicles (Hermann, 1954) although Greenland, as a whole, could not be considered "green." Additionally, the land was not very good for farming.

Greenland ice sheet
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Greenland Ice Sheet is a vast body of ice covering 1,710,000 square kilometres (660,235 sq mi), roughly 80% of the surface of Greenland. ...The ice in the current ice sheet is as old as 110,000 years.[3] It is generally thought that the Greenland Ice Sheet formed in the late Pliocene or early Pleistocene by coalescence of ice caps and glaciers. It did not develop at all until the late Pliocene, but apparently developed very rapidly with the first continental glaciation.

It's not a matter of "should be", dumbass. It's a matter of what temperature ranges will continue to support our world agricultural bases and what temperature increases will destroy our world agricultural bases and plunge the world into mass starvation, death and wars over dwindling resources.

:cuckoo: it's still nuts ! we know you're a retard !

There is ice thousands of years old on top of greenland. It was never green, not in human existence anyway.

Stupid fuck.

The Vikings called Greenland Greenland in the hopes of keeping settlers and explorers away from Iceland which they wanted for themselves.

Stupid fuck.

There has been ice sheets on green land for at least 15 million years. How is he a stupid fuck? The southern part of that ice sheet of course was partly melted around 110,000 years ago, but the northern ice sheet was still there. You could make a case between 5-15 million years ago that the sheet was not well developed to the size it is today.

The antarctic ice sheet is near 28-30 million years old...

Last edited:
Yessirreee........ and the moon is hollow:razz:

The Seismometers left on the Moon say so.

So how does it feel that there is more real scientific evidence for the possibility that the Moon is hollow than there is for a 100PPM increase in CO2 raising temperature?

There are map of a deglaciated Greenland

World-Mysteries.com

LOLOLOLOL......do you even bother to read what you post??? Or are you just that retarded?

The link is to a site that is talking about an ancient map that seems to have some details about the coast of Antarctica - NOT Greenland.

From the linked article which you did not bother to read.

"There are maps showing Greenland as two separated islands, as it was confirmed by a polar French expedition which found out that there is an ice cap quite thick joining what it is actually two islands."

Yessirreee........ and the moon is hollow:razz:
And according to R.A.M.S. (former poster here) it doesn't rotate either!

In on 1st page of potential Epic Stupidity thread! :banana:

And for your entertainment; Pedo Bear Jelly Time!

[youtube]GKvZAu1zRAU[/youtube]

Last edited:

lol

You're good in the way Beavis and Butthead are good.

[youtube]g5KKi2L-eJ8[/youtube]

WRONG!!! It was called Greenland because Eric the Red wouldn't have had any colonists, if he'd called it "Icier-than-Iceland".

As for your second comment, the temp the earth should be at is irrelevant. AGW theory is concerned with what's the proper temp for human civilization. So what if the climate has fluctuated in the past, the concern is about WE are doing NOW?!?!

That's 0 for 2. Cut you loses before you get strike three!!! :eek::cool::lol:

sooo - they called " GREENLAND " - " GREENLAMD " beacuse there was snow on some mountain ? - ok - i get it ! people how think like that should hold their breath - just to cut the carbon that they exhale ! :lol:

sooo - they called " GREENLAND " - " GREENLAMD " beacuse there was snow on some mountain ? - ok - i get it ! people how think like that should hold their breath - just to cut the carbon that they exhale ! :lol:

You're a liberal sockpuppet here to troll and make conservatives look stupid, right?

World-Mysteries.com

And the explanation for the ancient maps correctly showing Greenland as 2 large Islands under the current ice sheet is....?

It's OK, I know this isn't easy and no it does not involve aliens or the Glacier Eating CO2 Spaghetti Monster

Forum List

Back