Green Party Gains Ballot Access in Six More States

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
In Kansas, 10,908 signatures were submitted, double the required threshhold of 5,000 signatures. This is the first time the Green Party will be on the ballot in Kansas since 2000.

In Pennsylvania, around 22,000 signatures were submitted, several times over the current requirement of 5,000, which had been lowered through a successful court challenge last month.

In Nebraska, about 7,000 signatures were submitted, well over the requirement of 2,500.

In New Jersey, the 2,000 signatures submitted easily more than doubled the requirement of 800 signatures.

In Missouri, Greens also gained ballot access for the first time since 2000 with 25,000 signatures, two and a half times the 10,000-signature state requirement.

Ballot access was also achieved in Vermont for the first time ever. Over 1400 signatures were submitted that had already been certified as valid by town clerks across the state.

The Green Party now has ballot access in 23 states, are awaiting government certification for 9 more (including the six states mentioned here), and have active petition drives in 15 more states.
Green Party Gains Ballot Access in Six More States as Signature Counts More than Double State Requirements

Will you look at that?

Actually it is interesting that in polls that have Johnson and Stein or whatever it is by name, Hillary supports drops more than Trump's does--you know the way voters will see their ballots on election day.

Jill will be the one to take down the election for Hitlery. She'll get the Bernie vote, Hitlery will get what's left, and the Repubs will vote Republican. This is just deliciousness.

I doubt it, but for the wider issue, the Greens need to pour their money, heart and soul into electing one or two congressional candidates. Until they can put names on the national register, they are never going anywhere....and to do that they need to cleanse themselves of those neo-anarchists that are too closely connected to the party.

Jill will be the one to take down the election for Hitlery. She'll get the Bernie vote, Hitlery will get what's left, and the Repubs will vote Republican. This is just deliciousness.

I doubt it, but for the wider issue, the Greens need to pour their money, heart and soul into electing one or two congressional candidates. Until they can put names on the national register, they are never going anywhere....and to do that they need to cleanse themselves of those neo-anarchists that are too closely connected to the party.

Why? It appears to be doing wonders the more they choose not to play the game. Right now people are disgusted.

Why? It appears to be doing wonders the more they choose not to play the game. Right now people are disgusted.

Why ever would a political party actually want to win an actual election. What the hell was I thinking.....

Why ever would a political party actually want to win an actual election. What the hell was I thinking.....

Well, right now, as I said due to the political power houses sucking something fierce with the corruption not playing the game appears to be working for them. They have received more support now then they have before and that is without mainstream media attention. In fact, the more media attention Trump and Clinton receive works for the Green Party. The neo-anarchists will fall away over time.

Well, right now, as I said due to the political power houses sucking something fierce with the corruption not playing the game appears to be working for them. They have received more support now then they have before and that is without mainstream media attention. In fact, the more media attention Trump and Clinton receive works for the Green Party. The neo-anarchists will fall away over time.

Sort of backwards. The DNC sucks the moderates out of the Green Party by stealing some of their more populist positions and their supporters while leaving behind the ELF types to stew in the GP.

Sort of backwards. The DNC sucks the moderates out of the Green Party by stealing some of their more populist positions and their supporters while leaving behind the ELF types to stew in the GP.

Dekster? Your garden is calling.

Wouldn't that be some shit if the green party ends up not only being responsible for the Dubya disaster, but for Trump as well. Oh well, the idiot Berners will have gotten what they deserve if that happens.

Heaven forbid the Democrats be responsible for their own demise.

Wouldn't that be some shit if the green party ends up not only being responsible for the Dubya disaster, but for Trump as well. Oh well, the idiot Berners will have gotten what they deserve if that happens.

Heaven forbid the Democrats be responsible for their own demise.
Berners are no Democrats

Dekster? Your garden is calling.

It is dark outside.

I am pleased that more candidates are on the ballot here in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania b/c the access rules for third parties were complete and utter bullshit. The Commonwealth's ballot-qualification process grossly favored the two party system.

Stein will not perform enough to affect Clinton. There is no evidence that a significant number of Bernie supporters are moving towards her. Most are, in fact, defaulting to Hillary.

Stein will not perform enough to affect Clinton. There is no evidence that a significant number of Bernie supporters are moving towards her. Most are, in fact, defaulting to Hillary.

Well, somebody is moving towards her. I don't believe most Sander's supporters are defaulting towards Hillary. The surveys everyone keeps pushing were done in March and April via Pew.

Forum List

Back