Green Pan

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
In this forum, I lauded this brand for it's value and durability.
I bought a set back in 2020. I looked up posts I made about them, and as late as Sept. of 22 I was still praising them.
Not so much now.
The surface is breaking down. It took 3 years. So, I would say still a good value.
The price of Green Pans, as well as the importance of not leeching harmful chemicals and compounds into food, is still a valid value.
But, they are breaking down. The surface now stains easily and is harder to clean. A year ago I could still easily clean them with hot water and a sponge. Now I cannot.

I bought a set back in 2020. I looked up posts I made about them, and as late as Sept. of 22 I was still praising them.
Not so much now.
The surface is breaking down. It took 3 years. So, I would say still a good value.
The price of Green Pans, as well as the importance of not leeching harmful chemicals and compounds into food, is still a valid value.
But, they are breaking down. The surface now stains easily and is harder to clean. A year ago I could still easily clean them with hot water and a sponge. Now I cannot.

Everyone eats at least a bushel of dirt before they die. I've probably eaten three bushels by now.

What's the plastic coating in those non-stick pans made of? Basically dirt. Something that comes out of the ground.
Not the previous kinds.
No other company in the world has contributed more harmful chemicals into the bodies of people more than DuPont.
It's not even close. And they are the company that invented the modern non-stick pan that everyone made for the past 50 years. Green Pan, and others, stepped away from those coatings to create one without the poisons.
Dupont, after enormous lawsuits, changed the coatings. But their new coatings are no less harmful than the previous. And they will likely get sued again. But it is like fining a $millionaire $1000 for making a $million. They will most certainly do it again only slightly different than before.

:eek-52:
My grandmother told me that eating a lifetime total of 1 peck of dirt would kill you. There's 4 pecks in a single bushel.

Maybe the saying was a "peck of dirt." I'll have to check with my wife, she's the one who told me that.

Not so much now.
I gave up on all those stupid overpriced coated pans many years ago. They're great on the commercials and when they're brand new out of the box but they're just too fragile and don't last. Overheat them a little and they're ruined. Get a little scratch on them and they're ruined. Use elbow grease and they're ruined. Simply wash them too many times and they're ruined.

You might as well just call them expensive disposable pans. I don't know how many of those things I threw in the trash.

Forum List

Back