Green Movement Founder Opposes Wind Turbines in His Backyard

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
by Warner Todd Huston

One of the world’s premiere environmentalists, credited as a founder of the green movement, is fighting plans to erect wind turbines in his own village.

Professor James Lovelock, 93, is renowned for having created the “Gaia Theory” and becoming one of the World’s earliest and most active modern environmentalists. He is also known for predicting global warming and saying that by the year 2100 warming would kill off four fifths of the world’s population.

Read more @ Green Movement Founder Opposes Wind Turbines in His Backyard | Right Wing News

I seem to remember several ultra-liberal, Greenie politicians in Mass who did the same. Or am I wrong? Teddy?

That was an interesting little piece; thank you for the link.

What caught my eye the most was this section:
“I am an environmentalist and founder member of the Greens but I bow my head in shame at the thought that our original good intentions should have been so misunderstood,” Lovelock recently wrote.

“We never intended a fundamentalist Green movement that rejected all energy sources other than renewable, nor did we expect the Greens to cast aside our priceless ecological heritage because of their failure to understand that the needs of the Earth are not separable from human needs.”

An environmentalist with a reasonable sense of the connection between preservation and development, between nature and humanity. Wow. If I where president, this guy would be my top pick for...something.

Forum List

Back