Great News: Law of the Sea Dead!

1. "The Law of the Sea Treaty now has 34 senators opposed and thus will not have enough Senate votes for ratification, a key opponent of the treaty announced Monday.

2. The Law of the Sea Treaty, which entered into force in 1994 and has been signed and ratified by 162 countries, establishes international laws governing the maritime rights of countries. The treaty has been signed but not ratified by the U.S., which would require two-thirds approval of the Senate.

3. ...impossible to reach the 67 votes that would be required to ratify the pact, which Sen. John F. Kerry, Massachusetts Democrat and Senate Foreign Relations Committee chairman, had wanted to bring to a vote later this year.

4. Critics such as Mr. DeMint argue that the U.S. is subjecting its sovereignty to an international body and said the pact would require U.S. businesses to pay royalties for resource exploitation, as well as subject the U.S. to unwieldy environmental regulations as defined in the treaty.

5. Mr. Kerry held three hearings this year on the treaty. The first hearing brought together a rare joint appearance by Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta, as well as Army Gen. Martin E. Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, who testified in favor of ratifying the treaty."
Law of the Sea Treaty now dead, DeMint says - Washington Times

Note the internationalists named....

What great news for those who oppose global governance, and the loss of United States sovereignty.

Now only have we stemmed the tide....pun intended....but it provided hope that this event, coupled with the impending change in administrations in Washington presages an end to a century of Progressivism on the march.

I believe I can hear Soros crying....

Ah yes, the selfish/isolationist Americans rear their ugly heads...

Hey....good news, Grumpy.....

Coulter is coming out with another book before the election!!

Pre-ordering?

1. "The Law of the Sea Treaty now has 34 senators opposed and thus will not have enough Senate votes for ratification, a key opponent of the treaty announced Monday.

2. The Law of the Sea Treaty, which entered into force in 1994 and has been signed and ratified by 162 countries, establishes international laws governing the maritime rights of countries. The treaty has been signed but not ratified by the U.S., which would require two-thirds approval of the Senate.

3. ...impossible to reach the 67 votes that would be required to ratify the pact, which Sen. John F. Kerry, Massachusetts Democrat and Senate Foreign Relations Committee chairman, had wanted to bring to a vote later this year.

4. Critics such as Mr. DeMint argue that the U.S. is subjecting its sovereignty to an international body and said the pact would require U.S. businesses to pay royalties for resource exploitation, as well as subject the U.S. to unwieldy environmental regulations as defined in the treaty.

5. Mr. Kerry held three hearings this year on the treaty. The first hearing brought together a rare joint appearance by Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta, as well as Army Gen. Martin E. Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, who testified in favor of ratifying the treaty."

What great news for those who oppose global governance, and the loss of United States sovereignty.

Now only have we stemmed the tide....pun intended....but it provided hope that this event, coupled with the impending change in administrations in Washington presages an end to a century of Progressivism on the march.

Awww, poor widdle foreigner. Doesn't get to get his hands on American money he didn't earn. :(

Amazing to me, as well.

Somehow we've convinced the rest of the world that they have the right to expect our blood and treasure and, we require their input in deciding what to do with either.

And this will continue as long as we have globalists like Kerry, Panetta, Obama, Clinton, et. al., acceding to the wishes of misguided individuals such as Soros......and Grumpy.

Awww, poor widdle foreigner. Doesn't get to get his hands on American money he didn't earn. :(

Amazing to me, as well.

Somehow we've convinced the rest of the world that they have the right to expect our blood and treasure and, we require their input in deciding what to do with either.

And this will continue as long as we have globalists like Kerry, Panetta, Obama, Clinton, et. al., acceding to the wishes of misguided individuals such as Soros......and Grumpy.
I've seen leftists demanding that foreigners get to vote in our elections, because America's actions have such an impact around the world.

Fuck that shit.

Hey....good news, Grumpy.....

Coulter is coming out with another book before the election!!

Pre-ordering?

I'll be sure to check out Amazon's comedy section when it comes out...

Yeah, that's the reason...:cuckoo:

glen beck? really?

yeah, that's who you should get your "facts" from.

no wonder you guys are so reality impaired.

Surprised to find that you are reduced to the sophomoric 'attack the messenger' gambit.

Should't an educated individual be able to rebut the message, or at least state where you believe an error exists?

You should be ashamed of this post.

I expect better work from you.

Now, if you believe that Soros has not done as stated, fire away.

But be aware:

1. In 1993, Soros established the flagship of his network, the New York-based Open Society Institute (OSI). His "investments" include:

a. The Center for Constitutional Rights, founded by four longtime supporters of communist causes. Center for Constitutional Rights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

b. Various organizations that promote “open borders” and full citizenship rights for illegal aliens.

c. Organizations such as the Sentencing Project, which attacks the American prison system as ‘racist.’

d. The Gamaliel Foundtion and the Midwest Academy, whose radical instructors train political organizers. “Barack has acknowledged publicly that he had been the director of a Gamaliel affiliate.”
Michelle Malkin » Creepy O-cult video of the day: “Deliver us, Obama!” Updated

e. The Ella Baker Center for Human Rights, founded by self-declared communist Van Jones… “Van Jones’ projects have long been bankrolled by George Soros’ Open Society Institute, which gave $1 million to the Jones-founded Ella Baker Center before becoming a major donor to GFA.” http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/printgroupProfile.asp?grpid=7554

2. The media is a major interest of Soros. He has investments in:

a. NBC, ABC, NYTimes, Washington Post, the Columbia School of Journalism, National Public Radio, Pacifica Foundation, and Media Matters For America.

b. Left-wing religious organizations such as Catholics in Alliance for the Common Good, Jim Wallis’ Sojourners, Catholics for Choice.

c. Medea Benjamin’s Global Exchange, the organization that announced in 2004 that it would be sending aid to the families of terrorists fighting American troops in Iraq. Guide to the George Soros Network - Discover the Networks

3. In 1995, George Soros appeared on PBS with Charlie Rose, and said this:
"I like to influence policy. I was not able to get to George Bush (Senior). But now I think I have succeeded with my influence...I do now have great access in the (Clinton) administration. There is no question about this. We actually work together as a team."
Archived-Articles: Hillary, Soros, Alinsky, and Rush

Any errors?

Any?

And that's where you go terribly wrong PC. Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed.

Ummmm... I thought the rest of the world wanted to have America keep their nose out of their business and let them rule themselves without us bothering them?

Or is this the international version of "Dad, can I have fifty bucks?"

Forum List

Back