My favorite congress critter, Al Franken

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Al Franken: Putting an End to Secret Campaign Contributions

Which brings me back to the DISCLOSE Act. This bill doesn't overturn Citizens United. It doesn't limit how much money individuals or corporations can spend on independent expenditures. All it does is require that this spending be disclosed publicly. It reflects what used to be a bipartisan consensus around the effectiveness of transparency and disclosure in avoiding corruption.

But today -- unless, again, I'm pleasantly surprised -- all the Republicans in the Senate, including those who have specifically called for more disclosure in our system, will once again block it from proceeding.

In our country, a few have a lot more money than the rest. In our political system, money is power. And that means a few can have a lot more power than the rest. That's bad news for everyone else -- and for our democracy itself. And although we've always argued over how best to prevent that from happening, today's vote is yet another sign that some have decided to embrace that shift instead.

:dunno:

What it looks like is that as long as the Party of No has a big enough head count to cause pain, we are screwed on any attempt to make this system less corrupt.

Al Franken - alleged "comedian" turned actor who's butt fucked by a gorilla in a movie

Now he's "awesome"

al-franken-luvs.jpg

This is really not funny. It does however add weight to the assertion that some people will vote for any assclown, as long as that assclown has the right letter after their name. Shame.

al-franken-luvs.jpg

This is really not funny. It does however add weight to the assertion that some people will vote for any assclown, as long as that assclown has the right letter after their name. Shame.

He should just turn himself in. I bet he would like prison, especially the time he spends in the showers.

Dennis Miller would give Al Frankenstien a mental Jap slap in a political debate. Al would shit his depends.

Forum List

Back