Great Editorial on Why Trump Is Right Not to Give His Tax Returns to Congressional Democrats

mikegriffith1

Mike Griffith
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 23, 2012
Virginia
Jenny Beth Martin has written a great editorial on why Trump is right to withhold his tax returns from the Democrats.

Jenny Beth Martin: Trump is right to withhold his tax returns from Democrats

Here's an excerpt:

House Ways and Means Chairman Richard Neal, a Democrat from Massachusetts, is behind the Democrats’ latest weaponization of the tax code. He should be ashamed of himself.

Neal, it has been reported, spent months crafting his strategy. He knew that if he simply opened his first committee meeting as chairman by saying, “Okay, gentlemen, we Democrats are now in the majority, and, as such, I’m going to use a provision from the 1924 Revenue Act that, to my knowledge, has never before been used against a sitting president, to get my hands on the president’s tax returns,” his allies in the mainstream media wouldn’t have been able to cover for him.​

They thought Mueller was going to get him, boy they sure are batting zero

Jenny Beth Martin has written a great editorial on why Trump is right to withhold his tax returns from the Democrats.

Jenny Beth Martin: Trump is right to withhold his tax returns from Democrats

Here's an excerpt:

House Ways and Means Chairman Richard Neal, a Democrat from Massachusetts, is behind the Democrats’ latest weaponization of the tax code. He should be ashamed of himself.

Neal, it has been reported, spent months crafting his strategy. He knew that if he simply opened his first committee meeting as chairman by saying, “Okay, gentlemen, we Democrats are now in the majority, and, as such, I’m going to use a provision from the 1924 Revenue Act that, to my knowledge, has never before been used against a sitting president, to get my hands on the president’s tax returns,” his allies in the mainstream media wouldn’t have been able to cover for him.​

Its all about PR.

Trump wants to fight the power. Its his public persona.

Having his tax returns out there showing the welfare bankruptcies or whatever just isn't going to do him any good. He stands to look stronger by just crossing his arms and saying "NO".

Dimms are looking for anything that might damage Trump politically.

Mueller couldn’t do it, so they are hoping his taxes might.

It’s pathetic.

Trump doesn't have to give up his taxes. He doesn't have a say in the matter anyway.

Trump doesn't have to give up his taxes. He doesn't have a say in the matter anyway.

You didn't even read the article, did you? Did you? If Trump told the IRS to let Congressional Democrats see his tax returns, the IRS would d so. Or, Trump could simply have his attorney hand them over directly to Congressional Dems. But, of course, he is not doing either of these things. So, yeah, Trump has quite a bit of say in the matter.

Last edited:
USMB nutbags are amazing! Nobody but Barr has seen the Mueller report...but all of you morons know that it has cleared Trump.

Amazing.

Oh....and the taxes will be turned over to Ways and Means. The law is clear.

USMB nutbags are amazing! Nobody but Barr has seen the Mueller report...but all of you morons know that it has cleared Trump.

Amazing.

I wonder if you have any idea how pathetic this looks to everyone in America but like the 20% of pathetic libs who have end stage TDS

I will clue you in: fatally pathetic

Amazing.

I wonder if you have any idea how pathetic this looks to everyone in America but like the 20% of pathetic libs who have end stage TDS

I will clue you in: fatally pathetic

OK.

USMB nutbags are amazing! Nobody but Barr has seen the Mueller report...but all of you morons know that it has cleared Trump. Amazing. Oh....and the taxes will be turned over to Ways and Means. The law is clear.

You didn't read the article either, did you? And, actually, no, the law is not really clear, and, until now, the law had *never* been applied to a president, which you would know if you had read the article. But don't let facts get in your way.

USMB nutbags are amazing! Nobody but Barr has seen the Mueller report...but all of you morons know that it has cleared Trump. Amazing. Oh....and the taxes will be turned over to Ways and Means. The law is clear.

You didn't read the article either, did you? And, actually, no, the law is not really clear, and, until now, the law had *never* been applied to a president, which you would know if you had read the article. But don't let facts get in your way.

The law is clear.

Amazing.

CNN would have aired anything bad for Trump. They had it before it even got into the Mueller Trump exonerating report

You didn't even read the article, did you? Did you? If Trump told the IRS to let Congressional Democrats see his tax returns, the IRS would d so. Or, Trump could simply have his attorney hand them over directly to Congressional Dems. But, of course, he is not doing either of these things. So, yeah, Trump has quite a bit of say in the matter.

Trump could easily give up his Tax returns, but he has no authority to say congress can't get them. The law determines whether congress ultimately gets them, not the whim of the president.

Trump could easily give up his Tax returns, but he has no authority to say congress can't get them. The law determines whether congress ultimately gets them, not the whim of the president.
Republicans only obey the law when it helps them or hurts Dems Real law they know shit about

Your article is clearly labeled at the top of the page as on opinion published by Trump friendly FOX News. You are whining because others disagree with the opinion.

Forum List

Back