Graham to introduce bill that would restrict abortions nationwide

So Miss Lindsey has lost his mind and will lose Congress for repubs. Does he know how to read polls?

He just killed the repub chances in the suburbs. Okay...I am okay with that.

female body vote.jpg

Its good to see the Republicans aren't being hypocritical on the abortion front when arguing its a state's right issue and not Federal. Oh wait:

Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) on Tuesday will make public his plans to introduce a bill in the Senate that would ban abortions nationwide, one that is expected to restrict the procedure after 15 weeks of pregnancy, according to several antiabortion advocates with knowledge of internal discussions.

Graham will be joined at a noon news conference Tuesday by Marjorie Dannenfelser, president of Susan B. Anthony Pro-Life America, along with other antiabortion leaders. Representatives for Graham and the Susan B. Anthony group did not immediately respond to questions Tuesday morning.

The name of his bill — which includes the nonmedical phrase “late-term abortions” — drew sharp criticism from abortion rights activists. Used almost exclusively by antiabortion activists, the phrase is generally understood to refer to abortions between or after 21 and 24 weeks of pregnancy.
Is murder a states rights issue?

I used to think the Congress cannot pass legislation that is not grounded in one of their constitutional functions. For instance, I do not believe the US Congress can pass a law that regulated local law enforcement, that issue is exclusively a state and local problem. And since the Supreme Court has ruled that abortion is not in the Constitution, how then can the Congress regulate it? Has anyone seen any discussion or analysis on that question? Even if Congress eventually passes a national abortion bill, would it stand up in court?

I used to think the Congress cannot pass legislation that is not grounded in one of their constitutional functions. For instance, I do not believe the US Congress can pass a law that regulated local law enforcement, that issue is exclusively a state and local problem. And since the Supreme Court has ruled that abortion is not in the Constitution, how then can the Congress regulate it? Has anyone seen any discussion or analysis on that question? Even if Congress eventually passes a national abortion bill, would it stand up in court?
Roe v Wade did for 50 years

Roe v Wade did for 50 years
Roe v Wade was a court case, not federal legislation. Can the US Congress legislate on matters not assigned to it in the constitution? I haven't read anything about that, but I would presume that even if the Congress did pass an abortion rights bill and the president signed it that it would be challenged in court by one side or the other, and maybe both sides. Abortion would not be a constitutional right, but would it stand as a civil right that could be changed or taken away at any time in the future?

Its good to see the Republicans aren't being hypocritical on the abortion front when arguing its a state's right issue and not Federal. Oh wait:

Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) on Tuesday will make public his plans to introduce a bill in the Senate that would ban abortions nationwide, one that is expected to restrict the procedure after 15 weeks of pregnancy, according to several antiabortion advocates with knowledge of internal discussions.

Graham will be joined at a noon news conference Tuesday by Marjorie Dannenfelser, president of Susan B. Anthony Pro-Life America, along with other antiabortion leaders. Representatives for Graham and the Susan B. Anthony group did not immediately respond to questions Tuesday morning.

The name of his bill — which includes the nonmedical phrase “late-term abortions” — drew sharp criticism from abortion rights activists. Used almost exclusively by antiabortion activists, the phrase is generally understood to refer to abortions between or after 21 and 24 weeks of pregnancy.

No doubt Lindsey has seen his fair share of women's reproductive equipment but you are correct: it is great that the GOP was so consistent on their focus on "states rights" on this topic. It lasted just until they got Roe overturned and now we see what they planned all along.

I think Miss LIndsey did this to ensure the Dems won the Mid-Terms. He has to be the most stupid politician to walk the earth if he didn't realize that was what was going to happen because of his silliness.

That bitch will find a way to sabotage whatever advantage Republicans have going into the midterms to avoid the MAGA storm on the horizon. She knows the effect this will have. There is no other reason to talk about this bill that will never make it out of committee. Of course, Dems will also use this to call bullshit on all Republicans who talked about this as a state decision.

Yup, Lindsey upset the apple cart there on the GOP. I actually thought he was smarter than that but his flip-flopping on Trump made me realize he was as lost as he looks.

The Dems can make hay with this even if it doesn't make it out of committee...because it shows exactly what the GOP stands for: GILEAD!

Yup, Lindsey upset the apple cart there on the GOP. I actually thought he was smarter than that but his flip-flopping on Trump made me realize he was as lost as he looks.

The Dems can make hay with this even if it doesn't make it out of committee...because it shows exactly what the GOP stands for: GILEAD!

In what way are you using the term "gilead"?

Forum List

Back