Graham to introduce bill that would restrict abortions nationwide

too late ms. lindsey ... that was SC justice robert's goal with the mississippi case. start at rolling it back to 15 weeks with further incremental restrictions & the ultimate endgame at overturning roe v wade; but the 3 filthy liars blew their load & not only did the dog finally catch the car - but it slammed right into it.

& now american females are gonna come out in droves for the midterms.

Its good to see the Republicans aren't being hypocritical on the abortion front when arguing its a state's right issue and not Federal. Oh wait:

Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) on Tuesday will make public his plans to introduce a bill in the Senate that would ban abortions nationwide, one that is expected to restrict the procedure after 15 weeks of pregnancy, according to several antiabortion advocates with knowledge of internal discussions.

Graham will be joined at a noon news conference Tuesday by Marjorie Dannenfelser, president of Susan B. Anthony Pro-Life America, along with other antiabortion leaders. Representatives for Graham and the Susan B. Anthony group did not immediately respond to questions Tuesday morning.

The name of his bill — which includes the nonmedical phrase “late-term abortions” — drew sharp criticism from abortion rights activists. Used almost exclusively by antiabortion activists, the phrase is generally understood to refer to abortions between or after 21 and 24 weeks of pregnancy.
So Miss Lindsey has lost his mind and will lose Congress for repubs. Does he know how to read polls?

He just killed the repub chances in the suburbs. Okay...I am okay with that.

That bitch will find a way to sabotage whatever advantage Republicans have going into the midterms to avoid the MAGA storm on the horizon. She knows the effect this will have. There is no other reason to talk about this bill that will never make it out of committee. Of course, Dems will also use this to call bullshit on all Republicans who talked about this as a state decision.
This was as stupid as trump's promise to pardon the J6 attackers.

‘With abortion access already expected to be a major issue in November’s midterm elections, Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham supercharged the debate over reproductive rights by introducing a bill that would ban most abortions after the 15th week of pregnancy.

“I have chosen to craft legislation that I think is eminently reasonable in the eyes of the world,” the South Carolina senator said. “If we take back the House and the Senate, I can assure you we’ll have a vote,” he vowed, speaking at a Capitol Hill press conference where he was flanked by some of the nation’s most prominent anti-abortion activists, including Marjorie Dannenfelser of Susan B. Anthony Pro-Life America. Many of those activists would like an outright ban on all abortions.

“This bill, frankly, doesn’t go far enough for many people,” said Penny Young Nance, president of Concerned Women for America. “But it is a consensus piece of legislation.”’

Everyone is pro-life, including those who defend a woman’s right to privacy.

And backers of this wrongheaded legislation aren’t ‘anti-abortion,’ they’re anti-privacy rights.

A Federal ‘ban’ of abortion isn’t about “states’ rights,” it’s about rightwing authoritarianism at the expense of individual liberty.

Its good to see the Republicans aren't being hypocritical on the abortion front when arguing its a state's right issue and not Federal. Oh wait:

Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) on Tuesday will make public his plans to introduce a bill in the Senate that would ban abortions nationwide, one that is expected to restrict the procedure after 15 weeks of pregnancy, according to several antiabortion advocates with knowledge of internal discussions.

Graham will be joined at a noon news conference Tuesday by Marjorie Dannenfelser, president of Susan B. Anthony Pro-Life America, along with other antiabortion leaders. Representatives for Graham and the Susan B. Anthony group did not immediately respond to questions Tuesday morning.

The name of his bill — which includes the nonmedical phrase “late-term abortions” — drew sharp criticism from abortion rights activists. Used almost exclusively by antiabortion activists, the phrase is generally understood to refer to abortions between or after 21 and 24 weeks of pregnancy.

As he's done his entire career, Graham is doing all he can to help democrats

You really don’t understand how things work, do you? The Constitution, roles of states vs. feds, stuff like that.
The recent New York gun case being an example of the right’s hypocrisy – where tyrants in black robes legislated from the bench contrary to the will of the people of New York; judicial fiat over democratic consensus.

If states have the right to ‘ban’ abortion, then they likewise have the right to regulate firearms as they see fit.

Conservatives can’t have it both ways.

The recent New York gun case being an example of the right’s hypocrisy – where tyrants in black robes legislated from the bench contrary to the will of the people of New York; judicial fiat over democratic consensus.

If states have the right to ‘ban’ abortion, then they likewise have the right to regulate firearms as they see fit.

Conservatives can’t have it both ways.
apples and oranges. the left made up the abortion issue. You didn't have a problem with it when old white guys said YEAH KILL YOUR UNBORN. Second amendment clearly stated has always been recognized and it isn't for hunting either bud. There's a good reason for it. Maybe the fact that it stands in your way of total control is your problem with it.

‘With abortion access already expected to be a major issue in November’s midterm elections, Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham supercharged the debate over reproductive rights by introducing a bill that would ban most abortions after the 15th week of pregnancy.

“I have chosen to craft legislation that I think is eminently reasonable in the eyes of the world,” the South Carolina senator said. “If we take back the House and the Senate, I can assure you we’ll have a vote,” he vowed, speaking at a Capitol Hill press conference where he was flanked by some of the nation’s most prominent anti-abortion activists, including Marjorie Dannenfelser of Susan B. Anthony Pro-Life America. Many of those activists would like an outright ban on all abortions.

“This bill, frankly, doesn’t go far enough for many people,” said Penny Young Nance, president of Concerned Women for America. “But it is a consensus piece of legislation.”’

And backers of this wrongheaded legislation aren’t ‘anti-abortion,’ they’re anti-privacy rights.

A Federal ‘ban’ of abortion isn’t about “states’ rights,” it’s about rightwing authoritarianism at the expense of individual liberty.
This has to be one of the greatest displays of hypocrisy since....I don't know....Miss Lindsey said she was through with trump.

Concerned Women of America...... :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301::auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back