GRACEPOINT

AquaAthena

America First...MAGA
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 16, 2010
Central Coast
This new 10 episode TV show is the best one I have seen this year. If you liked Anna Gunn, Walt's wife in Breaking Bad, you are in for another treat. I stumbled upon this show on the 4th episode, and after watching the dark, compelling narrative, decided to purchase and download the first 3 episodes from Amazon, then went on a binge, including the 4th one over again. David Tennant helps make this a winner. What a mysterious treat this programming is, for those who love a quietly thrilling dramatic experience. I know there will be a second season and quite possibly more. :thup:

I watched the first three episodes of the BBC version, Broadchurch, which also starred David Tenant.

I found it kind of depressing then.

Here is the comment made by someone who watched the Trailer.

"It seems really really similar to Broadchurch, but slightly less melancholy. Just my perception from the trailer. Personally, I don't see why they needed to remake it, we Americans can understand Broadchurch just fine. However, I won't complain because I love David and the fact that he is going to be on American tv makes me really happy"

I am glad that Gracepoint is getting some good traction.

Broachchurch, the British original with Tenant and Coleman and Whittaker, plus the best supporting cast ever assembled, made the 8 hour plot the best viewing I have ever seen.

True Detective is a close second.

This new 10 episode TV show is the best one I have seen this year. If you liked Anna Gunn, Walt's wife in Breaking Bad, you are in for another treat. I stumbled upon this show on the 4th episode, and after watching the dark, compelling narrative, decided to purchase and download the first 3 episodes from Amazon, then went on a binge, including the 4th one over again. David Tennant helps make this a winner. What a mysterious treat this programming is, for those who love a quietly thrilling dramatic experience. I know there will be a second season and quite possibly more. :thup:

yea am watching too and the mystery of who killed this kid is building.....i think Tennants character is acting to much like asshole though....when you are new to a place you dont come on like jerk and then expect everyone to respect and work with you....at least i would not act like that....and AA from what i saw on a TV Ratings thing.....the show is on the so called bubble so far....meaning its 50/50 at this point......and Fox is not great at giving shows a chance....

yea am watching too and the mystery of who killed this kid is building.....i think Tennants character is acting to much like asshole though....when you are new to a place you dont come on like jerk and then expect everyone to respect and work with you....at least i would not act like that....and AA from what i saw on a TV Ratings thing.....the show is on the so called bubble so far....meaning its 50/50 at this point......and Fox is not great at giving shows a chance....

But don't they h ave the 10 episodes already made and in the can?

Broadchurch was an eight episode in and out story.

Gracepoint is the same, yes?

I read it was 10.

Now, Fox has had a history of messing up good TV shows. Let's not forget the Firefly fiasco, where they dumped the original pilot, played the other episodes out of order, and left three episodes unaired.

But don't they h ave the 10 episodes already made and in the can?

yea they do...... i was talking about it being renewed.....

I read it was 10.

Now, Fox has had a history of messing up good TV shows. Let's not forget the Firefly fiasco, where they dumped the original pilot, played the other episodes out of order, and left three episodes unaired.
thats what i am saying....they dont give shows a chance.....and lots of times they will put a good new show on up against a popular show and of course the older established show will win the spot and instead of moving it they go...."well i guess no one wants to watch that one....can it".....

Broadchurch was an eight episode in and out story.

Gracepoint is the same, yes?

No, not quite. The narrative has been expanded for the 10-episodes. I am so glad David Tennant is using an American accent, instead of his native British one. I am tired of British accents.

I naturally love the seaside town where it is filmed. If one likes fast-moving action, forensics, etc., one will not like this show, no doubt. The character development is one thing I love about it, just as I did in Breaking Bad. Anna Gunn plays that character the same way in Gracepoint.

Forum List

Back