Govt officials call for lowering drunk driving threshold to BAC of .05

I'm 57, been drinking since I was 17. Always drive home, never ever even gotten stopped by the cops. No tickets, nothing. I'm a more careful driver when I've been drinking than when sober.

shhhhhhhhh! keep qute dont post this fact, it ruins the debate. they think everyone body is the same regardless if your a 17 year old 100 lb female or a 57 year old 250 lb male driver... We already have reckless driving laws. I never get why we need DUI laws or hate crime laws? a crime is a crime against another human.

Just like guns, if you make it illegal people won't do it right? Horse shit.

Enforcement has proven effective for DUI laws. The risk of death or injury due to drunk driving has been substantially decreased in recent decades.

Nonsense. The only real effects enforcement has had is to enrich municipalities and lawyers, break up families and criminalize people with a medical problem.

No, he's right. Deaths from DUI has gone down substantially in the last 30 years or so.

Most of that has to do with enforcement of drunk driving laws.

If you're old enough to remember when some cop pulled you over while you were obviously drunk, who then ASKED YOU if you believed you could make it home?

Then you know what I am talking about.

I cannot even remember how many times I was in a car with a drunk driver that the cops send on home without arrest.

That happened commonly back in the 50s and 60s.

Roads ARE safer now because we are coming down on drunk driving.

I do think that 0.05% is a tad too excessive, though.

The 0.08% limit seems reasonable, to me.

Enforcement has proven effective for DUI laws. The risk of death or injury due to drunk driving has been substantially decreased in recent decades.

Nonsense. The only real effects enforcement has had is to enrich municipalities and lawyers, break up families and criminalize people with a medical problem.

No, he's right. Deaths from DUI has gone down substantially in the last 30 years or so.

Most of that has to do with enforcement of drunk driving laws.

If you're old enough to remember when some cop pulled you over while you were obviously drunk, who then ASKED YOU if you believed you could make it home?

Then you know what I am talking about.

I cannot even remember how many times I was in a car with a drunk driver that the cops send on home without arrest.

That happened commonly back in the 50s and 60s.

Roads ARE safer now because we are coming down on drunk driving.

I do think that 0.05% is a tad too excessive, though.

The 0.08% limit seems reasonable, to me.

And whats wrong with the cops just driving that person home? instead of jail and costing that person $1000's of dollars in legal fees? and most of the cash goes to the fuckin lawyers and higher car insurance fees....

and also in the past 30 years, we have better cars, with seat belts, air bags and the like..... So to say DUI laws are the primary reason why traffic deaths are down is ridiculous.

And whats wrong with the cops just driving that person home? instead of jail and costing that person $1000's of dollars in legal fees? and most of the cash goes to the fuckin lawyers and higher car insurance fees....

Why do you want to coddle killers and maimers.? Hell with giving these dangerous psychos a free ride home. Lock 'em up.

Forum List

Back