Govt about to arrest woman, for 2ND TIME, for unattractive yard!!!

They dont care about those yards in the bad parts of town either. Its only in the snobbish liberal havens that they want men with guns to lock up their neighbor for having.....GASP.......dared to harm their property values.

Funny. Liberals hate wealth and profit for others, but will have you arrested if you dare threaten THEIR precious property values!

I feel sorry for people like that. It's a shame that her neighbors couldn't get together and pitch in to help her clean it up. I'd hate to see somebody lose their freedom or their house over a messy yard. Having said that, she has had plenty of time to clean it up. She put herself in this situation.

She is not handicapped...there's no reason for your yards to be so messy. No matter how "poor" you might be, that's has nothing to do with you leaving crap all over the yard for others to look at. I'd hate to see the inside of her house..being poor doesn't mean you can't be clean.

Yep. You are exactly right. BUT, that still doesn't mean the men with guns need to be called, or that the govt (who has men with guns) should be able to pass a law mandating that you keep a yard that pleases your neighbor. Being sloppy isn't illegal. Unless you're a liberal, who is less tolerant of other humans.

From the article, the woman's yard looks like a dump and she calls it decorations. She even has dead cars melting in her front yard. She maintains her home as the neighborhood eyesore which affects everyone's property values.

I guess her freedom came right up against someone else's rights.

It is not her responsibility, OR the govt's, to keep YOUR property values up.

Her yard was causing NO public safety hazard the first, or second, time. There is no HOA. And the whiny lib neighbors cried to the govt to act as the unofficial HOA to beautify the block, through use of men with guns of course.

I'm not a "lib" and yes, she does have freedom, but she doesn't have the freedom to destroy someone else's property. That's just what she's doing by not complying. If i had a neighbor that had nothing but junk cars, junk toys, car parts, and whatever...i'd be screaming too!

My house is already valued about 1/2 of what it was when we bought it. I don't need someone lowering it any more. But that's just what would happen. So you think i should just suck it up if i wanted to sell my home? The woman was just lazy and didn't care...and too stubborn for her own good. I hope they keep arresting her as long as she keeps on being lazy.

It's a rich Republican neighborhood.

I definately don't live in a rich republican neighborhood! I'm conservative ( I won't say republican, although i usually vote for them). Most of my neighbors are democrats. One neighbor ( a democrat) had crap virtually EVERYWHERE. The person complaining FIRST was a democrat. And there were probably 90% of the neighborhood that backed the first.

I definately don't live in a rich republican neighborhood! I'm conservative ( I won't say republican, although i usually vote for them). Most of my neighbors are democrats. One neighbor ( a democrat) had crap virtually EVERYWHERE. The person complaining FIRST was a democrat. And there were probably 90% of the neighborhood that backed the first.

Of course this has so much to do with political parties of those involved.......

Mount Pleasant woman tangling with town again over yard condition | The Post and Courier | Charleston SC, News, Sports, Entertainment

Email this to everyone you can.

This Charleston suburb, Mount Pleasant, a haven for snobby liberals, is about to arrest this woman, AGAIN, because they dont approve of how she decorated her yard.

No public safety hazard the 1st time, or 2nd time. A 100% appearance issue. The neighbors and local govt dont like how her yard "looks". That simple. Purely aesthetics.

She went to jail for 6 days last year for the same thing. Now, Big Govt is about to arrest her AGAIN.

What in the hell has our country come to?

Sounds like a victory for states rights and local governance, from the Tenthers' perspective.

Last edited:

Of course this has so much to do with political parties of those involved.......

NYCarbineer said it was a Rich Republican Neighborhood. I just let him know they aren't the only ones that care about their homes.

There is no HOA. And the whiny lib neighbors cried to the govt to act as the unofficial HOA to beautify the block, through use of men with guns of course.

That's the pathetic part. You'd have no problem with this coming from an HOA.

Look at Obama and the economy...but distractions as this?

You make your case into obfuscation.

Well done.

Right. Because voters will be more concerned with this story than with the economy. :lol:
No...but a microcosm of Government gone too far...

IDIOT.

That's interesting. I would think that a Tenther like yourself should be clapping his hands. The Tenther philosophy demands that this kind of thing be supported, since it comes from the local government, whose power arises out of state grant.

Cities do it all the time. It can be a eyesore or a hazard. Have you ever watched "Hoarding" They can evict you and tear down your house. Condemn it. What do you want to blame Obama for next?

Screw her. Lock her up and throw away the key. She's clearly a threat to our American way of life. We need more Citizens arrested and imprisoned. There's just not enough Citizens in our Prisons right now. So go get her Big Brother!

Some red meat for the Nanny/Police Stater imbeciles. ;)

The citizens of the town voted for the public officials who enacted the ordinances that human pigs cannot create an eyesore out of their abode.

This is not totalitarianism by any stretch of a sane imagination.

It's a pathetic creature that shits in their own nest. If she is too primitive to clean herself up, there is nothing wrong with the people who have to live around her making her live up to societal standards. We do not live in a state of nature, libertarian-boi. There are certain natural rights you give up when you move to suburbia. You know that, so stop being ridiculously disingenous. We have a social contract so a society she is shitting on can exist in the first place.

She is expected to live by some very basic standards. It's not like the bar is set really high or something.

Let her move to the forest and be an animal if that is what she wants to be.

Last edited:
Mount Pleasant woman tangling with town again over yard condition | The Post and Courier | Charleston SC, News, Sports, Entertainment

This Charleston suburb, Mount Pleasant, a haven for snobby liberals, is about to arrest this woman, AGAIN, because they dont approve of how she decorated her yard.

No public safety hazard the 1st time, or 2nd time. A 100% appearance issue. The neighbors and local govt dont like how her yard "looks". That simple. Purely aesthetics.

She went to jail for 6 days last year for the same thing. Now, Big Govt is about to arrest her AGAIN.

Where the hell have you been for the last 50 years. You know if you live next to a garbage dump it lowers the value of YOUR property? You don't know that this law is for YOUR stupid ass protection?

How YOU like to live next to this?

http://tlc.discovery.com/videos/hoarding-buried-alive-tv/

Last edited:
Sounds like she's been just stubborn over it...it's her fault if she went to jail over it, especially when people have offered to help and have done some work for her for free!
i know it drives me nuts to see junk all over a yard, and people think they're decorations? Lol!
I think the neighbors have a right to complain, especially if it means this one house can lower their property values because it looks so bad.

Well if it drives you nuts we should arrest them then right. We should ask you and people who think like you, what "looks good" and arrest those who do not conform.

I can not fucking believe anyways supports this BS. Nazi fucking pigs.

Sounds like she's been just stubborn over it...it's her fault if she went to jail over it, especially when people have offered to help and have done some work for her for free!
i know it drives me nuts to see junk all over a yard, and people think they're decorations? Lol!
I think the neighbors have a right to complain, especially if it means this one house can lower their property values because it looks so bad.

Well if it drives you nuts we should arrest them then right. We should ask you and people who think like you, what "looks good" and arrest those who do not conform.

She is free to move to the forest and shit in her own nest there. She can have all the natural rights she wants out there. But no, she wants the benefits of a social contract without having to abide by that contract. Fuck her, and your misguided bullshit.

Last edited:

NYCarbineer said it was a Rich Republican Neighborhood. I just let him know they aren't the only ones that care about their homes.

That fucking MORON thinks only Republicans are Rich. He lives in a world of Black and white where all things right are evil and all things left are good.

Fools

Right. Because voters will be more concerned with this story than with the economy. :lol:
No...but a microcosm of Government gone too far...

IDIOT.

That's interesting. I would think that a Tenther like yourself should be clapping his hands. The Tenther philosophy demands that this kind of thing be supported, since it comes from the local government, whose power arises out of state grant.

Government intrusion is just that whether Federal/State/Local.

Therin YOU don't get it...and never will.

What if one day you want to sell your home (especially in this economy) and you have a next door neighbor with property that looks like a dump. How many people do you think you'll attract to your home, no matter how nice it is, when they see what they will have to look at every day?

"Ruggles, a 53-year-old photographer, said she recently received a letter from town Code Enforcement Officer Jim Palmer stating that she was in violation of town ordinances for having an unkempt yard and an abandoned vehicle on the property"

Get rid of the vehicle and clean up the yard. Yes, her property rights end when it invades the value of others' property values.

I'm not a "lib" and yes, she does have freedom, but she doesn't have the freedom to destroy someone else's property. That's just what she's doing by not complying. .

She never stepped foot on anyone elses property.

IT IS NOT MY JOB, OR YOURS, OR HERS, OR THE FUCKING GOVERNMENTS TO GUARANTEE YOUR PROPERTY VALUES STAY UP.

That is tyrannical fucking garbage. Fuck your property value. If I'm causing no harm to anyone, and not causing a public safety hazard, then it isn't your business. These people moved into a neighborhood with NO HOA, then whine when people dont comply with bullshit town ordinances.

Where in the constitution did we grant the government (aka men with guns) the power to tell me how attractive I must keep my yard?

Forum List

Back