Governor Anne Richards of Texas giving her views on abortion

Life in general is not horrible, but if my toe turned gangrenous and was dying beyond salvation, and especially if it might kill me, I would have it removed, and you would not think ill of me for doing it, certainly not attempting to jail me or my doctor for saving my life at the expense of the toe.
Does your toe have a distinct DNA? How about a heart that beats? Your toe is a body part. A fetus is a stage of human development of a separate human being.

Life in general is not horrible, but if my toe turned gangrenous and was dying beyond salvation, and especially if it might kill me, I would have it removed, and you would not think ill of me for doing it, certainly not attempting to jail me or my doctor for saving my life at the expense of the toe.
Every state should allow abortions to save the life of the mother if thats what she wants

Where they dont that should be amended

But it must be strictly overseen to prevent lib cheating

You reveal a lot about lib thinking to say heathy unborn babies are a threat to lib happiness

youre a fucking idiot,,

if you got in a fire and all that was left of you was a toe, you could not only be identified as a human but if you were a male or female your haircolor and so much other stuff and we knew your DNA we could single you out of 8 billion people,,

so save your insane excuses and say you know you are advocating for the murder of a human child when you advocate for abortion,,,
I'm no idiot. You are just a tyrannical bastard, lamenting, the majority of the US is rejecting soundly your reasoning and your method of tyrannical control of that which you have no right to legislate. That is why your position is losing on the principle and will take your party representatives with it. So let it be voted, so let it be done. It is the pendulum swinging back when it goes too far.

I advocate only kicking the legislatures out, as they are controlled by those that would exercise tyranny and criminal liability to enforce their view on women. I think more of women than you women haters.

I'm no idiot. You are just a tyrannical bastard, lamenting, the majority of the US is rejecting soundly your reasoning and your method of tyrannical control of that which you have no right to legislate. That is why your position is losing on the principle and will take your party representatives with it. So let it be voted, so let it be done. It is the pendulum swinging back when it goes too far.

I advocate only kicking the legislatures out, as they are controlled by those that would exercise tyranny and criminal liability to enforce their view on women. I think more of women than you women haters.
youre worse than an idiot,,,

youre a sick fuck that actually knows he advocates for killing innocent child and insists on making piss poor excuses that make me sick to my stomach,,

Does your toe have a distinct DNA? How about a heart that beats? Your toe is a body part. A fetus is a stage of human development of a separate human being.
Tell it to the woman, mother of two, that is pregnant in Texas with a fetus diagnosed as having non-viable pregnancy.

Legality can be determined by a show of hands

But not even the majority can change the immoral from what it is

Every state should allow abortions to save the life of the mother if thats what she wants

You reveal a lot about lib thinking to say heathy unborn babies are a threat to lib happiness
Lib cheating, my ass. You only pitch out that now. Where were you when they were outlawing all abortions, criminalizing the mothers, the doctors, and anybody that might aide a woman getting out of the state? Your assholes went too far, because like you, they wanted to go that far and thought it their right to legislate going that far. Now, the backlash has started. I would not be surprised if Texas was a blue state after the next election.

Mind you, when all is said and done, there will be sensible regulations and those regulations will allow abortion whether you (in the minority) like it or not, but if running for office and making your argument to the people, a politician had best have another means of making a living, beyond elected office, as they will definitely need it.

She should be able to get some relief as her situation is the exception rather than the rule.
That is just what the judge said. Unfortunately, the Attorney General got the Texas supreme court to overrule the judge, the mother and the doctors. This is what happens when the rabid fringe takes control to act over the majority. They will pay for this on election day, as will other supporters across the country.

Lib cheating, my ass. You only pitch out that now. Where were you when they were outlawing all abortions, criminalizing the mothers, the doctors, and anybody that might aide a woman getting out of the state? Your assholes went too far, because like you, they wanted to go that far and thought it their right to legislate going that far. Now, the backlash has started. I would not be surprised if Texas was a blue state after the next election.

Mind you, when all is said and done, there will be sensible regulations and those regulations will allow abortion whether you (in the minority) like it or not, but if running for office and making your argument to the people, a politician had best have another means of making a living, beyond elected office, as they will definitely need it.
I have always supported abortion to save the life of the mother

But knowing libs, dont expect society to take Planned Parenthood’s word for the extreme medical necessity without scrutiny of a review board

Last edited:

The situation in Texas is that the mother's life isn't in danger. The baby will not survive and the mother's future fertility is in jeopardy.

This is a very unusual case. The law must bend to reason. Even if the mother's life is not in danger, the damage is great. Without reward since there never will be a baby from this pregnancy.

I have always supported abortion to save the life of the mother

But knowing libs dont expect society to take Planned Parenthood’s word for the extreme medical necessity without scrutiny of a review board
Well you should have convinced your anti-abortion legislators to take common sense into account, but did not. You probably celebrated the legislative wins. Well, reap the whirlwind now, mac.

The situation in Texas is that the mother's life isn't in danger. The baby will not survive and the mother's future fertility is in jeopardy.

This is a very unusual case. The law must bend to reason. Even if the mother's life is not in danger, the damage is great. Without reward since there never will be a baby from this pregnancy.
This is a classic example of not being able to fight city hall

Granted this is a more severe case thsn arguing with an unreasonable building inspector

but otherwise basically the same

What should happen?

The woman should go to another state and have the abortion

Well you should have convinced your anti-abortion legislators to take common sense into account, but did not. You probably celebrated the legislative wins. Well, reap the whirlwind now, mac.
I’m not the one complaining here, you are

Yes if all the college girls vote repubs from office and institute abortion on demand I wont like it

But dont count your chickens too soon

Start with this
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.

There is no such thing as an abortion is never appropriate. There is no such thing as an abortion is always appropriate.

This case reminds me of Terry Schievo. A brain dead woman was euthanized (in a horrible way) by court order. She had no chance of survival so off she goes. The attorneys in this case have the wrong approach. It's not an abortion issue. It's a euthanasia issue.

Just musing here.

Legislating an end to abortion, is just the tyranny of the minority over the majority, as favored by that party and mostly older men in that party.

That's kind of the point in this country having been set up as a republic rather than as a democracy.

Certain human rights of individuals are to be protected, even against a majority that wants to deny these rights.

IN a pure democracy, if a majority want to vote to torture and murder you, then that's what happens.

In a republic such as ours, at least in theory, your right to not be tortured and murdered would take precedence over the desire of a majority to do so.

It is a serious failing of our republic that we do not protect the rights of the most innocent and defenseless of all human beings; but there is no reason to believe that a democracy would do any better in this case.

Forum List

Back