Government shutdown looms

Everyone knows who the Republicans represent. Even their long budget bill gives a tax break to the wealthy. Hoover had the same idea.

Democrats, Republicans fail to reach budget deal - CNN.com

We can thank the Tea Baggers. They have dug their heals in and are not moving. Compromise if for sissys...

A couple of weeks ago, I had the TV on while I was doing something other than watching it. Some Republican came on to say something incredibly stupid (no surprise there). He said that Republicans didn't have to compromise with the president; The president had to compromise with Republicans. That's just plain stupid. Each side makes compromises in order to get something they want even though it's less than everything they want.

Yeah, they're all real smart. Put another 200,000 people out of work.
pukingsmiley.gif

We can thank the Tea Baggers. They have dug their heals in and are not moving. Compromise if for sissys...

Bring on the shutdown.... I have no problem with it. They did it in th nineties... universes did not collide.
Ask Newt about the result of that.

The result of the shutdown in '95 is that it insured Clinton a second term in office. :lol:

And no, my name isn't Newt.

A couple of weeks ago, I had the TV on while I was doing something other than watching it. Some Republican came on to say something incredibly stupid (no surprise there). He said that Republicans didn't have to compromise with the president; The president had to compromise with Republicans. That's just plain stupid. Each side makes compromises in order to get something they want even though it's less than everything they want.
Obama already met Boehner's demand, but Boehner moved the goal post.

Why didn't the Democrats pass a budget when they had control over both houses and the President too? Hope they stop playing politics and do their damned job.

When was that?

When the Republicans were filibustering each and every bill.

Good times good times.

Did the Democrats in the last Congress even bother to present a bill? I don't seem to recall them doing their job.

So, since they weren't interested when they were supposed to do this (prior to 1 Oct 2010) I say to hell with them and that they should just shut up and not even vote on the budget that they failed to do.

And yes if the Government shuts down there is no spin to it they failed to do their job last year and now it has to be done the hard way. I wonder if they will pass a budget for next year?

if the government shuts down does that mean obama goes back to being a community organizer?

When was that?

Good times good times.

Did the Democrats in the last Congress even bother to present a bill? I don't seem to recall them doing their job.

So, since they weren't interested when they were supposed to do this (prior to 1 Oct 2010) I say to hell with them and that they should just shut up and not even vote on the budget that they failed to do.

And yes if the Government shuts down there is no spin to it they failed to do their job last year and now it has to be done the hard way. I wonder if they will pass a budget for next year?

The Baggers don't want a budget because they don't want a Government. They want everyone carrying a gun and protecting themselves, putting out their own fires, and going house to house and enforcing their own moral standards. That would thrill the Tea Baggers.

Good times good times.

The Baggers don't want a budget because they don't want a Government. They want everyone carrying a gun and protecting themselves, putting out their own fires, and going house to house and enforcing their own moral standards. That would thrill the Tea Baggers.

Sounds good to me. Being self reliant. That's what made this country great in the first place.

When was that?

Good times good times.

I have to laugh at these cry baby libs whining about obstructionist republicans when they had the presidency and a super majority in congress. :lol: They forget it wasn't the republicans holding up obamacare and looking for dirty backroom deals it was the democrats.

Good times good times.

I have to laugh at these cry baby libs whining about obstructionist republicans when they had the presidency and a super majority in congress. :lol: They forget it wasn't the republicans holding up obamacare and looking for dirty backroom deals it was the democrats.

How long did the Dems have a supermajority?

Good times good times.

That's pure stupidity.

They had it the whole fuckin' year before this budget was due last Oct.

until kennedy died and the democrats failed to keep the seat in the most liberal state in the country. tell me how does one lose a kennedy seat in kennedy country? you have to fuck up really bad for that one.

New Topics

Forum List

Back