Government health care draws sick people away from God’

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
That’s the view of Dr Mark Green, above, a God-besotted state senator in Tennessee who could soon become Trump’s new US Army Secretary.

In 2015, Green told a church group:

I see our sort of government-based assistance taking God out of the picture. If you look at the Gospels and you go and study the Gospels, every person who came to Christ came to Christ with a physical need. It was either hunger or a disease.

He lamented the fact that that citizens in the United States now rely instead on the government to assist them, thus limiting the role of Christian churches to help the afflicted.

The person who’s in need … they look to the government for the answer, not God, and I think in that way government has done an injustice that’s even bigger than just the creation of an entitlement welfare state … I think it interrupts the opportunity for people to come to a saving knowledge of who God is.

He said that he hoped to personally set up free healthcare clinics at churches throughout Tennessee. Green is President/CEO of Align MD, an emergency department staffing company with businesses in five Southeastern states and he:
The Freethinker - The voice of atheism since 1881 » ‘Government health care draws sick people away from God’

Get rid of this whackadoo.

That’s the view of Dr Mark Green, above, a God-besotted state senator in Tennessee who could soon become Trump’s new US Army Secretary.

I see our sort of government-based assistance taking God out of the picture. If you look at the Gospels and you go and study the Gospels, every person who came to Christ came to Christ with a physical need. It was either hunger or a disease.

He lamented the fact that that citizens in the United States now rely instead on the government to assist them, thus limiting the role of Christian churches to help the afflicted.

The person who’s in need … they look to the government for the answer, not God, and I think in that way government has done an injustice that’s even bigger than just the creation of an entitlement welfare state … I think it interrupts the opportunity for people to come to a saving knowledge of who God is.

He said that he hoped to personally set up free healthcare clinics at churches throughout Tennessee. Green is President/CEO of Align MD, an emergency department staffing company with businesses in five Southeastern states and he:
The Freethinker - The voice of atheism since 1881 » ‘Government health care draws sick people away from God’

You need to keep abreast of things. He declined Trump's consideration. Now, you can leave him alone and go back to your regularly scheduled tearing down of this nation.

Damn. He was overqualified.

You need to keep abreast of things. He declined Trump's consideration. Now, you can leave him alone and go back to your regularly scheduled tearing down of this nation.

Dr. Mark Green, Tennessee State Senator for District 22, serves as the Vice-Chair of the Senate Commerce and Insurance Committee as well as a member of the Agriculture and Natural Resources Committees. He is the Chaplain of the Senate GOP Caucus and was selected as the Tennessee Journal’s Rookie of the year in 2013 and has won legislator of the year for numerous organizations. He recently won recognition as the NFIB’s Guardian of Small Business. Mark was also recognized as one of GOPAC’s top 21 Emerging Leaders for the Country.

I know. Get rid of this mother fucker.

For what, hon?

For what, hon?
Any federal role. Communism is anti-religion. He would be a good guy to place in charge of cutting government waste.

For what, hon?
Any federal role. Communism is anti-religion. He would be a good guy to place in charge of cutting government waste.

No. This is not a communist country. Try again.

Dr. Mark Green, Tennessee State Senator for District 22, serves as the Vice-Chair of the Senate Commerce and Insurance Committee as well as a member of the Agriculture and Natural Resources Committees. He is the Chaplain of the Senate GOP Caucus and was selected as the Tennessee Journal’s Rookie of the year in 2013 and has won legislator of the year for numerous organizations. He recently won recognition as the NFIB’s Guardian of Small Business. Mark was also recognized as one of GOPAC’s top 21 Emerging Leaders for the Country.

Couldn't read and process my post can you? Typical LWNJ.

Have you ever read the Constitution about there not being a religious test to hold any office?

Didn't think so!

For what, hon?

Before you get too much anti-governmentness into your professed Christian faith,

you might want to remember that (supposedly) Heaven is a Kingdom, and God is King.

That is government on steroids.

For what, hon?

No. This is not a communist country. Try again.

If the libs had their way, it would be in a heartbeat!

Have you ever read the Constitution about there not being a religious test to hold any office?

Didn't think so!

And apparently no intelligence test.

Didn't think so!

And apparently no intelligence test.

If there were, liberals could not get elected as dog-catcher.

I sincerely hope that Sen. Green has the opportunity to get some face time with god, soon.

Didn't think so!

Actually Twat- I understand the Constitution just fine. What I dislike is anyone who is proposing putting "free" medical clinics in churches so they can get God.

Didn't think so!

Actually Twat- I understand the Constitution just fine. What I dislike is anyone who is proposing putting "free" medical clinics in churches so they can get God.

No, you obviously do not, or at least what you posted indicates you do not.

Since he is not your representative, you can merely stuff your complaints where the sun does not shine.

Didn't think so!

No, you obviously do not, or at least what you posted indicates you do not.

Since he is not your representative, you can merely stuff your complaints where the sun does not shine.

Grow up.

My family came from Tennessee to georgia, back in about 1887. My grandfather was the first to finish elementary school, and did not feel like he fit in up there any more.

The wackadoc is in the emergency care staffing business.

He does not give a hoot about anybody's soul.

He wants to make the poor go to emergency rooms so that he can make a profit.

Mark Green has withdrawn his name.
I'll rely on my doctors rather than resort to Christian Science, thank you.

Forum List

Back