Government and parenting

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
There was this child genius reality show on. There was this very overweight girl who reads five grades above her grade level. She loves science. She wants to be a surgeon or a geologist. She studies different minerals in her free time. Her parents give her candy as a reward. Her parents thinks giving her diet Pepsi gives her energy.

Is this poor parenting?

Her parents gave her a laptop. Maybe a soccer ball or some dance classes might be a better gift.
Lifetime_Child_Genius_Season_2.jpg

Personally I think all of the parents on Child Genius are screwing with the childhood of their children.

Who thinks the government should take these children away from their parents and give these children a real enjoyable childhood?

These kids are in trouble of ending up in better shape than their peers.

Why not have the government go after children that will end up in serious trouble if not removed from their environments

Well, I don't know about the little girl who's definitely overweight ... but my eyes went straight to the little girl to the left in a black dress. Her eyes look very dull and sad and she's got a very defensive stance with her arms crossed. THAT's the little girl I'd be worried about.

Well, I don't know about the little girl who's definitely overweight ... but my eyes went straight to the little girl to the left in a black dress. Her eyes look very dull and sad and she's got a very defensive stance with her arms crossed. THAT's the little girl I'd be worried about.

I'd be worried if anyone seriously considered separating a child from her family because some stranger on the internet glanced at a still photo for a few seconds (to say the least).

I'd be worried if anyone seriously considered separating a child from her family because some stranger on the internet glanced at a still photo for a few seconds (to say the least).

But I didn't say I thought the government should remove the child from her home and I can't even imagine how you would even come to the conclusion that I did think that. There are lots of reasons that girl looks as she does. Are her parents' expectations beyond what she can achieve? Is she stressed because she's not first in her class? Is she being bullied in school? Is something other than studies going on that her parents may not even be aware of? What if a teacher or someone else molesting her and she's scared to death to say anything? All I'm saying is that the girl looks very sad and/or troubled. Don't be so quick to judge someone else's thoughts and make incorrect assumptions.

The op is retarded. You do not separate a child from its parents unless the child's welfare is in jeopardy. That does NOT include feeding your kids sugar. That is fucking asinine.

Personally, I think "government" took our children away from us long ago. I'm glad mine are grown and I don't have to deal with the issues of today's parents and children. I managed to raise three really wonderful children as a single parent ... and they always try to do right by me. Love them to to moon and back.

There are so many ways to screw up your children. There are so many people who think they know better. I saw a meme on FB that said "Once upon a time I was a perfect parent. Then I had kids".

Everyone seems to know what is best for someone else's child.

Since I am old I can say that I personally witnessed scores of children being raised by friends and relatives, and there are MANY successful, well-adjusted young adults out there whom I was convinced were going to end up worthless as shidt because of the way their parents indulged them while they were growing up. I was as wrong as could be.

I know a couple others who were chubby as kids and grew out of it. No one will have to remind this girl that fat girls don't get no (sincere) Valentine's. She will figure out her own priorities and take whatever action she deems necessary.

Forum List

Back