Gov Shutdown Reality Check

Who is "you people"? You might want to check the actual year by year budget by category. Do real dollar per capita. I suspect you haven't actually seen the budget break down or where the money is actually being spent. Keep in mind, SSI is non-descresionary and has a trust fund. It is deficit neutral. So is Medicare Part A. Medicare Part B and C have premiums paid by the recipient, so they have their own revenue stream. (it would be nice to see if they balance.)
You just lost all credibility with Me. SSI is broke. You open the box and you will see a bunch of IOU's. Nothing more. That means that the SSI is on the budget. That is the big problem with the way they handle it. IT is NOT deficit neutral.

When you have no more money, you have to prioritize your spending. Not apply for more credit cards in the hopes of keeping your balances in flux.

And by "You People" I am referring to leftists and other government wonks who think that our treasury is limitless.

You need to go tto a) SSI and find out what FICA taxes are and what the trust fund is.

So, in other words, you have no clue what you are talking about except that your tin foil hat is too tight.
You have already proven that you don't know what you are talking about. I won't concern Myself overly much over your beliefs.

Just stop promoting lies that we can't avoid a credit downgrade if we don't raise the debt ceiling. Because that is what they are.

Lies.

Have a nice day.

You just lost all credibility with Me. SSI is broke. You open the box and you will see a bunch of IOU's. Nothing more. That means that the SSI is on the budget. That is the big problem with the way they handle it. IT is NOT deficit neutral.

When you have no more money, you have to prioritize your spending. Not apply for more credit cards in the hopes of keeping your balances in flux.

And by "You People" I am referring to leftists and other government wonks who think that our treasury is limitless.

You need to go tto a) SSI and find out what FICA taxes are and what the trust fund is.

So, in other words, you have no clue what you are talking about except that your tin foil hat is too tight.
You have already proven that you don't know what you are talking about. I won't concern Myself overly much over your beliefs.

Just stop promoting lies that we can't avoid a credit downgrade if we don't raise the debt ceiling. Because that is what they are.

Lies.

Have a nice day.

Stick your head in the sand if you must.

The reality is that SSI and Medicare Part A are non-discretionary and are funded by specific taxes, called FICA. They have trust funds and do not add a penny to the debt or deficit.

It is awfully convenient how your tin foil hat prevents you from actually learning things. All you have to do is go to the SSI website and look it up under trust funds. The keep a running balance as, after all, it is our insurance.

Forum List

Back