Gov. Crist says Florida will not enforce gay adoption ban after appeals court ruling

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by asterism, Sep 22, 2010.

1. asterism

asterism Congress != Progress

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,073
    Gov. Crist says Florida will not enforce gay adoption ban after appeals court ruling
    Bob Shackelford

TALLAHASSEE, Florida -- Gov. Charlie Crist said today the state will stop enforcing its legal ban on adoption by gay couples while deciding whether to seek a Florida Supreme Court review of an appeals court ruling against the statute.

"I'm very pleased with the ruling," Crist told reporters. "We are going to immediately stop enforcing the ban on those adoptions because a district court has statewide application. As it relates to potential appeal, I'd like some time to give it some thought and see what the plaintiffs might deem appropriate."

A three-judge panel in South Florida upheld a circuit court ruling that struck down the state's ban on adoption by gay couples. Opponents of gay adoption have vowed to fight to reinstate the law, while even some proponents of adoption by homosexual couples have said a final clarification is needed to cement their victory from the lower courts.

Gov. Crist says Florida will not enforce gay adoption ban after appeals court ruling | Tampa Bay, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Sarasota | WTSP.com 10 News

:clap2:

Still not voting for the guy, but he's correct on this one.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  2. blu

blu Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +774
    great news....

3. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,990
    I have no problem with Gay Couples adopting. Hopefully they get the same scrutiny that any couple trying to adopt gets.

4. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,199
    Not sure what other choice he had considering the ruling.

5. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,183
    Sure, let the homos adopt. Great way for them to indoctrinate a child into their form of dysfunctional gender identity.

In any case, it baffles me as to why they want to adopt a child. If they want a kid that bad, they know how to make one. Why don't they? Are they that sick in the head that they can't copulate like normal people so they can have their own kid? I personally think that's a pathetic cop out and selfish to adopt someone else's kid just because they refuse to procreate by normal means even though they're capable.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  6. asterism

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,073
    In Florida they do, plus some. It's a hard road all around except for those on the inside of the corrupt DCF. It's really too bad that the social conservative extreme thinks a crack whore who sold her children is a better mother than two gay women.

7. asterism

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,073
    WOW!

I've got a few kids myself and I absolutely love being a dad. My wife and I were talking about whether we want more kids, and I said that if we think we need more we should adopt. She agrees. It's not always about wanting "a kid that bad." Sometimes it's just about wanting another kid and seeing so many miracles readily available.

8. 007

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,183
    Please provide evidence to prove your statement contains even a particule of proof, instead of it being just a line of pure fictional bloviation.

9. 007

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,183
    And sometimes it's a selfish cop out because you refuse to have kids by conventional means.

Adoption is a crutch for homos to pretend they're living a normal life.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  10. Queen

Queen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +158
    Wow a Republican who respects equal rights. Very good to see.

Not surprised at the right wing losers who post the prejudiced and bigoted comments though. That's very much expected.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2