Gov. Brown

this whole thing came about because of Prop 13......which was something that had good intentions but future problems as well...basically revenue.....so it wasnt Brown just saying the hell with infrastructure as i think your implying....thats why it was a 4 year moratorium....and besides.....the City of Bakersfield fought against the highway for 25 years after the moratorium.......

Prop 13 may not have been perfect, but it sure kept a lot of people in their homes who otherwise would have lost it. Howard was looking out for the folks....first.

Look up Adriana Gianturco, Brown's Secretary of Transportation. Then get back to me.:eusa_angel:

this woman was the one who tried to get Diamond lanes on the freeways instead of new freeways.....she was not to popular with anyone including the people of the State....not to many back then backed her ideas...many wanted her fired......so it wasnt just Brown.....and the freeways we have right now with those lanes in them?......i dont see where they do anything to help with the congestion.....at rush hour they are still backed up......but looking at her google entries i still dont see anywhere that Brown did what you said HE did.....which is stop all highway construction....if you have it i would love to see it...

this is from a sight called Congestion Relief.....

Adriana Gianturco
Gianturco's tenure provides Brown's GOP opponent ample material to illustrate her lethal combination of incompetence and autocratic manner which thoroughly demoralized the work-force within the department. Her lasting damage to California, however, was not the internal chaos she fostered, but rather the utterly failed "diamond lane" experiment. Like her boss, Gianturco tended to fall captive to every passing liberal "cause du jour." In transportation, it was "diamond lanes" — those very expensive, under-utilized special lanes that punish motorists for the sin of daring to drive alone. Gianturco, strongly backed by Brown, forced those on California's unwilling motorists, and those abominations remain with us today.

there you have it....

I think it's a grossly illegitimate debate tactic to lay a point down and then tell your adversary to look it up. That's bullshit. Either you're in the game or you're not.

Not sure what the issue with diamond lanes is here. I see them in cities all over the country to this day, so if they're an "abomination", there are a lot of cities unaware of that...
around here they dont do as advertised.....thats all i am saying about them.....i remember when these things were coming into being around here......lots of opposition.....and then this same lady started her car-pool bullshit......if you dont live by any co-workers.....you cant car pool.....i remember at work them saying well if you have to go 10 miles out of your way to get Joe....its a saving because only one of you is driving........then you have to hope you get off at the same time.....and you have to depend on someone......fuck that shit......

this woman was the one who tried to get Diamond lanes on the freeways instead of new freeways.....she was not to popular with anyone including the people of the State....not to many back then backed her ideas...many wanted her fired......so it wasnt just Brown.....and the freeways we have right now with those lanes in them?......i dont see where they do anything to help with the congestion.....at rush hour they are still backed up......but looking at her google entries i still dont see anywhere that Brown did what you said HE did.....which is stop all highway construction....if you have it i would love to see it...

Adriana Gianturco
Gianturco's tenure provides Brown's GOP opponent ample material to illustrate her lethal combination of incompetence and autocratic manner which thoroughly demoralized the work-force within the department. Her lasting damage to California, however, was not the internal chaos she fostered, but rather the utterly failed "diamond lane" experiment. Like her boss, Gianturco tended to fall captive to every passing liberal "cause du jour." In transportation, it was "diamond lanes" — those very expensive, under-utilized special lanes that punish motorists for the sin of daring to drive alone. Gianturco, strongly backed by Brown, forced those on California's unwilling motorists, and those abominations remain with us today.

there you have it....

I think it's a grossly illegitimate debate tactic to lay a point down and then tell your adversary to look it up. That's bullshit. Either you're in the game or you're not.

Not sure what the issue with diamond lanes is here. I see them in cities all over the country to this day, so if they're an "abomination", there are a lot of cities unaware of that...

The Diamond lanes in Sacramento are what the entire state should use as a model. During rush hours morning/afternoon they are used for multiple passengers. The rest of the day they are just another lane.
LA/OC, they are a Diamond lane all day long, and the other lanes just remain congested

this is what i am saying how around were i am at they dont work....its bullshit....

You missed my last post. Brown imposed a moratorium on freeway construction because of ideology, not Prop. 13.

then why was it only for 4 years?.....i think it was because of lack of funds more than anything........from 1979 to the 90's there was very little interstate construction....which was a mistake,roads were getting old in this time........in 1990 Propositions 108, 111, and 116 were passed, designed to generate $18.5 billion for transportation improvements........measure M was passed here in OC and became the biggest construction project in the Counties history resulting in a massive highway construction project that became known as the "Orange Crush"......and it is still going on today.....but im glad you showed me where Brown put the Moratorium up......because "Truth" opened up her yap and said Gov Wilson scraped EVERY infrastructure project in the State while he was Gov in the 90's.....you know the big bad Republican.....against maintaining infrastructure.....

"Adding diamond lanes reduces congestion." Anyone catch the deception in this statement? Although adding a diamond lane is better than nothing, adding a NON-diamond lane reduces congestion even more. Besides, it would save paint and extra signs.

Rewrite history if it makes you feel good. I worked in the State Government during the Brown years and I know whereof I speak.

Adriana Gianturco

there you have it....

around here they dont do as advertised.....thats all i am saying about them.....i remember when these things were coming into being around here......lots of opposition.....and then this same lady started her car-pool bullshit......if you dont live by any co-workers.....you cant car pool.....i remember at work them saying well if you have to go 10 miles out of your way to get Joe....its a saving because only one of you is driving........then you have to hope you get off at the same time.....and you have to depend on someone......fuck that shit......

Wending off to a tangent here, but it occurs to me this traffic question is very much a parallel to the current gun question-- whether 'tis nobler in the minds of men to control traffic (guns) via diamond lanes and forced carpooling (gun restrictions) or to instead go to the root problem that there is too much autonomic dependence on driving cars (shooting guns).

Just a thought.

The root problem in California is that 40% of transportation spending subsidizes the 2% of people who use mass transit.

The root problem in California is that 40% of transportation spending subsidizes the 2% of people who use mass transit.

I think that's true in every state with variations in the percentages. I know in Pennsylvania the vast expanse in the rural middle continually protests about having their taxes subsidize SEPTA. What they don't get is that all those folks in greater Philadelphia are giving a lot more back to the state than they are.

California was unfortunately set up to be dependent on the car. That has great benefits to individual independence, but obviously has costs along with it, to wit the smog and the traffic.

Portland- now there's a city that has the right idea.

(/offtopic)

this whole thing came about because of Prop 13......which was something that had good intentions but future problems as well...basically revenue.....so it wasnt Brown just saying the hell with infrastructure as i think your implying....thats why it was a 4 year moratorium....and besides.....the City of Bakersfield fought against the highway for 25 years after the moratorium.......

First you dispute that Brown issued a moratorium on freeway construction, and then admit but defend it! Does intellectual honesty mean nothing to you?

First you dispute that Brown issued a moratorium on freeway construction, and then admit but defend it! Does intellectual honesty mean nothing to you?

can you read?.....first off i asked you to show me where Brown did this.....you did.....but it was for 4 years....since he served 2 terms i am assuming he did not extend it for the other 4 since it did not say he did....which tells me it was more for lack of funds then ideology ...NOW you show me were Brown is against infrastructure as you said.....otherwise ....your just another poster posting bullshit.....

Brown has been as much of a disaster this time as last time. Probably because he never stopped blowing coke.

I expect a California legislative analyst to commend him, after all the analyst wants to keep his job.

You're not only stupid but also an asshole. Why you comment on things you know nothing about is amazing, that you slander others with the same ignorance is disgusting.

Ask him/her/it for proof.

POOF!

He/she/it will be gone in a flash.

"California legislative analyst commends Gov. Jerry Brown's budget proposal as fiscally disciplined."

See details in link below.

California legislative analyst commends Gov. Jerry Brown's budget proposal as fiscally disciplined - San Jose Mercury News disciplined

Is this the same analyst that said that Facebook would bring in enough money to balance the budget last year?

Never mind, I know the answer is yes, just wanted to make the point that those people are almost as dumb as Krugman.

Brown has been as much of a disaster this time as last time. Probably because he never stopped blowing coke.

I expect a California legislative analyst to commend him, after all the analyst wants to keep his job.

You're not only stupid but also an asshole. Why you comment on things you know nothing about is amazing, that you slander others with the same ignorance is disgusting.

POOF!

Proof of what you already know that a democrat commended him.

POOF!

you should talk.....you do the same dam thing in just about every thread your in....

Jerry Brown was the same kind of coke freak Linda Ronstadt was when they were dating.

A

Forum List

Back